You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite first goal for the club?

LFC 6 Times

Graeme Souness's first goal for Liverpool v the mancs 1978 iirc. It was my first LFC v the mancs game l watched live.

.....around the 3.00min mark.

Yeah, same for me. What a fucking goal it was, against the mancs too, it doesn't come much better than that.

What a player he was, we could really do with a Souness in our team today, a real winner, could pass, shoot and would fucking take your leg off if you tried any shite. Would put the fear of god into our own lot as much as the opposition, just phenomenal.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Difference between Crouch and Carroll is that Crouch played fucking brilliantly in his first games, and cost 7m. Carroll offers nothing if he isn't scoring and cost 35.

I dont know why cos i cant remember how it was but i remember Risse v Bayern so it must of been good. It wasnt for the individual but more of build up to it if i remember right.

Super cup wasn't it?

I remember folly more gettin a fine from diadora for blogging them. He had signed with them to wear their boots but wore a pair of new balance and just put a diadora logo on them.... Got caught when the pics of his goal showed a big NB on the sole of his boot. Daft cunt

Another one for Collymore. Class goal after looking nervy as hell all match. Such a pity his problems weren't diagnosed and treated whilst he played for us as, with an untroubled mind, he would have been one of the best footballers to watch in my time going the match.

Remember as a young kid, realising that we had something special on our hands when a little bundle of energy scored 2 goals in a 3-1 win against Notts Forest. Often feel that Kevin Keegan is overlooked unfairly amongst the other legends, but he was fantastic in his 6 years or so at the club.

It seemed a million to one that we would find a better player immediately, but 10 minutes into a debut in Middlesbrough a new King was born. If my further memory of the game is correct, Joey Jones got sent off for nutting legendary dog, John Hickton & his misdemeanour was reported in the Echo rather memorably as 'a piece of amateur dentistry on his opponent'. The new King scored a further 2 goals against Newcastle in his first home game & the legend began.

Collymore's was a special one as it was so similar to loads he scored for Forest and made us think he could help us win the title.

Being an over 40, I loved Steve McMahon's against Everton in 1985-86 was great because it put us 3-0 up at Goodison at half time, and they were reigning champions, and also Paul Walsh against West Ham 1st home game of 1984-85, we won 3-0 and he struck after 14 seconds.

Difference between Crouch and Carroll is that Crouch played fucking brilliantly in his first games, and cost 7m. Carroll offers nothing if he isn't scoring and cost 35.

No he did not, he was fuckin shite and was a hinderance to the fluidity in our attacking play.

• Upvote 1