You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Luis Suarez - intentionally diabolical"

dave u

He doesn't run around, that is a prerequisite for Klopp.

Player   CL Minutes Distance Covered 

Bobby    629               78906m

Neymar 585                64833m

Taki        517                67778m

Luis        567                56665m

Bobby ran 22k more than him in just an hour's more playing time. Taki basically ran for an entire game more despite playing half a game less.

There was only 2 forwards with his playing time that ran less and one of those was Messi. Even if he can run he's in the habit of strolling around now.

Suarez may not be wanted by Klopp, but to suggest this should be because his running stats are not like two players whose role is nothing like his and a guy who is a freak in the position spending a lot of time chasing back to the half way line seems odd. 

I imagine most people happy to see him back are not expecting him to replace Bobby, but to give us punch from the bench, give Bobby occasional rest, cover the ANC period and allow the tactical flexibility in the likes of 4231 that Divock fails to do. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Suarez may not be wanted by Klopp, but to suggest this should be because his running stats are not like two players whose role is nothing like his and a guy who is a freak in the position spending a lot of time chasing back to the half way line seems odd. 

I imagine most people happy to see him back are not expecting him to replace Bobby, but to give us punch from the bench, give Bobby occasional rest, cover the ANC period and allow the tactical flexibility in the likes of 4231 that Divock fails to do. 

I'm comparing him to 2 of Klopps players which is fair enough. I threw in Neymar because he's a lazy cunts. I also compared him to every other forward in the CL, that particular comparison is what makes him look really bad.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Bobby ran 22k more than him in just an hour's more playing time. Taki basically ran for an entire game more despite playing half a game less.

There was only 2 forwards with his playing time that ran less and one of those was Messi. Even if he can run he's in the habit of strolling around now.

His body is shot, i've watched loads of Barca games and he hasn't been the same player for a good 2 years now. Bringing him back would be crazy. 

Apart from the incidents, Suarez was a great player here. If we'd had a few more with his attitude, we wouldnt have had to wait 30 years for a league title.

Bringing him back would be like buying back the car you sold because it gave you so much aggro. His legacy is best left as it is.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Apart from the incidents, Suarez was a great player here. If we'd had a few more with his attitude, we wouldnt have had to wait 30 years for a league title.

Bringing him back would be like buying back the car you sold because it gave you so much aggro. His legacy is best left as it is.

Absolutely.  I don't know why people even discuss him coming back when there is zero realistic chance of it happening. Klopp won't want him upsetting the team dynamic and as sure as hell the owners wont want to risk their brand being tarnished .  I know he's behaved himself pretty well at Barca but his reputation will precede him if he ever returned to the PL. He'll be off to China or the States for a last big payday imo.

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

But if someone gave you the car back for nothing, and all you had to pay for was maintenance?

8 minutes ago, Lario said:

But if someone gave you the car back for nothing, and all you had to pay for was maintenance?

Talking just about the car, nah. I couldnt be bothered having to get it repaired again and again never mind thinking when the thing would breakdown again leaving me stranded.

7 hours ago, No2 said:

Perhaps he might run around a bit more for a Klopp team, as you state, it’s a prerequisite for Klopp, where it’s not and hasn’t been at Barca nor Paris. Tactics play a big part in this too. Neymar and Luis are playing for teams where the football is a lot slower and patient. Bad comparison that. 

9 hours ago, clockspeed said:

I have to be honest I one of them and I am an oldie (ie seen them in flesh). Maybe I would put it another way KD is the best LFC player of all time but that toe rag is the most outrageously talented shit to ever pull on a LFC jersey. I can be fairly balanced and would have said up to him coming to us CRonaldo was the most talented I had seen but Suarez was better . However the King was the best player (and person) who has ever played for us. It's all about opinions up until he came I would have said Molby/Barnes were the most talented I had seen. 

I actually think Peter Beardsley was easily as exciting to watch as Suarez was, Barnes more so.

9 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I actually think Peter Beardsley was easily as exciting to watch as Suarez was, Barnes more so.

As I wrote it Beardsley came to mind yip full of trickery probably should have said Beardsley/Barnes but had a soft spot for Jan, someone you could relate to and hero worship cause he wasn't all about athleticism. 

9 hours ago, No2 said:

My view would be if we sign him we don't play him for 90, he gets the last 30 or the 1st 60 and can channel his energy (or perhaps his pain) in to short periods. For me this is not about buying some superstar for years to come, it's patching a gap with top quality due to our reluctance to bring in someone more strategic and younger like Werner. If minamino had set the world alight, or origi offered more, it wouldn't be an issue - but origi has been around long enough for us to see he offers very little and as.much as I want minamino to succeed he looks a lad who doesn't think he should be here to me. 

• Upvote 4

Guest Alex_K
4 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Perhaps he might run around a bit more for a Klopp team, as you state, it’s a prerequisite for Klopp, where it’s not and hasn’t been at Barca nor Paris. Tactics play a big part in this too. Neymar and Luis are playing for teams where the football is a lot slower and patient. Bad comparison that. 

Its not a bad comparison at all - its actually a really insightful one and a far better explanation for why Suarez's side just got thumped 8-2 in 90 minutes than anything else out there, and you thinking its "bad" just reveals your own shortcomings in analysis. If he can't cover the ground then he is useless to the system, and if he's useless to the system then he isn't ever in the reckoning to step on the pitch for us because the system more so than any other factor is what turned us into a nigh-on flawless team over the past 30 months.

Thanks @No2