You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you think?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I strongly agree
    • I strongly disagree
    • I agree
    • I disagree
    • I am unsure.

Did this actually happen? Anyone at the game hear them because you certainly couldn't on the telly.

The article states that this was in a recent game at Old Trafford, not Thursday's Europa tie.

Hand on heart, I distinctly remember it happening. It was the "Munich.....Munich.....Munich" chant. Not that it excuses it, but it was once, for about 5-10 seconds after several renditions of provocative chanting by them. Plus, we were getting hammered at the time. Sadly, some of our fans bit.

What a load of bollocks. 'Manchester United can fuck right off' would be a much better idea for a banner.Our support should go there on Thursday and support the team, never mind any of this other shite.

Yep. Fuck going from hatred to a love in with them. Nobody wants that. They're a shower of cunts. We just want them to be human cunts rather than sub-human cunts. Plus, such a love in will never happen.

Why not just all form a circle round the Fergie statue and jerk each other off?

Nah, you're alright. Fuck that!

They do the Munich gesture at you to try and goad you into doing it. They don't watch any of the game the cunts.

Like I said earlier in the thread I was right next to them in the Main stand and I can hand on heart say I didn't hear the word Munich or see one Aeroplane gesture from our fans, but there were two cunts in their end right by us doing it all game.

2012 and the same bullshit statement with the caveat of "Munich chants" from Liverpool fans.

And it's always a "small minority" that would mean a few hundred but it's always more like thousands.

MUST can go fuck themselves as well.

Yep, "Jordan stated that in all his time playing for Manchester utd he never heard Liverpool fans chanting about Munich"

As was pointed out early on, reference to Heysel is missing and the mancs would certainly use that. Im sorry but while the idea has merits, realistically, the banner could only be held up before the game and at half time.

I really dont get the justice for all in connection with the banner. Munich wasnt down to officialdom nor was there a whitewash of the investigation.

How many fans will be in their gaff on Thursday, 75000? Does anyone seriously expect 65000 or even 70000 to drown out the 5000 or so who'll sing their shite? And even if they did, it still means 5000 cunts still sang it and will sing it again in the next game when we arent the oppos.

I watched sunday supplement this morning to see if they mentioned this shite and guess what, not a mention. Must be because the game was on BT and not sky. So that just illustrates the fact that tv companies are only bothered about the games they transmit rather than issues like this which transend what fucking tv channel the game and vileness happens to be on.

• Upvote 1

Coming back to the o/p I think we should announce a ban along with some joint initiative from the two clubs to stamp it out, If not a total ban then start with halving the allocation and restricted to bonafide Utd season ticket holders.

We seem to have the same debate every time and nothing gets done, There is no place for this disgusting behavior when there is a relatively easy solution   

Coming back to the o/p I think we should announce a ban along with some joint initiative from the two clubs to stamp it out, If not a total ban then start with halving the allocation and restricted to bonafide Utd season ticket holders.

We seem to have the same debate every time and nothing gets done, There is no place for this disgusting behavior when there is a relatively easy solution   

The solution is to ban them and give the ARE away section for this game to more Liverpool fans. I dont know how we could enforce a ban at their gaff if they didnt reciprocate. Maybe we could take the tickets, not put them on sale then return them to them after kick off time?

Im fucking sick of hearing their chants then hearing we supposedly chanted about munich when we didnt.

Most of us know that they're just pathetic, trolling dickheads.

Remember that they're Man United and they'll do what they want. Because of that inherit arrogance and because their chants have been reported in the press, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if their vile chants got another outing, loud and proud, in their game against West Ham later today.

All in the name of defiance, of course. Nothing to do with being a bunch of cunts.

• Upvote 2

Most of us know that they're just pathetic, trolling dickheads.

Remember that they're Man United and they'll do what they want. Because of that inherit arrogance and because their chants have been reported in the press, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if their vile chants got another outing, loud and proud, in their game against West Ham later today.

All in the name of defiance, of course. Nothing to do with being a bunch of cunts.

They'll probably blame the West Ham fans for making Aeroplane gestures provoking them into doing it for ninety minutes.

Well, I thought the banner was a step in the right direction anyway.

Our support should turn up at Old Trafford, support the team for 90 minutes and then get out of there as quickly and safely as possible.

Let everybody else worry about their shitty songs and fuck pandering to the cunts, the only justice they need is their stadium levelled and their club going out of business.

• Upvote 3

Our support should turn up at Old Trafford, support the team for 90 minutes and then get out of there as quickly and safely as possible.

Let everybody else worry about their shitty songs and fuck pandering to the cunts, the only justice they need is their stadium levelled and their club going out of business.

But they won't, Some will rise to the bait and the whole thing perpetuates.

Time for a ban on away supporters for a season and put down a clear marker that it wont be tolerated other wise we will be having the same conversation next season as we did lats season , 

• Upvote 1

So UEFA have decided there was nothing offensive about the United fans chants, yet you can be certain that any small example of such behaviour from Liverpool fans on Thursday will not go unnoticed by them. These are the cunts who felt it right to fine Man City because their fans were booing during the Champions League anthem!

"We're Man United, we'll sing what we want"

This will be the first song out followed by Murderers and Always the Victim because "they're about Heysel, not Hillsborough" which makes it ok.  Press praising their fans for keeping it only about disaster overseas not on British soil.

The suddenly one lone, pissed scouser does an Airplane gesture with their arms.  Suddenly, bravely and with a heavy Heart 50,000 united fans are forced to sing "the s*n was right SECOND LINE DELETED FROM REPORT" highlighting the hypocrisy and heavy handedness the press has dealt with them. 

They're so noble. 

• Upvote 1