You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you think?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I strongly agree
    • I strongly disagree
    • I agree
    • I disagree
    • I am unsure.

Nope. If you could link me to one of my comments where I've even suggested anything slight like this then I'll be more than happy to continue this discussion.

I'm not defending United. They're cunts. Scummy vile one's at that. But one or two Liverpool fans acted poorly too. Sadly, that gives that shower the chance to over egg the pudding and spin their own narrative to try and justify their shocking behaviour.

I didn't mean that, mate. I was referring to the Mancs trying to justify it.

There were inevitably some dickheads doing it back. They're just as bad as the mancs and if they were caught on camera then string them up next to them for all I care

What sickens me is that on BT sport it was audible. Clearly audible and wasn't dealt with. Macca could be mentioned it but didn't. I would've loved him to ask wee Scholesy and Rio about it but he didn't. The commentators could've mentioned it. How many services did Owen sit through at Anfield head bowed? Fucking cowards the pair of them.

There was no ambiguity. No defence that it wasn't about Hillsborough. Clear evidence through audio and at the end a hastily cut shot showed a bunch of their fans singing it.

It'll be down to the SOS to raise it but I'd love the club to show balls and put a complaint in officially to United and to UEFA.

Be interesting next week when 50k are doing it. Can they continue to say "some" or "a minority" then?

ask Cole pallister and irwin they were in there as mUN envoys or something.

why were they in there by the way? to watch the game or monitor what was going on against united fans?

There's a mealy-mouthed reference to it in the Guardian match report, but not particularly critical and it's buried in a paragraph about their rank performance on the pitch. It's not enough.

In Daniel Taylor's match report per chance? Stone the crows.

• Upvote 2

Every team has dickheads blah blah blah. These cunts should have been banned years ago, stop our fans going there too, best thing. They like Everton chant that shit even when they're not playing us for fuck sake. And to be honest for Evertonians to be singing it as we know is beyond belief.

How many Blues lost family and friends at Hillsborough, quite a few I know.

Maybe as I'm getting older I can see clearer, rivalry is one thing but this sub human behaviour from fans of all teams sums up the mentality. It's a game and any soft cunt taking it too seriously or putting it before family needs a serious head wobbling.

" Scouser Tommy gets injured at Verdun and is stuck in a mortar hole. Captain Slackbladder sends out Corporal Cockney and Private Manc to rescue him. On seeing them Tommy says fuck off you rent boy and you Manc cunt, leave me to die. They call him a bin dipper and fuck off back to the trench "

• Upvote 1

Im sorry but prentice is a cunt. He tweeted one comment about 'that' chant. Just the one then eh and shaking of heads in the press box/ how come there's virtually no comment in any match report or associated report about last night/

There were so called heavyweights (in more ways than one) in the media at Anfield last night. Any mention on tv commentary? Nope. Any mention from the match pundits? Nope. Any mention in the match reports? Nope.

I replied to prentice about actually doing something to report it. What did he do? Shook his head in the press box apparently. Whoopee doo.

This bbc reporter is in fucking denial! 4 or 5 chants? Is she fucking deaf?

"There were chants during the first half - 'the Sun was right', referring to the Hillsborough tragedy," said BBC Sport's Juliette Ferrington, who was at Anfield.

"It wasn't continuous but it was clearly audible, maybe four or five times. It kind of got drowned out. The noise at the game was deafening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35783235

Oh, and they didnt chant it at all during the 2nd half. I must have been hearing a different game in my head then.

Anyone in the ground seen any inflatable aeroplanes last night? Ive seen several manc fans saying there were and using this to convince other people we're as bad as them!

Wasnt at the game last night but I cant ever recall seeing an inflatable plane in Anfield when we play them since the 80's.

Anyone in the ground seen any inflatable aeroplanes last night? Ive seen several manc fans saying there were and using this to convince other people we're as bad as them!

Wasnt at the game last night but I cant ever recall seeing an inflatable plane in Anfield when we play them since the 80's.

There's a YouTube video (allegedly)

of our fans doing the rounds. It's Munich chants and an inflatable plane being hand volleyed amongst the crowd. Dodgy behaviour, but it's years old and isn't from last night.

https://youtu.be/djL5ydEfagE

So the media are finally reporting the chants at yesterdays game by the manc cunts but when you read it there is always a reference to Liverpool fans singing about Munich. Can someone let me know when there were 3,000 fans singing about Munich nonstop, as far as I know it has never happened in recent history. Maybe in the 80’s.

I wish they would just report on the facts that the Mancs sing about Hillsborough at most of their home games and EVERY away game. It’s like the media have finally picked up on this and it’s a new phenomenon. Where was the disgust when the ref had to blow up 30 odd seconds of the minutes silence at Wembley a few years ag against Chelsea…? I know for sure that if it was vice versa the media would have been all over it. Cunts… The media and the mancs.  

• Upvote 1

Liverpool v Man Utd: Hillsborough chants 'dreadful' - Ray Houghton

Manchester United fans' chants regarding the Hillsborough disaster were "dreadful", says former Liverpool midfielder Ray Houghton.

Offensive songs were heard during Liverpool's 2-0 win at Anfield in the Europa League last 16 first leg.

Ninety-six Liverpool fans died as a result of a crush at Hillsborough in an FA Cup semi-final between the Reds and Nottingham Forest in 1989.

"It has to come out of our game," Houghton told BBC Radio 5 live.

"There were people in the crowd who lost loved ones at Hillsborough and that's really hard to take.

"It's something we don't want to hear. It's happened in the past with Liverpool fans to Manchester United with what happened at Munich. It's uncalled for."

In February 1958 eight United players and three club officials lost their lives in a plane crash in Munich following a European Cup tie.

"When you lower yourself to that level [of those fans], it's quite remarkable," added Houghton.

"It should have been a night of celebration - they haven't played each other in a European tie before. The fans should have been getting behind their own team. When you stoop as low as they did last night, for me, it's dreadful."

A story in the Sun newspaper four days after the Hillsborough disaster criticised Liverpool fans' behaviour at the time. The newspaper is still heavily boycotted in Merseyside as a result.

"There were chants during the first half - 'the Sun was right', referring to the Hillsborough tragedy," said BBC Sport's Juliette Ferrington, who was at Anfield.

"It wasn't continuous but it was clearly audible, maybe four or five times. It kind of got drowned out. The noise at the game was deafening.

"It happened again just after the full-time whistle - it was drowned out by: 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and 'we won it five times' (a reference to Liverpool's five European Cup triumphs). There was lots of saddened head-shaking in the press-box."

Former United striker Dion Dublin told BBC Radio Manchester the songs were "disgusting".

"It leaves a bad taste in your mouth," he said. "It's not in good taste, and the people that were actually singing it should feel embarrassed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35783235

Uefa awaits report before any action on Manchester United fans’ alleged chants

Uefa is waiting for a report from the Europa League match at Anfield between Liverpool and Manchester United, before deciding whether or not to take any disciplinary action against the Old Trafford club for alleged chants about the Hillsborough disaster by a section of their supporters.

Stan Collymore led criticism of the songs reportedly heard during United’s 2-0 defeat on Thursday. Chants about both the 1989 Hillsborough disaster by United fans and the 1958 Munich air crash from Liverpool fans have marred some matches between the two clubs for many years and have been consistently met with widespread condemnation.

“Those songs speak only for the people singing them,” Collymore tweeted. “Anyone singing about either tragedy associated to either club doesn’t represent majority of fans or clubs themselves. Simple ... Tonight’s songs are grossly unpleasant.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/11/uefa-manchester-united-liverpool-europa-league