You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They are both playing in midfield though.

Mascherano was so fucking shit for us. Have you seen his stats? 140 games, 2 goals. Even fewer for Barca. The fucking shitcunt. Probably one of the worst midfielders in the game. When you put him up against somebody like Dempsey or Nolan, he looks really fucking shit.

I mean, they all play midfield, and the stats don't lie.

Alonso is my favorite holding midfielder, how many goals and assists does he have in the entire time he was at Liverpool?

Alonso scored goals and got assists every season, he scored 15 goals in 121 starts in the league, thats approax a goal every 8 start.

You cant expect them to score loads of goals, but there is no excuse for them not to contribute with anything.

If you are extremely skillful in another aspect of your game, it could be easier to forgive you if there are a lot of goals elewhere in the team, but the only two players I can think of in this category would be Makalele and Mascherano.

But Mascherano was a questionable inclusion in most games in our team because we did not have loads of goals elsewhere and he contributed with fuck all going forward.

Neither Lucas or Allen are even close to be on their level though so they dont really have any excuses.

Alonso scored goals and got assists every season, he scored 15 goals in 121 starts in the league, thats approax a goal every 8 start.

You cant expect them to score loads of goals, but there is no excuse for them not to contribute with anything.

If you are extremely skillful in another aspect of your game, it could be easier to forgive you if there are a lot of goals elewhere in the team, but the only two players I can think of in this category would be Makalele and Mascherano.

But Mascherano was a questionable inclusion in most games in our team because we did not have loads of goals elsewhere and he contributed with fuck all going forward.

Neither Lucas or Allen are even close to be on their level though so they dont really have any excuses.

Allen has the excuse that being a holding midfielder is not part of his game and never has been but has filled an area when our only holding midfielder got injured. Allen is at his best when he is playing in the middle of the midfield 3 (the holding midfielder and not the attacking midfielder) the midfield who circulates possession high up the pitch and makes late runs into the box. Let's see him in that position and then we can truly judge him.

Allen has the excuse that being a holding midfielder is not part of his game and never has been but has filled an area when our only holding midfielder got injured. Allen is at his best when he is playing in the middle of the midfield 3 (the holding midfielder and not the attacking midfielder) the midfield who circulates possession high up the pitch and makes late runs into the box. Let's see him in that position and then we can truly judge him.

Oh dont get me wrong, Allen will both get goals and assists for us, no doubt about it.

He just needs to adjust a bit from the Rodgers model about whats actual important in games though and start looking for the goal a bit more and make a few more forwards runs with the ball and without it after releasing the ball.

He will then start to create more space for himself and others and he will contribute more positively to our attacking game.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Oh dont get me wrong, Allen will both get goals and assists for us, no doubt about it.

He just needs to adjust a bit from the Rodgers model about whats actual important in games though and start looking for the goal a bit more and make a few more forwards runs with the ball and without it after releasing the ball.

He will then start to create more space for himself and others and he will contribute more positively to our attacking game.

And when he does, it'll be because he has finally come around to your way of thinking, not because Rodgers has got the players to allow Allen to play a different role within the team.

Don't agree with this at all. I think Henderson has the tools to be a top class player. He has an excellent first touch, sees passes early, releases the ball often with one touch, has excellent crossing ability, has a haymaker of a shot and presses the opposition probably better than anyone else in our team. The tools are there, he just needs the confidence to use them.

Whilst there are encouraging signs from Henderson of late to say he has a haymaker of a shot is pure fantasy, yeah very nice volley the other day but apart from that his shooting has been consistantly awful, excellent crossing ability is a massive over exaggeration to.

Releasing the ball one touch, 80% of the time straight back to Skrtel or Agger, my nan can do that, he does it way to much, thats part of the shirking of responsibilty the he has rightly been criticised for.

Dont mean or want to be negative about him as hes improved a fair bit lately but people are getting way to carried away after a few decent performances, we need to see if he can repeat Saturdays performance consistantly until the end of the season, if he does then we can wank ourselves off over him.

Mascherano was so fucking shit for us. Have you seen his stats? 140 games, 2 goals. Even fewer for Barca. The fucking shitcunt. Probably one of the worst midfielders in the game. When you put him up against somebody like Dempsey or Nolan, he looks really fucking shit.

I mean, they all play midfield, and the stats don't lie.

And that Makelele fella, he was serious dog shit, same goes for Vieira and that World Cup winning captain Dunga, total shite.

Basically, for me we are sheilding the defense by playing in front of them when imho we should be sheilding the defense by keeping the ball in the opposition half as much as possible and then pressing the opposition in their own half when we lose the ball so I eventually see Allen and Henderson together (or midfielders able to press high up the pitch) then an out and out holding midfielder. Like Busquets at Barca.

They are both playing in midfield though.

The acceptance among some Liverpool fans that its okay for any midfielder to not contribute going forward just because he has a deeper starting position is strange, I call it the Lucas syndrome.

People are so intent to make excuses for him they now actuallty believbe its okay for midfielders to not score goals, like ever.

You are not in this category though obviously.

Paul Ince - 8 league goals in 2 seasons (excellent)

Xabi Alonso - 15 league goals in 5 seasons (pretty poor)

Didi Hamann - 8 league goals in 7 seasons (appalling)

Quite clear that Hamann should have been nowhere near our team.

And as for "ever", it might have escaped your attention, but Joe Allen joined us in the summer, so in his case, this "ever" is half a season.

Quite clear that Hamann should have been nowhere near our team.

And as for "ever", it might have escaped your attention, but Joe Allen joined us in the summer, so in his case, this "ever" is half a season.

Hamann was a decent player, nothing more really.

Never before have I come across a "fan" who found so little to like about the club he "supported".

Aimed at me?

I like a lot with the club.

I just happen to not be impressed by default and especially not with the things that are holding us back.

Hamann simply 'decent'? Proves you know fuck all about football.

No it means Hamann was decent by my definiton and that my aim is higher.

Hamanns best ability was falling over and win free kicks when he was about to lose the ball or could do nothing with it.

Oh RiS you forget this giuy.

Lucas - 1 league goal in 6 seasons.

Last time he scored in the league was in May 2009.

Hamanns best ability was falling over and win free kicks when he was about to lose the ball or could do nothing with it.

No, it proves you know fuck all about football. And that bottom paragraph also proves you're on a massive wind up.

Wow, just wow.

Shut. Up. Right. Now.

Now. Not later, or tomorrow, but right now.

Can't believe I am reading this shit.

Sorry but your negged ya mentalist.

EDIT: I will get you later for this.

What do you disagree with Skidders?

I liked Hamann, like I said I think he was a decent player, if we had sold him earlier and brought someone else in though I doubt it would have been much of a loss, his influence on Istanbul is also massively overrated.

This is going to turn into a Didi arguement but imho he didn't offer enough going forwards considering the other players we had in midfield. You look at Makelele at Real and the Chelsea, the midfields were packed with attacking talent so Makelele acking as a shield and little else makes sense within that setup but in a Liverpool team that was desparate short of attacking intent we needed more going forwards from the entire midfield.

When we're talking about about Didi's ability as a holding midfielder, he is one of the best ever but he didn't offer enough going forwards. He either needed Alonso ability to hurt teams from a deep position or Momo's/Mash's ability to destroy opposition play higher up the pitch.

So whilst I don't agree with Code that Didi was mearly 'decent', Didi either needed to give more going forwards or we should have brought in better attackers having both (Didi + lack of attacking options) meant a serious lack of goal threat as a team.

What do you disagree with Skidders?

I liked Hamann, like I said I think he was a decent player, if we had sold him earlier and brought someone else in though I doubt it would have been much of a loss, his influence on Istanbul is also massively overrated.

Everything.

And his influence in Istanbul is not overrated at all. Hamman was an A game player who was a very intelligent footballer who did not require pace.

He was the midfield version of Big Sami. Positioning was everything with Didi.

You really sicken me sometimes.