You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you think?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I strongly agree
    • I strongly disagree
    • I agree
    • I disagree
    • I am unsure.

You're not actually comparing some of the childish shit said by Warner, Haddin etc to the filth being chanted the other night, surely? 

Not comparing, but it is institutionalised in Australian cricket and has been for years (Chappell, I ,Chappell, G.,Border, Warne etc) by supposed role models and is a lot more than childish. Violent and often racist.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Man Utd v Liverpool: Uefa charges both clubs after Old Trafford trouble

Manchester United and Liverpool have been charged by Uefa following crowd trouble during the Europa League last-16 second leg at Old Trafford.

Rival fans were seen fighting in the stands, seats were thrown and flares were lit at Thursday's 1-1 draw, during which five men were arrested.

Both clubs have been charged with crowd disturbances and throwing of objects.

Liverpool, who won 3-1 on aggregate, have been charged with illicit chants and the setting off of fireworks.

The case will be heard by Uefa's control, ethics and disciplinary body on 19 May, the day after the Europa League final in Basel.

Greater Manchester Police superintendent Jim Liggett said the force was investigating a "handful of concerning incidents" after Thursday's game.

Beforehand, police had to remove a banner on the M602 motorway in Salford designed to taunt Liverpool fans heading to Old Trafford.

United were not punished by Uefa after some of their fans sang offensive Hillsborough disaster chants during the first leg at Anfield.

Liverpool, meanwhile, are looking into a tweet sent from youth team player Jordan Williams' verified Twitter account during the game.

The tweet depicted an aeroplane emoji and pair of hands clapping, in response to a video of Liverpool fans celebrating inside Old Trafford

Other Twitter users suggested Williams was mocking the 1958 Munich air disaster, in which eight United players died.

Williams, 20, deleted the tweet and later apologised, saying: "My Twitter has been hacked, I would never put anything like that to offend anyone, sorry about this."

His account has since been deactivated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35840289

Time for lan Ayre to lead from the front over this illicit chanting charge.

Go on the offencive, take a tape of the away chants at Anfield and put it to Uefa that unless they take action Man utd fans will be banned from Anfield for the foreseeable future and Liverpool are withdrawing from European competition next season.

I'm willing to forgive his years of incompetence if he shows a bit of backbone, although I expect him to roll over and have his tummy tickled.

Just ban away fans from these fixtures for at least a couple of years. As I said last week, if opposition fans aren't around to be goaded by these chants (and goading to get a reaction is primarily what these chants are about in my opinion), you'll probably get fewer chants like this. And you won't get skirmishes between fans at the stadiums.

The problem is, it could increase the possibility of fans arranging to meet up for a brawl elsewhere. It happened in Holland in the late 90s when Ajax and Feyenoord banned away fans from those fixtures.

Go on the offencive, take a tape of the away chants at Anfield and put it to Uefa that unless they take action Man utd fans will be banned from Anfield for the foreseeable future and Liverpool are withdrawing from European competition next season.

I'm willing to forgive his years of incompetence if he shows a bit of backbone, although I expect him to roll over and have his tummy tickled.

1326414.gif

take a tape of the away chants at Anfield and put it to Uefa that unless they take action ... Liverpool are withdrawing from European competition next season.

Perhaps they could give our slot to the Mancs? Are you mad?

We won last night, and with a bit of luck we will be competing in the CL next season while the Mancs may not even make the EL - problem solved.

I dunno... Are the people who run the club in touch with the fans or not? This is their chance to show that they are and not be fucking feeble. Has the message got through yet that we're supporters not customers? We need more people like Kenny at the club in positions of influence. United have got Charlton and Ferguson, we have money men.

I couldn't give a rat's arse really about most of those charges, but the "illicit chanting" one is a slur against the entire fanbase. I'm fucking fuming that we get that leveled against us because of what couldn't have been more than a handful of dickheads singing about Munich - when the vast, vast majority of fans put themselves above that shite. Whereas the mob of fans where a slur against the entire fanbase is just about justified - due to the fact that thousands of them sing vile shit en masse, loud, proud and clear as crystal - come out smelling of roses with nothing other than a few unrelated charges.

I'm not denying that we have our cunt element. But that minority cunt element is being allowed to define us, whereas their cunt element is (seemingly) much bigger but is brushed under the carpet for them. We have to do something about this.

I fully expect us to release a statement and apologies for all the hurt caused to Utd and their fans and the wider football family..... 

Just ban away fans from these fixtures for at least a couple of years. As I said last week, if opposition fans aren't around to be goaded by these chants (and goading to get a reaction is primarily what these chants are about in my opinion), you'll probably get fewer chants like this. And you won't get skirmishes between fans at the stadiums.

The problem is, it could increase the possibility of fans arranging to meet up for a brawl elsewhere. It happened in Holland in the late 90s when Ajax and Feyenoord banned away fans from those fixtures.

Ajax and Feyenoord are currently at the point where even the youth teams do not allow opposition fans. This is after concrete being dropped from bridges, explosives on a train and of course the Battle Of Beverwijk where a fan died.

We should ban them before it gets to that.

Liverpool FC vow to address crowd issues with UEFA after Manchester United disturbances

Liverpool FC have vowed to “address the issues with UEFA” after being hit with five charges following disturbances during their Europa League clash with Manchester United.

The governing body opened disciplinary proceedings against both clubs on Friday morning and the case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on May 19.

A Liverpool FC spokesperson said: “We take these matters seriously and can confirm that we have received a letter from UEFA relating to infringements at last night’s match which we will be reviewing.

“We will address the issues with UEFA and Manchester United and make any relevant representation as part of the process.”

Liverpool have been hit with five charges, with all but the late kick-off offence relating to their supporters.

The setting off of fireworks in the away end has landed a UEFA charge, so too the throwing of objects and more general crowd disturbances.

Liverpool have also been charged with illicit chanting - something United have somehow avoided in both legs, despite vile chants about the Hillsborough disaster clearly being audible.

The Old Trafford club have been charged, like the visitors, with crowd disturbances and throwing objects, in addition to blocked stairways under the European governing body’s safety and security regulations.

Greater Manchester Police arrested five supporters around Thursday’s last-16 tie. Two people were arrested for affray and another for criminal damage, having smashed a minibus window.

The three were detained overnight as was another individual arrested for being drunk and disorderly, while an individual charged with setting off a flare received a caution.

Rival fans were seen fighting in the stands late on in the game, while seats were thrown and flares were lit.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-vow-address-crowd-11064205

I dont want them banned. I want them to endure the pain for the next few years of a Jurgen Klopp inspired team, whilst they struggle from pillar to post trying to get the right man in.

They will embarass themselves in the stands while their team gets a lesson on the pitch.

Win Win for me. Fuck em

• Upvote 2

How the fuck do they get away with non-stop death songs that man woman and child could hear plainly and clearly for most of the match, but then we end up eating shit over something that wasn't audible on tv in the 2nd game?  

• Upvote 1