You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Luis Suarez - intentionally diabolical"

dave u

14 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Reports are that Barca have released him I believe. That would mean they have come to terms on his last year of contract.

So there is no salary to top up and certainly no legal challenge.

Not what I have seen . His clause that allowed him to leave in June on  a free has expired and his claim that that should be extended due to the season being extended won’t wash but you could be right . Personally I don’t give much of fuck even if ends up at Citeh . Get Thiago signed and Messi can blow smoke up his arse. 

14 hours ago, johnsusername said:

He'll want a last massive pay day. A few million in the bank. If you think where he came from, a very poor background, I reckon he'll want to set his family up for years and this will be his last chance. IMO.

He's fucking loaded. His wife's family are loaded. Personally I think he make his choice for lifestyle or footballing reasons. I think money will be secondary to one or both of those things. 

14 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Not what I have seen . His clause that allowed him to leave in June on  a free has expired and his claim that that should be extended due to the season being extended won’t wash but you could be right . Personally I don’t give much of fuck even if ends up at Citeh . Get Thiago signed and Messi can blow smoke up his arse. 

We are talking about Suarez here

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

He's fucking loaded. His wife's family are loaded. Personally I think he make his choice for lifestyle or footballing reasons. I think money will be secondary to one or both of those things. 

Yeah, I dunno. Players (or most rich people in general) don’t seem to think along those lines.

They get in the bubble and can’t help but compare themselves to other players they think they are better than. 

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah, I dunno. Players (or most rich people in general) don’t seem to think along those lines.

They get in the bubble and can’t help but compare themselves to other players they think they are better than. 

I think you're right, most are. He's seemed pretty motivated by his wife for his entire career. And he loves winning. I sense his next destination will be dictated by his wife. I wouldn't even be shocked to see him pick somewhere as close as possible to Barcelona. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

That’s my boy. Brilliant.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Hahaha he doesn't give a fuck does he 

Barcelona have agreed to let striker Luis Suarez join La Liga rivals Atletico Madrid.

Suarez is not wanted at Barca and the Catalans were happy to release him for free, providing he did not join certain other top club.

Barcelona chairman Josep Maria Bartomeu then blocked the deal because he did not wish to sell to a Spanish rival.

But, after meeting with Suarez's representatives, the Catalan club have backed down, with the striker threatening to air his grievances to the media.

Atletico will have to pay a nominal fee of no more than 4m euros for the 33-year-old, which will be based on variables such as Champions League qualification.

Suarez will earn half of the 30m euros a year he was on at Barca at Atletico.

Karma for Barcelona!!