You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NextGen Series:Liverpool v Inter 8/1/13

amli

Ibe isn't allowed go on loan till he's 17

Ibe was 17 in December.

Having said that, I don't think we should send any youngster on loan until they are at least 19 (unless they are going to another Prem team), as I think the coaching at that age is still more important than the playing of proper games for experience.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a good performance by the team yesterday, admittedly against an already-qualified Inter side who never got out of second gear all game. Ibe and McLaughlin in particular were superb. There was one moment I was going to start querying until the commentator pointed it out, and that is that teams are allowed to make 4 substitutions in a game, but can only ask for 3 stoppages in play to do so. Inter had made a double substitution early in the second half, and made a third not long after, and were getting a 4th player ready to come on late in the game. Interesting rule, but gets more players involved which is the main thing.

Alex Inglethorpe has done well since taking over. Lets hope he and his staff are a bit more clued up than last year, where his Spurs side beat us but got disqualified for fielding an ineligible player.

It would be, but they make a fair bit from developing their own youngsters and selling them, so don't think they'd want to take other teams youngsters on a develop them and not be able to get the transfer fee from it.

They do loan players from other Premier League clubs. I know Wenger likes to send players there because of their style of play, even though it's the other end of the country.

I thought it was a good performance by the team yesterday, admittedly against an already-qualified Inter side who never got out of second gear all game. Ibe and McLaughlin in particular were superb. There was one moment I was going to start querying until the commentator pointed it out, and that is that teams are allowed to make 4 substitutions in a game, but can only ask for 3 stoppages in play to do so. Inter had made a double substitution early in the second half, and made a third not long after, and were getting a 4th player ready to come on late in the game. Interesting rule, but gets more players involved which is the main thing.

Alex Inglethorpe has done well since taking over. Lets hope he and his staff are a bit more clued up than last year, where his Spurs side beat us but got disqualified for fielding an ineligible player.

It's 5 subs allowed in no more than 3 stoppages.

How was Yesil?

Saw he scored 2 goals and liked him in the first team as a possible goalscorer.

Is he anywhere near a few appearances or what?

Extended highlights on 101great goals - Yesil looks the business and the rest of the boys look pretty good too.

Yesil is probably a couple of years away from being ready. He's a bit slight and raw. The talent appears to be there though.

Going by his start against West Brom in the League Cup I would agree with all the above.

Was too easily bullied off the ball in that match, though with Olsson&co. it might not have been an ideal team for him to debut against.

Should be great for us in a couple of years, as the skill and predatory instinct is there.

He had a half chance yesterday where Ibe (I think) cut a pass back from the goal line and Yesil with his back to goal and blocked off by a defender, spun round almost 360 and got the shot off but missed.

Type of player who could be quiet in a game, gobble up the chances that came his way and still walk away with a couple of goals.

Did that last night.