You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Did Carragher really come out with this earlier today. Seriously, shut the fuck up, Jamie.

No, he said it somewhere else and it was reported in the echo well before today's game.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-news-carragher-alisson-mignolet-18966236

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Did Carragher really come out with this earlier today. Seriously, shut the fuck up, Jamie.

Didn't @dave u say similar in his Leeds match notes?

I kind of understand the analogy,  but Carragher sounds clumsy there (although I have heard or read the rest of it). 

From the Beeb:

Jorginho missed a penalty for the first time in nine attempts for Chelsea in all competitions, while this was Alisson's first penalty save for Liverpool since joining the club (three faced). The penalty was also Alisson's first save of any kind in this season's Premier League.

32 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Hes an idiot. I wouldnt pay much attention to him. 

It's some kind of weird reverse Stockholm Syndrome, basically he's constantly on edge about being accused of bias so he goes the other way, but too far, to the point of just chatting shit. Saying Wan Bissaka was the best right back in the world was some next level shit.

It'd be like if your son worked for your company so you just went around all day saying what a twat he was.

I used to love Carra for what he,did for the club but over the years with him being more in the public eye on a regular basis through his media work he does sometimes come across as a fool. That spitting incident was just disgusting and since then he appears to be toeing the sky party line. 

I'm expecting him to say "It was just banter" next

36 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm finding the commentary and pundits on US TV to be preferable these days. I think it's MSNBC I was watching today, with Arlo White, Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux. Dixon's sound, and is already in love with Thiago.

What's Le Saux like? I'd say he's a good pundit to be fair to him. 

48 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm finding the commentary and pundits on US TV to be preferable these days. I think it's MSNBC I was watching today, with Arlo White, Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux. Dixon's sound, and is already in love with Thiago.

I always watch the games on nbc. 

Dixon is great, not a knobhead at all. Unfortunately today the channel was flicking a bit on my box so I had EU watch it on sky. 

The whole commentary team where painful to listen to. The only enjoyable thing was hearing the absolute pain in Nevilles voice when we where bossing the game with thiago pulling the strings. 

• Upvote 1

Carragher is what he always was; a very good centre back, and a loudmouth, dim-witted vulgarian. He's been speaking shite for at least a decade but when there was any value at all in him speaking up during H&G years he was dead silent - presumably because it did not benefit him. Absolutely nothing new from him.

11 hours ago, sir roger said:

Didn't think the Sky lot were as bad as usual today. Neville is usually fairly honest and complimentary about us even if it sounds grudging at times, Carragher was very quiet for most of the match and even Tyler wasn't as snide as usual and kept calling us the champions which surprised me.

Tyler was his usual cuntish self , bigging up whilst praying for Werner to rip Fab a new one

Carragher needs to realise oppo fans will say he's biased because he played for Liverpool no matter how he comes across or says. By trying to appear impartial, he just pisses everyone off, Liverpool fans included. You can blow your legacy in an instant if you sell your own out trying to appease others for the sake of it.

Unless Sky have told him he has to be impartial, he should fuck it off and be his own man. If Sky dont like it then he should fuck them off instead of kneeing at their altar.

It's weird listening to Neville being more accurate, correct and decisive about Liverpool than Jamie is!

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Carragher needs to realise oppo fans will say he's biased because he played for Liverpool no matter how he comes across or says. By trying to appear impartial, he just pisses everyone off, Liverpool fans included. You can blow your legacy in an instant if you sell your own out trying to appease others for the sake of it.

Unless Sky have told him he has to be impartial, he should fuck it off and be his own man. If Sky dont like it then he should fuck them off instead of kneeing at their altar.

It's weird listening to Neville being more accurate, correct and decisive about Liverpool than Jamie is!

Jamie in general is a far better analyst than Neville. He knows his stuff. Just wish he would stay honest about us. 

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

No way they've told him that.  Hell Neville basically implied Scousers couldn't understand English during the game Yesterday.

Carragher's a tit and always has been.

4 hours ago, No2 said:

His comment about Salah going down very easy annoyed me a lot. They didn't even show a replay so he just jumped straight in with his default line of Mo is a cheat.

He does go down easy though - nowhere near as bad as that Bruno twat for the Mancs. 

17 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

What did Neville say?

Tyler was saying good things about Thiago and ended it with something like "he even speaks perfect English", too which Neville said " it won't be any use to him there".  Carragher didn't saying anything and approx 2 mins later Tyler said "why is he going to live in Manchester ?" 

I don't think there was anything negative from Neville, just the usual scousers don't speak English banter. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I always watch the games on nbc. 

Dixon is great, not a knobhead at all. Unfortunately today the channel was flicking a bit on my box so I had EU watch it on sky. 

The whole commentary team where painful to listen to. The only enjoyable thing was hearing the absolute pain in Nevilles voice when we where bossing the game with thiago pulling the strings. 

Dixon is a good lad, had a few beers with him in Porto during the euros in 04. 

Just spoke sense, didn’t come out with anything outrageous and had time for everyone in the bar. 

The bird he was with was fucking outrageous and definitely wasn’t his wife.