You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Classic Video Games You Miss

FrenchEyeGlass

Just bought a chipped PS2 for £10 at the local car boot with around 40 games. Had a little play on it this morning and started making me think about all of the classic games I spent hours on that have been consigned to history.

Particularly, does anybody remember this beaut?

[YOUTUBE]00-PpfqU_Ew[/YOUTUBE]

Poor quality video (the other on YT seemed to be the PS1 version) but the memories are clear as ever. I still think its the most enjoyable football game i've ever played. I look at the crock of shite pro evo's served up on the new generation and dispair!

And now for my favourite ever game and easily the best game in history

[YOUTUBE]akDQhp3lOBc[/YOUTUBE]

I fucking love the DKC titles. It saddens me that we'll probably never see this level of creativity in gaming again.

Anybody got any other classic video games they miss?

More of a computer platform game, but I adored Sensible Soccer and especially the Sensible World Of Soccer title (SWOS), but it had to be the Amiga version as my Zipstick was the best joystick I've ever owned.

Moving between countries at a whim and finding gems to take from some unknown country you've managed in before and turned them into a superstar in Italy or Spain.

I would buy an Amiga now just to play that game again with the Zipstick.

• Upvote 1

Most classic games are now available courtesy of emulators.

I recently downloaded over 65 gigs worth of Arcade classics (found I'm still shit at Kung Fu Master).

Practically all the Amiga games are available if you look on the internet, same with C64, Speccy etc.

Most classic games are now available courtesy of emulators.

I recently downloaded over 65 gigs worth of Arcade classics (found I'm still shit at Kung Fu Master).

Practically all the Amiga games are available if you look on the internet, same with C64, Speccy etc.

Exactly. Over the years my PSP has been home to all the NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy (Advance), Mega Drive and PS1 classics I could ever want.

I stick to the PC when emulating my childhood Amiga 600 favourites though: The Chaos Engine, Lemmings 2, Lethal Weapon, The Humans, Superfrog, Syndicate etc. all deserve the keyboard and mouse treatment.

I'm a technical retard I can't get my head around emulators shame really as I really want to play wings.

Beat flight combat game ever! One of the guys at my first job would bring his amiga up to the office and we'd play that all day when the boss was out of town.

More of a computer platform game, but I adored Sensible Soccer and especially the Sensible World Of Soccer title (SWOS), but it had to be the Amiga version as my Zipstick was the best joystick I've ever owned.

Moving between countries at a whim and finding gems to take from some unknown country you've managed in before and turned them into a superstar in Italy or Spain.

I would buy an Amiga now just to play that game again with the Zipstick.

This. Fucking loved SWOS.

The New Zealand Story was boss.

Lemming, everybody loved that.

I got bought two games that a lot of people never heard of or played. Some of you guys probably will have though.

Did anyone play midnight resistance or gods? Two of the best games I've ever played in the twenty three years of gaming.

Add Cannon Fodder on the Amiga.

I used to love 'The Boss'' date=' 'Tracksuit manager' on the Spectrum 64k and also 'On the Bench'- all Footy management games.

Kick Off 2 on the Amiga as well.[/quote']

Gerron to you with your 64k. Who do you think you are rolling up here with that kind of power? You make me sick! Anyway, the Speccy 48k was where it was at.

Oh and New Zealand story for the Amiga was boss. As was Zool.

Good call Alien Breed was great.

Anyone remember the Chaos Engine on Amiga too? The Bitmap Brothers some other quality games, as well as the Chaos Engine, Xenon and the two Speedball games. I have the Speedball 2 port for the PS3, it's good but doesn't seem quite as frantic and high paced as the original.

There's loads of old games I still love could go on for hours.

Edit: The Bomberman franchise on Amiga as well. Four way multiplayer, massively frustrating but great fun in a dead simple idea. Also have the PS3 version of that but it doesn't get much online play unfortunately.