You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Classic Video Games You Miss

FrenchEyeGlass

I miss arcades, on holidays playing games like this while your mum and dad get pissed, thats why I miss them, theyd be useful today

[YOUTUBE]4P6kAeQ_m1Q[/YOUTUBE]

campsite up by Southport where my nan had a caravan had a good one, had this, Daley thompsons decathlon, loads more and always a fancy Sega car game which where always really dear to go on.

and computer shops, used to love Images on Walton Vale and there was a good one in st Johns centre upstairs near the fountain.

I had Punch Out for the NES on the rip the other week. Never managed to beat Mr Dream, far too hard.

Great game, I never beat him either.

[YOUTUBE]gjLkctBzgRo[/YOUTUBE]

More of a computer platform game, but I adored Sensible Soccer and especially the Sensible World Of Soccer title (SWOS), but it had to be the Amiga version as my Zipstick was the best joystick I've ever owned.

Moving between countries at a whim and finding gems to take from some unknown country you've managed in before and turned them into a superstar in Italy or Spain.

I would buy an Amiga now just to play that game again with the Zipstick.

I have a PC version of SWOS, I don't think is that big I can try and send it to you it via email.

Dead easy to set up as well and has a few edited databases up to 2008 I think.

I have a PC version of SWOS, I don't think is that big I can try and send it to you it via email.

Dead easy to set up as well and has a few edited databases up to 2008 I think.

You can download the game from these guys.

They have also updated all the teams with the current players:

SWOS Update 2012-13

I can't get it to work, but it seems everyone on that forum can, so I must be doing something wrong.

I used to work in the Megabowl, but don't you mean Netherton as it was the Superbowl in Aintree.

yeah thats right the one thats still there now in Netherton, I remember the superbowl where pets place is now, had a quazar and a lever thing for launching bowling balls for kids who couldnt throw them, my sister put a ball in wrong, pulled the lever and it jumped out and landed on her foot. I think she had sandalls on too as they had no shoes her size, always remember laughing my head off.

The Megabowl was shit compared to the Superbowl. It has now been confirmed noting Skidders worked there and was prone to sniffing the bowling shoes. The vagrant.

PS send me the file sweetcheeks.

I used to work behind the machines. Used to just open the fire doors and got stoned all shift. Easiest £5 an hour I ever made.

To be fair it was booming when I worked there 10 years ago. Went down the shitter about two years after I left. Good foresight I had I them days.

Will do mate.

Outrun - was awesome, used to be in the arcade loads playing it.

Road rage - cant believe thats not been mentioned.

Desert Storm

Paperboy

Hyper sports - Legendary game.

Jet Pac - Basic but brilliant build a rocket.

Sensible soccer - "Sense" beat nearly ever other game of f*****ll hands dow.

Seem to remember Castle Computers being my source of games out of the computer mags. good times,

Jet Strike mate, and it was awesome!

thanks very much been bugging me, loved that game..

[YOUTUBE]L78kR2qOoWI[/YOUTUBE]

I remember I had this on a Commodore 64 I had passed down to me and would still play on it even when I had newer games..

[YOUTUBE]hzO-SPyd6q0[/YOUTUBE]

some more Amiga games, great when you could get copies for £1 each.

zool.

[YOUTUBE]2CYwdtqHGeM[/YOUTUBE]

James Pond Robocod, I couldnt get into this but my mate loved it.

[YOUTUBE]edDHDZl7dOY[/YOUTUBE]

Lemmings, anyone elses dad addicted to this?

[YOUTUBE]PV1ivJcmtrw[/YOUTUBE]

Micro Machines

[YOUTUBE]4PYxXYlWLSA[/YOUTUBE]

Desert strike and Jungle strike.

[YOUTUBE]v52UDQEfGxI[/YOUTUBE]

Goldenaxe.

[YOUTUBE]jSYq_Lefm_M[/YOUTUBE]

Hugo

[YOUTUBE]_rQOLXpBsHw[/YOUTUBE]

Congratulations Mike D, you appear to have had my childhood.

Videogame music was way better back then, someone's already posted Lotus Turbo Challenge II but anyone else hear these and get all nostalgic:

[YOUTUBE]x3KfXlJ3eGk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]IGzS1k_0EhM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9yAGv-SkQMo[/YOUTUBE]

The Lethal Weapon Amiga soundtrack is my second favourite game soundtrack OF ALL TIME (after Spyro).

my absolute favourite tho, where the first 3 super Mario and first 3 Sonic the Hedgehog. just loved how they where fast and loved platformers. used to try and get through them as fast I could and would make mad dives over things rather than wait and my mate would always kick off on me for doing stupid things.

I used to practice to see how fast I could get through the first level on sonic 2, could do it in something like 21 seconds, I remember a kid went on Gamesworld and could do it but a second or 2 slower.

in 1993 when I was 9 we went to the New Brighton summer fair.

Nintendo had a tent there with all the new games in, I can remember playing Mario Kart.

Sega had a bus, downstairs you could play Road rage, upstairs they had a competition. about 20 consoles, all sonic 2, see how many points you could get in 5 minutes.

I knew if you did the levels in something like 30 odd seconds you got something high like 50000 points so went for it.

at the end I was on level 3, had a score of 103800 with 12 lives and remember all the people from Sega coming round saying they'd never seen a score anywhere that high even by themselves and so I was buzzin.

won a goody bag, certificate which ive still got somewhere and a t-shirt but they only had xxl left!

my dad took a video of it, havent got one of those wires to connect the video camera to the pc so quality is crap, have had to film the telly with my phone for now, but I always remember that day.

dont really play on games these days, last thing I had was a ps2. played on the new Mario's on the wii which I like.

[YOUTUBE]PzwBLE2HH58[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Mike D

That's boss. I'm 26 and was lucky growing up because my da was bang into his computer games so I inherited an Amiga and we always had a shit hot gaming PC but the Mega Drive was my true love, I even had the Sega Channel (to this day I've never met a single person who had that). Speaking of the Sonics, I never realised - until his death - that Michael Jackson composed the music for Sonic 3. I remember I used to play through to Ice Cap Zone and just leave it playing in the background on a loop because I loved that track (way back in 2000 when I first downloaded Radiohead's Idioteque from Napster my initial reaction wasn't "wow, what an amazing track" but "hey, that's Sonic 3!").

Props to the paedo, this is an incredible piece of music:

[YOUTUBE]hYxlqTpZ-24[/YOUTUBE]

I stopped 'hardcore gaming' myself from about 17 until only a couple of years ago and have to admit the current gen has been a bag of shite.