You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dead (Air):

BBC News - Iain Banks dies of cancer aged 59

_68068487_68067582.jpg

Author Iain Banks has died aged 59, two months after announcing he had terminal cancer, his family has said.

The Scottish writer revealed in April he was suffering from terminal gall bladder cancer and was unlikely to live for more than a year.

He was best known for his novels The Wasp Factory, The Crow Road and Complicity.

In a statement, his publisher said he was "an irreplaceable part of the literary world".

Trucker Paddy has come into some points.

BBC Sport - Sir Henry Cecil: Legendary trainer dies aged 70

Sir Henry Cecil: Legendary trainer dies aged 70

Sir Henry Cecil, 10-time champion trainer, has died at the age of 70.

Responsible for 25 British Classic winners, Cecil was also the leading handler at Royal Ascot with a record 75 successes.

Cecil, who was knighted in 2011, battled cancer in his later years.

Towards the end of his career, the Newmarket trainer looked after Frankel, officially the best horse in the world and unbeaten in 14 starts before retirement.

"It is with great sadness that Warren Place Stables confirms the passing of Sir Henry Cecil earlier this morning," said a statement posted on Cecil's website.

"Following communication with the British Horseracing Authority, a temporary licence will be allocated to Lady Cecil.

Play media

"No further update is anticipated this afternoon."

Cecil first took out a training licence in 1969.

He had his first British Classic win with Bolkonski in the 1975 renewal of the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket, following up in the same race a year later with Wollow.

Both horses were ridden by Frankie Dettori's father, Gianfranco.

Cecil excelled with fillies, and trained six 1,000 Guineas winners and eight Oaks victors, his last Epsom heroine being Light Shift in 2007.

He had four Derby winners - Slip Anchor, Reference Point, Commander In Chief and Oath - and four St Leger triumphs.

Among his Leger winners was Oh So Sharp, who completed the fillies' Triple Crown of 1000 Guineas, Oaks and Leger under Steve Cauthen, with whom Cecil enjoyed a spectacular association.

But for all the great horses to pass through his care, the best was saved until last in Frankel, who retired to stud with an unbeaten 14-race record.

New league table.

Screen%20shot%202013-06-11%20at%2012.54.27.png

I want to replace Cecil with Phil the Greek' date=' so my up to date list is

Over 50

Kirk Douglas

Ronnie Biggs

Zsa Zsa Gabor

George bush snr

Clive James

Bernie Nolan

Prince Philip

Under 50

Catherine Zeta Jones

Joost Van Der Westhuizen

Under 30

Chris Brown[/quote']

You are this year's Grim Reaper.

I want to replace Cecil with Phil the Greek, so my up to date list is

Over 50

Kirk Douglas

Ronnie Biggs

Zsa Zsa Gabor

George bush snr

Clive James

Bernie Nolan

Prince Philip

Under 50

Catherine Zeta Jones

Joost Van Der Westhuizen

Under 30

Chris Brown

Sorted, cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this on News 24:

BBC News - Sopranos actor James Gandolfini dies

James Gandolfini, the US actor best known for his role as the mob boss in The Sopranos, has died at the age of 51, the HBO TV network has confirmed.

Gandolfini died of a possible heart attack while on holiday in Italy, the network told the BBC.

According to TMZ website, New Jersey-born Gandolfini went to Italy to attend a film festival in Sicily.

He won three Emmy awards for his role as Tony Soprano, a mafia boss juggling his criminal career and family life.

• 2 weeks later...

Another 10 points for me.

I want to replace Bernie Nolan with Mandela, so my up to date list is

Over 50

Kirk Douglas

Ronnie Biggs

Zsa Zsa Gabor

George bush snr

Clive James

Nelson Mandela

Prince Philip

Under 50

Catherine Zeta Jones

Joost Van Der Westhuizen

Under 30

Chris Brown

Replaced Thatcher with her, so I'll replace her with Murray Walker (hope to fuck I'm wrong like)

Murray Walker

Nelson Mandela

Joao Havelange

Ayman al-Zawahiri

Robert Mugabe

Ronnie Biggs

Prince Phillip

Tito Vilanova (U50)

Bashar al-Assad (U50)

Lewis Hamilton (U30)