You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Luis Suarez - intentionally diabolical"

dave u

44 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The bit where you literally said bringing back Suarez would be prime Ferguson.

You’ve now listed two examples from the back end of his career which definitely wasn’t his prime for a start.  The first one being Van Persie who was the leagues top scorer the year before, had only just turned 29 and they were paying over the odds for him even though he only had a year left on his contract.  He was coming in as a guaranteed starter.  After his first season he then went on to be absolute shite and is part of the reason they’re in the state they are now. Your second is Scholes who come back in 2011-12 and didn’t win the league.  He carried on in the second season and the two times he played 90 minutes in the league they got beat in both.  He since gone on to say it was a massive regret for him and he should never have come back because he admits he was crap.

Oh and they didn’t “win the league both times” because it was the same season you fucking plank.

Yes, the general notion of bringing in a player who is evidently still putting up massive goal-contribution numbers in the last year of his contract for a short term benefit is prime Ferguson, just as you fucking laid out in your paragraph about Van Persie, you absolute fucking mong.

Of course there is no absolute equivalence because Luis Suarez never played for Man Utd and Ferguson never managed Liverpool, you thick fuck.

• Downvote 1

Apparently Suarez is a shitbag. I struggle to understand why. Is it because he took the opportunity to follow his dream and sign for Barca? Is it because he was flirting with Arsenal the year before? Is it because people think he’s a racist after the Evra incident? Is it his stupid habit of biting people? Is it things he’s said about us after he left? I really don’t know. Nothing of the above is even close to be labeled a “shitbag” IMO.

So I want him back then? Not sure about that. There are other things to consider.

Is he still the hard working genius player he was when he left us?  Would he accept to be paid at the same level as our current front 3?

If he’s anywhere near the level he was when he left us, I’d bite my hand off to get him back, or better yet let Luis himself bite it off. I haven’t seen enough of him lately to know though. And he’d had to accept our wage policy. We don’t want our other stars to sulk about wages do we?

In my opinion the Luis Suarez from the 13-14 season is the best player we ever had. Of course I’d want to see that again. But it may be too late for that.

41 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Yes, the general notion of bringing in a player who is evidently still putting up massive goal-contribution numbers in the last year of his contract for a short term benefit is prime Ferguson, just as you fucking laid out in your paragraph about Van Persie, you absolute fucking mong.

Of course there is no absolute equivalence because Luis Suarez never played for Man Utd and Ferguson never managed Liverpool, you thick fuck.

Okay just so we are all on the same page you want Liverpool to sign a nearly 34 year old Suarez who basically just scores now against relegation fodder in the Spanish league, is a known gobshite who’s never had to be a squad player in his career and who won’t come cheap because 8 years ago a completely different manager for a completely different club signed the premier leagues top scorer who had just turned 29 and would be starting every game for them.

Go and read back some of the utter drivel you were posting a few years ago about our manager and transfer decisions which ultimately won us the league and champions league you fucking clown.  If we had a muppet like you in charge we’d probably have Harry Maguire playing for us doing his best impression of the QE2 and Gotze on the subs bench eating chippies.

He's 33 and Barcelona are paying him nearly £25m a season - I think our top earner is Salah on something like £12m a season. He's not coming here unless he reduces his salary by 85%, which he's not going to do to sit on our bench. Or unless he magically de-ages by around 10 years.

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

He's 33 and Barcelona are paying him nearly £25m a season - I think our top earner is Salah on something like £12m a season. He's not coming here unless he reduces his salary by 85%, which he's not going to do to sit on our bench. Or unless he magically de-ages by around 10 years.

Yes but prime Ferguson brought Scholes out of retirement.

4 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Love to see him at Milan if not us. Always liked Milan going back to the Gullit and Van Basten days

I hope he doesn't go to the MLS or Qatar or any of the other retirement homes. He's got another two or three years of being an excellent footballer. 

I'd like to see him at a big club like Milan, and Serie A would suit at this stage of his career. I think he's good enough that he could get them back in to the Champions League. 

Just now, Jairzinho said:

I hope he doesn't go to the MLS or Qatar or any of the other retirement homes. He's got another two or three years of being an excellent footballer. 

I'd like to see him at a big club like Milan, and Serie A would suit at this stage of his career. I think he's good enough that he could get them back in to the Champions League. 

Yeah agree with all that mate.

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

Okay just so we are all on the same page you want Liverpool to sign a nearly 34 year old Suarez who basically just scores now against relegation fodder in the Spanish league, is a known gobshite who’s never had to be a squad player in his career and who won’t come cheap because 8 years ago a completely different manager for a completely different club signed the premier leagues top scorer who had just turned 29 and would be starting every game for them.

Go and read back some of the utter drivel you were posting a few years ago about our manager and transfer decisions which ultimately won us the league and champions league you fucking clown.  If we had a muppet like you in charge we’d probably have Harry Maguire playing for us doing his best impression of the QE2 and Gotze on the subs bench eating chippies.

Nah, I wanted us to buy Havert, Sancho or Werner (in that order). If you think I (or anyone) wants us to resort to bringing back Suarez then you're fucking moron. However when you're seemingly the only club in the world that has conspired to be broke as fuck despite winning everything imaginable for the last two years and spending fuck all, it drives people to think of creative (and certainly more risky) solutions. You think I can be arsed with all the Suarez headache? Can I fuck, but I can be even less arsed watching Origi being our deputy when it's obvious he's never going to be good enough.

A 'muppet like me' haha, I needn't go into what I do as a full time job but I can almost guarantee I have far more experience in valuation and strategic execution than you do. Needless to say IDGAF about your personal assessment of me, I posted on this thread to discuss the merits of the transfer for shits and giggles. This is a football forum ffs.

None of what I posted was drivel, some it was certainly reactionary though. I think Klopp is a fucking genius but I've always thought he has been hamstrung by shit owners. I also dont buy into the Michael Edwards love in - watch what happens once Klopp leaves. I always wanted VVD (and was happy for us to wait) but I didn't want us to forego the league title (which we did) and wanted us to buy another CB in addition to VVD. This was before Gomez was established, Matip was injury prone as fuck and Lovren was shite. If you think it was our transfer business that won us the league then I vastly disagree with you - it was Klopp's genius.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Agree too.  Inter would be great for him and I surmise that they would have been interested had they not gone ahead with Sanchez. Now I don't think there's room for him there.

It really depends on whether he wants money or trophies. I don't think he'll get both. If he takes a massive pay cut I think there's loads of suitors for him.

3 hours ago, Manny said:

Where is he going to go then?

20 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Where is he going to go then?

I dunno. Most players seem to reduce their salary demands in lieu of first team action so I could see the Ajax links making sense, but they’d still need a massive reduction though agreed. Or one of the Italian clubs maybe. Barcelona might subsidise his salary if he went to any of those as well - they sure as fuck aren’t doing that for us.

6 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I think Henrik Larsson on loan at 34 is a good example of an ageing player or possibly a 31 year old Teddy Sheringham. If a player is right for the manager then he should and would buy him. Suarez is of that ilk but has more baggage and possible wage issues might also be problematic.

1 hour ago, Manny said:

I dunno. Most players seem to reduce their salary demands in lieu of first team action so I could see the Ajax links making sense, but they’d still need a massive reduction though agreed. Or one of the Italian clubs maybe. Barcelona might subsidise his salary if he went to any of those as well - they sure as fuck aren’t doing that for us.

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Nowhere imo. He won't get his release clause past the clubs legal challenge

Reports are that Barca have released him I believe. That would mean they have come to terms on his last year of contract.

So there is no salary to top up and certainly no legal challenge.