You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mansfield or the Mancs

bouncebrigade

Just a bit of stupid Friday fun.

If people had a choice, would they prefer to lose to Mansfield and accept all the shit that would go with losing to a non-league side but then come back and beat the Mancs to make it 6 out of 8 in the league. Or would they prefer what is likely to happen and beat Mansfield but lose in OT.

While we can obviously win a trophy if we beat Mansfield and go on in the FA Cup, I think emotions (and obviously hoping we can push on in the league) dictate that I would take being dumped out of the cup and get 3 points at Old Trafford.

Thoughts?

P.S. I cannot set up a poll a la Code.

Who says we'll lose at OT? Two wins please. We usually up our game for united.

But for the sake of argument, beating the mancs at home, and another 3 points to help us on our way to 4th spot to try get back in the Cl would edge it for me.

We've lost 7 out of last 8 there in the league. I hope that doesn't become 8 out of 9, but, regardless, that's what is most likely to happen.

We'll beat Mansfield....then we will beat the filth, IF our players have the belief in themselves to do it. These fucking Mancs are not that fucking good...they benefit from too many teams shitting themselves against them.

Anyone who thinks we can't turn them over...I say in the spirit of William Wallace....WE CAN!!!!..........AND WE WILL!!!!!

Aside from confidence issues and the obvious rivalry, beating/losing to the Mancs wouldn't affect our season too much as there's still so much football to be played. Ultimately, it's only 3 points and things can still change after this game.

Losing to Mansfield though guarantees we won't win the FA Cup.

So if a choice had to be made, I'd rather lose to the Mancs.

United v Liverpool's always a cracking game - sadly, the jammy gits keep coming out on top.

If you lose to Macc, then beat United, Macc game is forgotten about AND 3 more points will do nicely.

If you beat Macc, then lose to United... what's to feel good about, and you're 3 points down again.

Besides, in my twisted logic, a wounded Liverpool side is a dangerous animal. I'd rather play Liverpool on the back of a win at United than after a beating.

Guest ShoePiss
United v Liverpool's always a cracking game - sadly, the jammy gits keep coming out on top.

If you lose to Macc, then beat United, Macc game is forgotten about AND 3 more points will do nicely.

If you beat Macc, then lose to United... what's to feel good about, and you're 3 points down again.

Besides, in my twisted logic, a wounded Liverpool side is a dangerous animal. I'd rather play Liverpool on the back of a win at United than after a beating.

We're playing Mansfield Town and in the last 5 games against the mancs we've won 2, lost 2 and drawn 1. They did beat us home and away last season in the league but we knocked them out of the FA Cup.

We're playing Mansfield Town and in the last 5 games against the mancs we've won 2, lost 2 and drawn 1. They did beat us home and away last season in the league but we knocked them out of the FA Cup.

Oops! I'd got Macclesfield in my head!

Still... beating United's the real deal... and it's doable. They'll be far more nervous than Liverpool, and if Liverpool take the game to United and manage to take their chances, I fancy Liverpool's chances.

Of course, it will help if you have the mindset that at least one major decision will go United's way, then it won't be a surprise when it happens.

According to TV, no Rooney either (but I think that's Ferguson playing silly buggers, and he'll make a miraculous recover just in time).

If we lose to Mansfield it'll be the 1st time since 1959 we've gone out of the FA Cup to a non league team, if it's one or the other we have to accept defeat at the Mancs, there'll still be 16 more league games to overcome that you only get one shot at the cup.