You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Piers Morgan v Alex Jones

Newport

One more about gun control in the US. What he says at the end seems like a good way to help solve the problems over there.

FWNOiw_XIV8

Have you seen any of the other videos that despicable cunt has posted? Especially the ones where he calls the families of the Newtown victims actors.

One more about gun control in the US. What he says at the end seems like a good way to help solve the problems over there.

FWNOiw_XIV8

Now this is funny.

What that clown in the video "suggests" is to: "Go in there and figure out a way to fix poverty, unemployment and education." Genius. (starts at 6:05)

The only way for this to seem like "a good way to help solve the problems" is if you are 12 years old. The logic is similar to this old SImpsons quote: "I just have one thing to say: let's have less Homer Simpson and more money for public schools."

The only way for this to seem like "a good way to help solve the problems" is if you are 12 years old.

No it's actually a good way to solve the problems. What would you do instead?

"Go in there and figure out a way to fix poverty, unemployment and education."

How is that a bad idea? Properly educated people alone kind of erm.....have less chance of going around murdering others with guns. And if they aren't scraping around for money and have decent jobs too, that's not going to solve anything? Again, what would you do instead?

If you just say take away their guns I'm out of here...

Guest ShoePiss
No it's actually a good way to solve the problems. What would you do instead?

"Go in there and figure out a way to fix poverty, unemployment and education."

How is that a bad idea? Properly educated people alone kind of erm.....have less chance of going around murdering others with guns. And if they aren't scraping around for money and have decent jobs too, that's not going to solve anything? Again, what would you do instead?

If you just say take away their guns I'm out of here...

Improvements to mental health services and tighter controls on access to and storage of guns would be a good start.

Improvements to mental health services and tighter controls on access to and storage of guns would be a good start.

Of course, agreed.

Just want to add a couple of points for those I've disagreed with too. I'll be honest at the start and admit that I've been closer to Dee Dee than many probably realise since the start of this thread, as I'd been really fucking stoned recently for about a week, (I'm giving that stuff a rest now, maybe for quite a while and getting back to meditating hopefully.) and several of my posts here have been flawed.

The main problem was that while I knew many loathe Piers Morgan, I also thought Jones would be mostly ignored with the facts he mentioned (and several of the things he mentioned were found to be wrong or highly questionable after researching them for a small amount of time) because of the way he carried out his argument. It's not Alex Jones so much that I was trying to stick up for, but some of the things he was getting at because I've been spending a lot of time since the middle of last year researching related issues.

At the end of the day I think most of our problems are due to governments and corporations, which increasingly look for profit and/or control in almost any area of life and has started seriously screwing things up for almost all of us now. But Alex Jones simply does not put his points forward properly. He shouts, screams, demonizes people, lacks patience and awareness, and should be more responsible considering he has millions of followers around the world. I think that to truly move forward we need to overcome and heal divisions, not make them bigger.

I remember watching live streams of the Bilderberg protests last year, and when he turned up I really did think something like "Oh fuck, here we go." He wasn't too bad actually but to many people who are trying to raise awareness he can be seen as a problem with the way he goes about things. He has a lot of respect for having his heart in the right place and helping people wake up to an extent, but he should really change his approach if possible.

So when it comes to this my own problem is generalising issues under the umbrella of "gov-corp" seeing as it affects almost everything, and also not knowing much about how gun control should be tackled to be honest, because I've not really researched it enough. I just think that simply taking away peoples guns doesn't tackle the problem properly at all, and leaves the American population exposed to what's becoming a seriously tyrannical US government at home and abroad.

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Downvote 1

• 9 years later...

It’s all going off in the world of that absolute weapon, Alex Jones. He’s on trial for defamation, being sued for $150m by the family of one of the kids that died at Sandy Hook. 

First this happened yesterday…

… leading to this exchange today…

Great fun. Now all his files are getting turned over to the Jan 6th Committee. 

Pretty sure the jury is out deliberating right now. 

3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

He's absolutely fucked I'd say 

From that MSNBC article above. He’s already guilty by default. 

Jones is of course left with no defense because the plaintiffs have already won a default judgmentagainst him. This is not an isolated event; Jones has now, by default, lost four defamation casesincluding this one. In all cases he has refused to comply with court orders to offer testimony and produce evidence. As a result, he is barred from making his enraging claims that his conspiracy theories are protected by freedom of speech.

Because Jones has already been found to be liable here, a Texas jury is now determining not whether he actually engaged in defamation or intentional infliction of emotional distress, but rather how much he should pay for committing those torts. The lawyer for the families of the slain children has asked for $150 million in damages. It should go without saying that monetary damages will never make these families whole. It is merely all that is left.

Jones has stated that if the jury reached a verdict of more than $2 million it would “sink” him. If true, that’s good news and the jury should award much more. The best way to choke off people like Jones is to bankrupt them. Jones apparently grossed up to $800,000 in one day hawking products. He should not be a wealthy man. He should not be a comfortable man. He is already morally bankrupt. He should also be financially so.

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

They did try to say that it constituted a mistrial but the judge wasn’t having it. I think Alex Jones is probably the most hateful celebrity in popular culture. He’s vile beyond redemption. 

I noticed the other lawyers saying that they'd notified Jones's lawyers about receipt of all that evidence and implying that they had two days in which to formally stop it being used at the trial. It sounds like they've done everything by the book and avoided the risk of a mistrial.

48 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

He’s had to pay $4.1m. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/04/alex-jones-defamation-trial-verdict-sandy-hook

They are apparently sniffing around his finances looking for offshore shell companies. 

It’s gonna be interesting to see what comes out of that phone. 

He won't pay a tenth of that.

I read a couple weeks ago that OJ Simpson has paid the Goldmans 133k over 25 years. The award was for 33.1 million.