You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Iain Dowie - proof that the human race is still far from reaching it's pinnacle. He speaks like there's a rotating turnip in his rectum and a grasshopper in his gob.

Tony Gale - I can only describe this guy as having the communication skills of a drunk squirrel.

Tony Cascarino - looks like he's just left the boozer after a 24 hour session and talks like it too. Still, he's probably 1000% better at speaking than Iain Dowie and that's no exaggeration.

He showed his true colours at the weekend when he shrieked as Bent headed in the equaliser. So much for impartiality.

On the flipside, him having to commentate as his lifelong club is torn apart is like someone being strapped to a chair and watching their partner get tortured.

Neville's the best recent newcomer by a mile.

In many ways, the 'style' of older pundits has had its day... all that trivia about who's had what for breakfast during lulls in the game has worn thin (or certainly has with me).

My keep list:

Neville

Keane (can't stand him, but he's good telly)

Dixon

Murphy

Holland

Souness

Le Tissier

Thompson

Hansen

Wright

Smith

Le Tissier

My ditch list:

Owen

N. Quinn

Rednapp

Hoddle

Gullit

Shearer

Nicholas

Merson (might be exempt for comedy value)

Lawrenson

Townshend

Waddle

Neville's the best recent newcomer by a mile.

In many ways, the 'style' of older pundits has had its day... all that trivia about who's had what for breakfast during lulls in the game has worn thin (or certainly has with me).

My keep list:

Neville

Keane (can't stand him, but he's good telly)

Dixon

Murphy

Holland

Souness

Le Tissier

Thompson

Hansen

Wright

Smith

Le Tissier

My ditch list:

Owen

N. Quinn

Rednapp

Hoddle

Gullit

Shearer

Nicholas

Merson (might be exempt for comedy value)

Lawrenson

Townshend

Waddle

I didn't know Matt Let Tissier has a brother?

Who is Townshend?

Steve Claridge has to be one of the most annoying. He seems to criticise Rafa more than most. A shit journeyman striker who spent virtually his entire career in the lower leagues and once managed the mighty Weymouth yet he feels he can constantly belittle a man who has won the Spanish league twice, the champions league and the FA cup.

The pundits on most programmes are annoying but the BBC comfortably seem to outdo the rest to the extent that I'm sure their recruitment policy involves purposely assembling the biggest panel of complete fuckwits they can find. Mark Bright, Garth Crooks, Mark Lawrenson, Alan Shearer, Jason Roberts, the aforementioned Steve Claridge - I refuse to believe anyone finds any of these people insightful or entertaining. And now they seem to be grooming Michael Owen to become a regular panellist and I can only assume it's because someone made a bet with them that they couldn't find anyone even less insightful or interesting than Alan Shearer.

Was anyone ever more wrongly named than this cunt? 

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...