You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Luis Suarez - intentionally diabolical"

dave u

If he was happy to play a bit role which would preserve his ageing body I think it would work.  A great option to have and could fill in anywhere up front. He's 33 now though and has suffered a few injuries lately.  Head says no but heart says sign the toothy little scamp up straight away. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Can't agree with the bold part at all, the club/Klopp will be much more likely to spend big money on a long term option than something like this. We'll sign someone like Sarr off Watford and it's a much better bet than this. 

As feg said, can you let klopp & Edwards know. Klopp has said we're not in for those signings and we let Werner go for exactly those reasons. I think the most likely option is we stick with origi. 

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

As feg said, can you let klopp & Edwards know. Klopp has said we're not in for those signings and we let Werner go for exactly those reasons. I think the most likely option is we stick with origi. 

If I was putting money on it I would say we'll buy Sarr. What we said in June doesn't necessarily apply now. We said we werent buying anyone then yet we've already signed the Greek fella.

2 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

If I was putting money on it I would say we'll buy Sarr. What we said in June doesn't necessarily apply now. We said we werent buying anyone then yet we've already signed the Greek fella.

Another African up front might not be a good idea when AFCON rolls around mid season at some point.

7 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

We just spent the lovren money, one in one out and lovren will have had no value on the books, so as a p&l transaction we've increased profits by doing that deal. 

That Barcelona first leg was the day our team grew up.  We turned up to that game knowing we were the better team and thinking let’s just go toe to toe with each other.  Good old respectful Barca are the antithesis of Real Madrid and if they outplay us then fairs fair.  It didn’t even seem to enter our players heads what was about to happen.  They probably thought everyone would be swapping shirts at half time as we just swatted them along.  What we got was up there with biggest shithouse performance I’ve ever witnessed.  It’s funny how quickly people forget these things.

Robertson or any of our players for the matter weren’t at anyone’s throats and they had players diving, trying to injure us and going at the ref like a full team of Roy Keane’s.  There’s time’s when players do these things on all teams and even sometimes all at once but that game was unbelievable.  They knew they didn’t stand a chance and it was clearly their whole gameplan.   Suarez and Messi were at the forefront of it all.  The second leg we took no prisoners and rightfully rubbed every last second of it in their faces.  Gang of absolute fucking cunts.  If you want Suarez back at this club and all the risk that comes with it you are mad.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

You're completely lost

You are talking shite here and I'm not even arsed about Suarez personally. You just don't ever seem to admit you are wrong and continue to double down on your wrongness. We wont be getting Suarez but he's still a handful in a team thats in tatters. Barca should be fucking Messi off,keeping Suarez and blooding youngsters but the 'Galactico' bullshit still reigns supreme.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You are talking shite here and I'm not even arsed about Suarez personally. You just don't ever seem to admit you are wrong and continue to double down on your wrongness. We wont be getting Suarez but he's still a handful in a team thats in tatters. Barca should be fucking Messi off,keeping Suarez and blooding youngsters but the 'Galactico' bullshit still reigns supreme.

I'm not wrong, Suarez has been shit in Europe in the past few years. He has an almost 1 in 4 record in the past 4 seasons in Europe. For a player of his pedigree, that is flat out bad and frankly I don't know why this is the issue you've decided to call me out on. 

He's old, he's a cunt, I don't want him. Plenty of people share that opinion and others oppose it, whatever. I just don't understand the other side on this one. And Messi is still levels above Suarez and always has been. I mean, saying I'm wrong and then you say that? Fucking hell. 

It's mad that so many want him back. We put up with him before because he was in his prime and undoubtedly the best striker in the world at the time. He was a twat back then but his goals and performances compensated for his behaviour and the negative publicity. He is now way past his best and even a bigger cunt than he was before. There is no way FSG would entertain the idea of buying him and I'd be amazed if Klopp was interested either. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm not wrong, Suarez has been shit in Europe in the past few years. He has an almost 1 in 4 record in the past 4 seasons in Europe. For a player of his pedigree, that is flat out bad and frankly I don't know why this is the issue you've decided to call me out on. 

He's old, he's a cunt, I don't want him. Plenty of people share that opinion and others oppose it, whatever. I just don't understand the other side on this one. And Messi is still levels above Suarez and always has been. I mean, saying I'm wrong and then you say that? Fucking hell. 

Suarez is still a class player and anybody who cant see that is either stupid or simply wants to win the internet. I think you are the latter. Messi is still class too but if Barca want to sort themselves out,I couldnt care less,then dealing with life without Messi needs to happen sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

It pisses me off a bit that some reds think Suarez is the best Liverpool player of all time. It’s Kenny Dalglish, and by some distance.

Yea but for anyone my age, you've seen Gerrard & Suarez and a few from the current side pushing themselves into the frame. 

No one else from the 90s on come close. 

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

It pisses me off a bit that some reds think Suarez is the best Liverpool player of all time. It’s Kenny Dalglish, and by some distance.

I have to be honest I one of them and I am an oldie (ie seen them in flesh). Maybe I would put it another way KD is the best LFC player of all time but that toe rag is the most outrageously talented shit to ever pull on a LFC jersey. I can be fairly balanced and would have said up to him coming to us CRonaldo was the most talented I had seen but Suarez was better . However the King was the best player (and person) who has ever played for us. It's all about opinions up until he came I would have said Molby/Barnes were the most talented I had seen. 

• Like 1