You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he'd come back , the Daily Mirror treated him ( and the club ) like absolute shit and he had no problem going to work for them , to say no chance he'd come back is quite frankly bullshit.

Does it not surprise you that he went to work for the Mirror after all that? It didn't surprise me because there was money involved.

So much holier-than-thou crap spouted about KK and the way he was treated. He maneuvered himself into the managerial position, first by keeping stum when C&A brought the club to the brink of existence and there wasn't a dickie-bird out of him. Then by conducting a managerial search and deciding he was the man for the job, despite the fact that he hadn't managed a club in 15 years or so.

He did some great things in the past, esp around Hillsbourough, but his star has waned and it's about money now. I wonder how he invested his £8m payoff? Someone said at the time that he put it back into the transfer kitty?!

Does it not surprise you that he went to work for the Mirror after all that? It didn't surprise me because there was money involved.

So much holier-than-thou crap spouted about KK and the way he was treated. He maneuvered himself into the managerial position, first by keeping stum when C&A brought the club to the brink of existence and there wasn't a dickie-bird out of him. Then by conducting a managerial search and deciding he was the man for the job, despite the fact that he hadn't managed a club in 15 years or so.

He did some great things in the past, esp around Hillsbourough, but his star has waned and it's about money now. I wonder how he invested his £8m payoff? Someone said at the time that he put it back into the transfer kitty?!

He's entitled to earn like anyone else.

He has done so much for this club as a player, manager and as you say with Hillsborough - if he can come back in some capacity it would be great.

He's entitled to earn like anyone else.

He has done so much for this club as a player, manager and as you say with Hillsborough - if he can come back in some capacity it would be great.

No problem with him in an ambassadorial role a la Bobby Charlton. He should never have been re-appointed manager though and may have burned bridges with FSG considering he blew millions of their money.

I'm not happy with how he conducted himself while C&A were in control. A simple walk-out or press statement would have been enough to get fans up in arms. He played the political game though, putting himself before the club. I could see it at the time and was royally pissed off with his behaviour.

He's still a legend but a greedy one who put himself before the club in that period.

Of course he'd come back , the Daily Mirror treated him ( and the club ) like absolute shit and he had no problem going to work for them , to say no chance he'd come back is quite frankly bullshit.

Was this 7 months after they'd sacked him from a higher role?

Did his return put unnecessary pressure on the current editor of the Daily Mirror?

No

Stupid comparison, I actually find it patronising that they have offered him a lesser role. Maybe they will hire him, then sack him again after 18 months but then offer him the kit mans job 7 months later.

Kenny Dalglish is the biggest star in this clubs history. FSG's treatment of him is nothing short of disgraceful.

He's still a legend but a greedy one who put himself before the club in that period.

As did Gerrard, Carragher and almost every ex-player who has played for us.

Not many spoke out against Hicks / Gillett - don't see why Dalglish gets singled out for it.

Dalglish is being regarded as a saint by some on here, and as the devil incarnate by others. Of course he is neither; what Kenny is is a pragmatist. I don't think he'd have any issue with working for the club. I don't think he would want to be the manager again. He had a go, it exhausted him, and it didn't work out. You only have to compare interviews at the beginning and near the end of his second term to see the toll it took - he (and Marina) wouldn't want that again.

Kenny doesn't work to a higher set of principles than anyone else - well maybe some- - it's crazy to ascribe some sort of elevated behaviour to him. He has an attachment to the club, but he won't sacrifice himself for it. He'll go where the opportunities are, but it will be on his terms.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Red22 can fuck off. Not got much more to say about it than Stringvest.

Is it tue that Henry refused his hand when they went to get their loser medals at the FA Cup Final? Thats some small time shit that is.

Wouldn't want to work for smoneone like that.

Although maybe Henry thought he it would be two faced to shake his hand one minute and sack him the next.

The answer to the first question doesn't seem to matter. It's a Jamie Kanwar story, hyped up and essentially nonsense.

Edited by Numero Veinticinco

It's absolutely inevitable that that would happen.

If he'd been given one more season and failed again then the vast majority of his supporters, including me, would have accepted that he couldn't cut it in management any more. As it is though, there are a lot of people who feel there's unfinished business there, and I'm sure Kenny himself does as well.

All academic though imo, I don't think there's any chance of him coming back in any capacity while FSG are in charge.

Sometimes unfinished business needs to remain just that.

Love Kenny, but it's a bit circus to have had him as ambassador, then appoint him manager, then sack him, then appoint him ambassador again.

It's the whole Bobby Charlton role isnt it, sit in the main stand and wear a wanky Russian hat and look all legendary and serene. Does Charlton have an executive voice in meetings? I doubt it.

I'm always a bit uncomfortable that we single out one player above all others who contributed to our massive successes. I know Kenny is a slightly different case due to him being manager as well, and being involved in Hillsborough, but I still feel it a bit unneccessary to pat him on the back every time. The man has a hand imprint on his back, a fucking divot, from the "Good man" pats on the back he gets. And that's brilliant, but I dont feel the need to do it now.

Rodgers doesn't need the shadow of Kenny over him, and it'll give the media a story that isn't there, and every time he doesnt win a game there will be mention of Kenny, or they'll ask what their relationship is like, etc. Nah, not yet, for christs sake let Rodgers be.

It feels a bit early but if he wanted to come back in a bit, that would be great. I would just like Brendan to have a bit more time to settle in first.

And what would you consider settling in?

Wasting cash on an expensive loan signing then playing him in a position he's never played in for his entire career?

Or is it spunking cash exclusively on players from his previous clubs due to his (seemingly) complete lack of knowledge about the quality of players outside of the British Isles?

Love Kenny, but it's a bit circus to have had him as ambassador, then appoint him manager, then sack him, then appoint him ambassador again.

It's the whole Bobby Charlton role isnt it, sit in the main stand and wear a wanky Russian hat and look all legendary and serene. Does Charlton have an executive voice in meetings? I doubt it.

I'm always a bit uncomfortable that we single out one player above all others who contributed to our massive successes. I know Kenny is a slightly different case due to him being manager as well, and being involved in Hillsborough, but I still feel it a bit unneccessary to pat him on the back every time. The man has a hand imprint on his back, a fucking divot, from the "Good man" pats on the back he gets. And that's brilliant, but I dont feel the need to do it now.

Rodgers doesn't need the shadow of Kenny over him, and it'll give the media a story that isn't there, and every time he doesnt win a game there will be mention of Kenny, or they'll ask what their relationship is like, etc. Nah, not yet, for christs sake let Rodgers be.

Like millions, I love the King, however in 2013, I think you are spot on with your last paragraph.

This is also in the Telegraph.

Liverpool want legend Kenny Dalglish back at Anfield in role as club ambassador

By Chris Bascombe 11:00PM GMT 09 Jan 2013

Liverpool are preparing to offer Kenny Dalglish another Anfield comeback, lining him up for a return to his role as a club ambassador.

Dalglish filled a similar position prior to being reappointed as manager in the aftermath of Roy Hodgson’s departure in January 2011.

The Scot left the manager’s office last summer after an 18-month spell and at that time wanted a clean break, despite some suggestions that a backroom role would have been found for him at the club.

Publicly there were amicable remarks from all parties when Dalglish left, but since being replaced as manager by Brendan Rodgers, he has returned to Anfield to watch the team just once this season, as a guest of the Hillsborough Family Support Group.

Liverpool are keen for Dalglish to become a familiar face on a match day again. Apart from the obvious affection of the Kop, Dalglish’s presence is considered valuable in other aspects, particularly in the commercial areas of the club.

Liverpool are seeking to attract an increasing number of sponsors, and it always helps to have the most famous player in the club’s history nearby to pose for a photograph with an excitable VIP.

Beyond that, the Liverpool hierarchy has always wanted Dalglish to remain an active part of the club in some capacity.

He first returned to Liverpool after an 18-year break in 2009, taking on the role as a global representative, similar to that of Sir Bobby Charlton for Manchester United.

The possibility of assuming a similar position was hinted at when Dalglish left last summer.

Dalglish said at the time: “I said when first approached about coming back as manager that I would always be of help if I can at any time and that offer remains the same.”

Liverpool’s principal owner, John W Henry, also gave the impression there would be a role back at the club when Dalglish was ready because he is “part of the family”.

“He is in many ways the heart and soul of the club. He personifies everything that is good about Liverpool Football Club,” Henry said last summer. “He has always put the club and its supporters first. Kenny will always be a part of the family at Anfield.”

Liverpool want legend Kenny Dalglish back at Anfield in role as club ambassador - Telegraph

Don't care how many people run with it, still won't happen imo.

And what would you consider settling in?

Wasting cash on an expensive loan signing then playing him in a position he's never played in for his entire career?

Or is it spunking cash exclusively on players from his previous clubs due to his (seemingly) complete lack of knowledge about the quality of players outside of the British Isles?

So I have two options, both bad? I'm going to break rank and go for a third of building a team and getting us playing well.

You can have your two options back, grumpy gift wrapping untouched.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So I have two options, both bad? I'm going to break rank and go for a third of building a team and getting us playing well.

You can have your two options back, grumpy gift wrapping untouched.

Bravo on the tact. I'd have told him he was a cunt. Well done on being a better human than me.

Guest San Don

Like it or not, he'll have the King's shadow over him until he actually produces a team of note.

Yeah it did , cant believe he didn't tell them to fuck right off , i mean why ? hes a multi millionaire and after the hammering he, Suarez and the club took from that rag it was hell of a suprise to see him writing for them.

Cant disagree with any of that , suprise suprise to see the ever frustrated Coro bite , fucking weirdo.