You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'd rather nail my testicles to a table

sir roger

While obviously cheered up no end to read that John Barrowman had hurt himself in a pantomine in Glasgow, my merriment was tempered when I realised that people were actually paying to see a 'show' starring Barrowman and The Krankies.

I can't imagine a worse top of the bill coupling in any show, can any of you ?

While obviously cheered up no end to read that John Barrowman had hurt himself in a pantomine in Glasgow, my merriment was tempered when I realised that people were actually paying to see a 'show' starring Barrowman and The Krankies.

Spooky. I have Reporting Scotland (BBC local news) on at the moment and guess what was the item they were covering as I opened this thread!

Posters will be pleased to hear Barrowman went to hospital but was found just to have bruising and the understudy (his brother!) took his place for this evening's performance

"His understudy, Greg Barrowman, has already stepped in to finish the rest of the show."

He can be his leading man!

John Barrowman is meant to be starring in Andrew Lloyd Webbers new shows on the BBC - 'He'll do anything'.

Didn't the litlle man/woman/thing* nearly kill themselves doing panto a couple of years back?

Fandabbeedozee.

* delete as appropriate

Didn't the litlle man/woman/thing* nearly kill themselves doing panto a couple of years back?

Fandabbeedozee.

* delete as appropriate

Indeed...in the same panto, as it happens. The tv report made a big thing about what a difficult time it must have been for Janette Tough yesterday. Quiet news day methinks

I used to hate him but actually think he's alright now. He's pretty funny on League of Their Own and once you lose the dislike for the guy his stand-up doesn't seem so bad either.

I agree.

That's 3 votes for Whitehall then. Same. Couldn't see the appeal to begin with but he's definitely grown on me. He wouldn't want me calling him sweet, though, would he?

Was on the BBC yesterday and they had a link with a video.

I excitedly clicked on it hoping to see footage of him being injured only to find Barrowmam interviewed whilst in Scotland, speaking in the most broad Scottish accent known to man.

Where's the American accent gone?!

• 11 months later...

I went to my first ever pantomime yesterday with my kids - and I searched the forum to see if anyone had posted their panto-related japes

"I'd rather nail my testicles to a table" seems to accurately convey my thoughts.

What a much of utter cunts. Just the worst thing I have ever seen and, to top it all, it went on for 2 and half hours. With just a 15 minute break in the middle so I could pay a fiver for 2 pots of ice cream the size a fucking thimble.

"Ooh he's behind you" ... yeah -  hopefully with a  fucking garrotte. 

• Upvote 4

Pantomimes are fucking horrible.  Anyone doing themselves up like a Litherland hag to sate a craving for approval - yes Christopher Biggins, I'm talking about you and your type - should be pelted with shit.  Circuses as well.  Anyone on stilts is a cunt and should be pushed into the traffic.  Clowns.  Fucking hell.  Creepy, unsettling, and wearing trousers Turdseye would think twice before wearing.  Pantos are the worst though.  The encourage freaks like Bonnie Langford and local radio presenters out of their holes.  If they had this shite in the US there'd be serious bloodletting.  

• Upvote 1

.... If they had this shite in the US there'd be serious bloodletting.  

That's how I passed the time - thinking up what my strategy would be if I had access to an automatic weapon. "Him, in the face, followed by her/him whatever the fuck that is in the neck...."

The other thing that was just dreadful was they were trying to make it like modern - 'for the kids' so they kept saying LOL and "hashtag awkwarrrrd" And then the baddies had super soakers, and when people boo'd - they squirted the audience.

It was just a catalogue of cliche'd end of the pier fuckwittery, with no redeeming qualities at all. 

• Upvote 1