You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roast Dinners

Sugar Ape

Did the ol' bird get roasted or not?

I've had the slow cooker on since last night for a beef stew. Got those extra large yorkshire puds that fill ya plate up and gonna put the stew in that.

You mean you havent made your own?

Sausages in red wine sauce for us with mashed potatoes and veg

You mean you havent made your own?

Sausages in red wine sauce for us with mashed potatoes and veg

I've mad a stew. A whole fucking stew from start to scratch. With all the veg and everything. I mean I could have made them, but then I would have had to remove my arse from the sofa for longer than I would have wanted.

Just done an apple struddle and custard too.

I've mad a stew. A whole fucking stew from start to scratch. With all the veg and everything. I mean I could have made them, but then I would have had to remove my arse from the sofa for longer than I would have wanted.

Erm, not exactly the hardest job though mate? 

• Upvote 1

Erm, not exactly the hardest job though mate?

And 3 small kids in the house, I'd say that was a pretty good effort

Buy it from a butcher and he'll be able to tell you know how old it is.

If you buy it from a supermarket you'll have no idea how old it is and you're best pot roasting it.

This is bugging me now. I've just driven past the butcher's and there's a sign up advertising new season's pheasants. And now we're at my nephew's birthday on Sunday. Grrrr. (No washing up, I suppose)

Is there something wrong with the other days of the week?

You think I am going to go to that effort in the week when food is fuel and sandwiched between everything else the people have got going on? Nah, this is something to take my time over and be enjoyed properly...with a glass or two

You think I am going to go to that effort in the week when food is fuel and sandwiched between everything else the people have got going on? Nah, this is something to take my time over and be enjoyed properly...with a glass or two

Sat or Fri? Either way I want to know how the pheasant goes.

I haven't eaten pheasant since the Gay bloke at my dads work with all the guns tried to bum him and kidnap me and my best mate one friday night. Its a long story but I hope the pheasants good.

Sat or Fri? Either way I want to know how the pheasant goes.

I haven't eaten pheasant since the Gay bloke at my dads work with all the guns tried to bum him and kidnap me and my best mate one friday night. Its a long story but I hope the pheasants good.

Friday. My last birthday event

Saturday. Working.

The following weekend is a possibility. It'll still be a Sunday, though

• 5 years later...
On 11/12/2013 at 1:53 PM, VladimirIlyich said:

This thread is well Gay.

Roast Dinners are the domain of a woman and should remain so.

The only involvement a man has is when it involves a Ham Shank.

I'm calling bollocks to that one.

I'm gonna roast a nice big bit of pork (fnar).

Love doing a roast.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Went to the Bell Inn @Studham yesterday. 

Most St probably the nicest roast I’ve ever had. 4 meats too. 

746431D5-B84C-4CA5-B629-2608EB319EEE.jpeg

If that's the best roast you've ever had, you need to up your game. Shit roast potatoes. Like criminally shit. Pile of wank frozen Yorkshire. Gravy in the corner of the plate? Also, the plate has fucking corners. At least it's white, I suppose. Also, what's the dry nut-roast looking shit by the cauliflower? Parsnip looks flaccid. 

2/10

• Upvote 2