You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you think?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I strongly agree
    • I strongly disagree
    • I agree
    • I disagree
    • I am unsure.

Long story short, Maca is fighting the good fight. If you're against him, you're against us.

I'm not sure if he was banned, but I think it's best that he is. He doesn't need any distractions (or anymore shandies) between now and the game with the Mancs. I'm not sure how many they're allowed to bring to the ground, but I hope they're ready for war.

There was a video from the 80s on the Anfield wrap around the time of the Europa games against them and United fans were filmed chanting Shankly 81. Not sure when all the Munich chanting was supposed to have begun but I also read that United fans sang good luck liverpool in the 1977 fa cup final ahead of the European Cup final. An Everton fan I used to work with said he was with a load of United fans (I know) in lime st in the late 70s getting grief about Munich which if true means it started between 77 and 81.

My hunch is some United fans sung about Shankly death then heysel then hillsborough when we were winning in.the 80s then some of ours started singing about Munich when they were winning. Then it got ramped up again when we won no.5 and they took over our league wins.

There's no doubt that you can hear loud and clear thousands of them singing always the victim where as I don't even know the tune of a Munich song never mind the words.

The runway song about munich was being sung long before Shankly's passing. It was going in the early 70's.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/1/2016 at 4:03 PM, Kevin D said:

I have decided that I'm not going to watch Liverpool-Man Utd games anymore, home or away, or in either of the domestic cups.

I think it is wrong to allow them into Anfield and chant about Hillsborough, I think it's wrong for us to chant about Munich, and I don't want anything to do with either, anymore.

We're playing them in 6 weeks, so I thought I should let folks know this is the best decision I ever made.

The last league game I saw the Mancs play was in 2015, and I feel so much better for it.