You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has someone mentioned previously a wee a no frills Iranian/Persian cafe for lunch on London Road in town. Inexpensive authentic unfussy grub, or was that on another forum or maybe I imagined it while under the influence? Fucked if I can remember the name of it but it peaked my interest at the time of reading.

• Upvote 1

Think it's the one Paulie D eulogies about.

For Anny Road - If you've been away from town for a while, Bold street and adjoining is becoming, or has become, the foodie area in town. Bakchich is nice if the kids like chicken kebabs, chips and stuff like that. 

• Upvote 1

Sammy is that Laveez that you went to?. Cheap as chips and you can't eat for a week after being there.

I couldn't say for sure as I actually never made it there. I was probably pissed when I read the recommendation and only half-remembered  sometime later. 'Laveez' does have a familiar ring about it though. Cheers.

Has someone mentioned previously a wee a no frills Iranian/Persian cafe for lunch on London Road in town. Inexpensive authentic unfussy grub, or was that on another forum or maybe I imagined it while under the influence? Fucked if I can remember the name of it but it peaked my interest at the time of reading.

Sammy is that Laveez that you went to?. Cheap as chips and you can't eat for a week after being there.

Think it's the one Paulie D eulogies about.

For Anny Road - If you've been away from town for a while, Bold street and adjoining is becoming, or has become, the foodie area in town. Bakchich is nice if the kids like chicken kebabs, chips and stuff like that. 

Real Taste it's called, down from the Cash Converter.  I miss working round there.  PIc below two of the set meals me and Lady D get, more info on the hidden gem thread

e28aed92336bda3dc33aac7161d0a8bb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Mrs aRdjesse is heading up on Friday for a conference, and I’m going to the game on Sunday.. so we’ll spending the whole weekend in town. Looking to take her out for a meal at some point. Anyone got any recommendations? This place sounds pretty good and price point looks quite reasonable. Anyone been?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/apr/20/belzan-liverpool-restaurant-review-grace-dent

10 hours ago, aRdja said:

Mrs aRdjesse is heading up on Friday for a conference, and I’m going to the game on Sunday.. so we’ll spending the whole weekend in town. Looking to take her out for a meal at some point. Anyone got any recommendations? This place sounds pretty good and price point looks quite reasonable. Anyone been?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/apr/20/belzan-liverpool-restaurant-review-grace-dent

Roski.

Get a booking for lunch, really reasonable and exceptional.

You will not regret it.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Went to Rudy's in Castle Street tonight. It's a very relaxed, casual and affordable pizza place, with excellent food (apart from the disappointing caprese salad) and quick service. 

Deffo recommended. 

What was wrong with the caprese salad?