You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The last 7 games of last season we took 3 less points than the mancs, after the first 7 games of this season we had 11 points less and after 19 games we had 21 points less.

Its all Kenny's fault.

Code, you're dribbling. We lost 11 and drew 3 of our last 19 games. From 14 of those 19 games, we took just 3 points from a possible 42. Half a season is a reasonable period from which to judge how a team has performed - that's as true for Rodgers as it is Kenny.

Who is to blame isn't relevant to the task Rodgers is set with. I certainly don't blame it 'all' on Kenny, but it doesn't matter. The squad is poor, the first 11 isn't very good, and it'll take time to put it right.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
On the rocks??? Absolutely fucking laughable.

11 losses, 3 draws, 4 wins. If that's not on the rocks, I genuinely don't know what is.

I said looks like a fraud.

I think Kenny was sacked because of how he treated the press and I have a feeling Rodgers waffling to them is one of the reasons he got appointed.

There were no footballing reasons to do the change.

Agreed. The sacking of Kenny was criminal, certainly not for football reasons, and when steve clarke refused to re-sign, instead choosing to leave ( out of sympathy for KK) we lost a great defensive resourse who BR is now desperate for. The fact that Clarke, ON HIS OWN has West Brom well above us, speaks volumes. FSG are fucking us over. To be fair, Rodgers is just the naive meat in the sandwich. It's painful to watch this club disintegrate. A bit like watching the sinking of the Titanic.

11 losses, 3 draws, 4 wins. If that's not on the rocks, I genuinely don't know what is.

No one is saying the end of last season was great when it comes to our league campaign, but the main reason for it is a 7 game run where we lost 6 and only won 1.

Its no coincidence this bad run came after we had won the league cup and qualified for Europe either.

When we lost to Arsenal in a game when even the Arsenal players admitted was daylight robbery our league season was finished and we had fuck all to play for seeing we already had qualified for Europe.

Liverpool 19 5 3 11 23-25 18p

I'll ask again, would people swap our wins against City and Utd in the Carling and FA Cup with wins in the league a few days before and after instead so we could get 6 points more?

Only a total idiot would say yes.

And would anyone swap our loss in the FA Cup final with the 3 points we got in the league a few days later?

Only a total idiot would say no.

11 losses' date=' 3 draws, 4 wins. If that's not on the rocks, I genuinely don't know what is.[/quote']

you take those results completely out of context all the time, to justify a complete overhaul at Anfield. Talk about 'blinded by the shite'

Guest Numero Veinticinco
you take those results completely out of context

Well, it's in the context of the entire second half of the season, after spending 120 million quid. Hope this helps.

Much better thread than the Rodgers out one !

Usual suspects being utter cunts as always though.

The main issue for me with our spell under Dalglish is that apart from Suarez and Enrique we pissed away so much money on players that didnt improve us in the slightest. Rodgers has not come close to having the same type of backing in the transfer market. We know what type of football he wants to play, which on paper should suit most LFC fans. The least we can do is give him sufficient time and backing to implement his ideas. 6 months and one transfer window which went to shit is certainly not enough.

Not a religious man myself. The world is built on systems. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it. A brand new unproven system could do a lot of damage in just 2 to 3 short years. How much to spend to correct all that then???

I didn't mean faith in God. I meant faith to see something through to conclusion. Right now we are jumping to conclusions. There are reasons to be concerned, of course. Nobody denies that. The preferred remedy is where there is division amongst fans. End it now? Or persevere (that's what I meant by 'keep the faith').

My view is that it is folly to end it. The manager should get a fair crack of the whip. He came in with a plan. He should be backed to execute that plan. Clearly we are behind schedule, but let's see what unfolds in January and the rest of the season. If we go backwards and finish just above the relegation spots, I'd be in favour of a change in summer. Most fans would. But if we end up finishing about where we finished in the league last season, which is what I suspect will happen, then we should put him back in for the second season and look to see how we fare, especially if he has spent a season adjusting to a new club and bringing some young, talented players through. No use letting them cut their teeth and then binning him. I think if we have patience we will see Rodgers grow with his team. That may or may not be the case, as it is only my suspicion. What I do know is that it will be very unsatisfactory to make another managerial change so soon.

Agreed. The sacking of Kenny was criminal, certainly not for football reasons, and when steve clarke refused to re-sign, instead choosing to leave ( out of sympathy for KK) we lost a great defensive resourse who BR is now desperate for. The fact that Clarke, ON HIS OWN has West Brom well above us, speaks volumes. FSG are fucking us over. To be fair, Rodgers is just the naive meat in the sandwich. It's painful to watch this club disintegrate. A bit like watching the sinking of the Titanic.

You are going by fucking guess work. So im guessing you are a fucking lunatic.

Anyway, who gives a fucking shit about league tables in december ?

The last 7 games of the season we took 3 points less than the mancs

We lost to Fulham and West Brom at home in those seven games, also losing at Swansea. I note your convenient use of Utd as the comparison; a team which managed to throw away the title during the period. I also note the use of 7 games as opposed to 8, 9 or 10 (we lost all of those).

A little transparent I'm afraid mate.

"On the rocks" to me means in serious trouble.

We weren't "on the rocks" when Rodgers took over. The squad he inherited wasn't poor. It massively underperformed in the league in the second half of last season due to a number of factors, many of them Kenny's fault, some of them not.

The squad was good enough to be in contention for the top four until March, so it clearly wasn't as weak as you make out. If you're thinking of responding with your "4 out of 6 top scorers gone" line, don't, because it's totally misleading. Three of them made a minimal contribution in the league last season, and one of them, according to you, is one of the worst players ever to wear the red shirt. It's not as if they made a massive contribution which was difficult to replace.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The squad he inherited wasn't poor.

Well, I pretty much disagree with your post in its entirety, but this line poses particular problems for me. I totally disagree about the quality of our squad.

We weren't "on the rocks" when Rodgers took over. The squad he inherited wasn't poor. It massively underperformed in the league in the second half of last season due to a number of factors, many of them Kenny's fault, some of them not.

The squad was good enough to be in contention for the top four until March, so it clearly wasn't as weak as you make out. If you're thinking of responding with your "4 out of 6 top scorers gone" line, don't, because it's totally misleading. Three of them made a minimal contribution in the league last season, and one of them, according to you, is one of the worst players ever to wear the red shirt. It's not as if they made a massive contribution which was difficult to replace.

Compared to the top 4 and Chelsea it was clearly not good enough, and it still is not.

I really need to disagree here. Our Squad has got worse every year for about 4yrs or so... Kenny 'slightly' improved it, but it was still pretty fucking piss poor.