You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfers 2013

Gym Beglin

Guest San Don
I think he'll look at the big picture, what is good for him and his image in the long run. Anyway, as I said, I worked in PW in the 80s, that means close to 30 years ago. Tax laws change, and are different country by country, my country is not yours. I have no clue how Beckham's businesses are structured, and I believe very few do. I do believe that he has very good advice. Also, he may be a truly good person and just wants to give. If so, I applaud him.

So, what you're saying is you subscribe to this notion where fans says they'd play for 'their club' for free yet when a player does it, there a bigger picture involved?

Erm, ok.

Guest San Don
Beckham is not a pure salaried employee, he is a brand. Rules are different. Just get sick, once you throw up, things will be fine.

Then there's the little question, where does the money that Beckham gives to the kids come from to begin with...

Id surmise the money comes out of PSG's account. Really, what is your point about this?

Looks like were done then.

Odemwyngie needs fucking for what he's doing,i wonder if west brom could sack him and sue him for the remainder of his contract

Maybe he is a secret QPR fan and are just hanging around outside their ground to feel the buzz of a Harry deadline day.

So, what you're saying is you subscribe to this notion where fans says they'd play for 'their club' for free yet when a player does it, there a bigger picture involved?

Erm, ok.

He does not play for free, his income is not fully dependent on the money paid by the club. As I said before, how it is structured, none of us know. He simply gives a part of his income to a charity, that is all. The reasons are his to know, and yes, there is a bigger picture.

Id surmise the money comes out of PSG's account. Really, what is your point about this?

His salary for playing football comes from PSG. That is just a small part of what he makes, as is the case with most sports superstars. A bit tedious to point out the obvious. Check out Adidas (one of his main sponsors) and their child labor stuff. Or what his other sponsors do. It is no charity overall, not by anyone. Some kids suffer, some kids get helped, a rich footballer gets richer.

He does not play for free, his income is not fully dependent on the money paid by the club. As I said before, how it is structured, none of us know. He simply gives a part of his income to a charity, that is all. The reasons are his to know, and yes, there is a bigger picture.

You're right, we do not know the detail of his arrangements. He may just be receiving expenses, which would be laudable. He may have signed over his image rights in much the same way as he has done with his footballing salary. We do not know.

I find it very difficult to understand any criticism of Beckham on this one, apart from the usual small-minded hypocrisy. I'm sure you're not guilty of that, but it is too easy to be cynical by default when the truth is we know not what his financial arrangements are.

That was top class entertainment. Especially the blueshite. They were chuffed that they were getting Leroy Fer but he 'failed' a 'medical'. Then this morning they were convinced they were getting Negredo or Callejon but obviously they couldn't afford them. Then it turns out they sign some no mark defender from league one or something.

Watching that nobhead Alan Myers standing outside finch farm trying to drum up some excitement for the skip rats was priceless. "We hear Everton are in talks for Alvaro Negredo". I wonder how those talks went.

Kenwright: "Can we pay with an I.o.u?"

Sevilla: *dial tone*

They never fail to amuse.

Cedit to Odemwingie for giving transfer deadline day a much needed booster shot of comedy.

I'm pretty pleased with that window for us. I'm highly amused at how frustrated Blackpool mutant, Oyston, will be. We stood firm over Ince, who himself appears to have stood firm as Reading's attempt to sign him fell through. Now he'll leave on a free. No money for poor Karl.

So I was able to get a look at Beckham's finances (he has been in the US for a couple of years - it's all public record). It turns out he makes a shitload of money, I mean an actual shitload - and he doesn't really spend it all - like maybe half. Anyways, he has a deal that if it runs out (his money) they will give him more. But it is still pretty nice cuz if he wanted to (which he didn't) he could have sponsored about two thousand kids in Africa, or could have bought like ten Korean mail order brides. Nice ones. Which he didn't.