You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

As in it was the right thing to do from Rodgers' point of view not to accept a nanny, I respect him for that, but t left us with one half of what the owners thought would be a two man team, one part of which was supposed to have the knowledge and experience some of us think we now lack.

We needed experience on and off the pitch, behind the scenes and on the training ground.

Brendan Rodgers is walking down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by and Rodgers shouts up, "Hey you! Can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on. Then a priest comes along and Rodgers shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole; can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then Louis Van Gaal walks by. "Hey, LVG, it's me. Can ya help me out?" And Louis jumps in the hole. Rodgers says, "Are ya stupid? Now we're both down here." Louis Van Gaal says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out."

Get on KevBuddha.

As for Rodgers, he was FSG's choice and they should back him in both the January and Summer transfer windows. Im yet to be convinced by Rodgers,, but if the man has his plan and his employers brought him on board because of it, then they should provide the tools for him to implement it, and only interfere if it's clearly going tits-up.

I respect the faith and open minds the posters in this thread are showing. I really do.

I just feel, in my gut, knee jerk/impatient as it may come across... we are already on another wrong road and the sooner we turn it around the better.

It's nothing personal against BR, I just feel he's out of his depth and has been making bad decisions from day one. I was holding off until seeing who we signed in January. But now that it appears BR sees Ince and Sturridge as our January saviours, alarm bells are ringing.

We needed, and still do need a proper European manager with experience. I'm sick of British managers and players.

Stating that he must be given xxx years is just as silly as insisting he should be shown the door after six months.

Given his and FSG's inexperience a season by season view is probably realistic. His performance to date really hasn't been great so far but given the task he faces that's not surprising.

For me I'd just like to see a bit of improvement over the second half of the season and at least a sign that he's addressing both the deficiencies in the squad and to be honest his own management and tactics. I'd like to read and hear a bit less from him as well.

In many ways it's even more critical to see how FSG back him. Plan 'B' as far as they are concerned might well be for us to just tick along as a mid-table side and ensure that we cut our cloth accordingly and return a profit.

Guest davelfc
Only a total mong would want BR out at this point. We need to stick with him for at least 3 seasons before we will see what direction we are heading. We need stability.

On the subject of mongs, does anyone actually believe we can 'grow our own' world class manager, players and be challenging for the top places in 3, 4 or even 5 years?

Because I'd be pointing the mong stick at those rather than the ones who are seeing the shit we are being served at the moment and who are unhappy about it.

FSG have some talent though, serving up mid table football for top 4 prices, fucking genius.

Stating that he must be given xxx years is just as silly as insisting he should be shown the door after six months.

Agree with that. You judge people on their decisions and the way they come across, but also have to factor in the backing they get from the owners and the performance of the players individually, but I still think it's possible to judge a manager without putting any kind of minimum acceptable time limit on things.

Only a total mong would want BR out at this point. We need to stick with him for at least 3 seasons before we will see what direction we are heading. We need stability.

What a load of shite.

They could have a lottery in the Solly after every game we play unless we won where the winner gets to be manager until we lose a game, I really doubt it could be much worse than it is at the moment.

Rodgers has failed spectaculary and the excuses made up for him are cringeworthy.

So far all hat, no cattle. Hicks would know all about that...

Anyway, the only way to stop all the pointless speculation is for the owners to come come out now, say clearly that Rodgers has 3 years to do what he needs to do, and the only way he gets fired is that we are facing relegation in the near future.

If no such statement is there, on and on we go here, with Code as the conductor of the orchestra of dimwits.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Rodgers has failed spectaculary and the excuses made up for him are cringeworthy.

How the fuck can you fail after only being in the job for 19 games, you fucking Nordic mingebag. He inherited one of the worst performing sides in the league, then lost 4/6 of the team's top scorers. Until he has a chance to bring his own players in, he hasn't failed or succeeded.

Now fuck off to one of your threads, which are just veiled 'Rodgers Out' threads. There's plenty of people in there who want to hear how this has all been instigated by Rodgers and how he 'inherited the best team since Souness'. I'm sure you've got some brilliant charts to prove how there were no problems after Christmas. Fuck off out of it, you revolving door loving cunt.

So far all hat, no cattle. Hicks would know all about that...

Anyway, the only way to stop all the pointless speculation is for the owners to come come out now, say clearly that Rodgers has 3 years to do what he needs to do, and the only way he gets fired is that we are facing relegation in the near future.

If no such statement is there, on and on we go here, with Code as the conductor of the orchestra of dimwits.

I say we should give me 9.5 years to see if it's working. I think it's fair for someone with such a great CV and experience. Meritocracy above all.

In FSG we trust! YNWA John Henry's cigar!

On the subject of mongs, does anyone actually believe we can 'grow our own' world class manager, players and be challenging for the top places in 3, 4 or even 5 years?

Because I'd be pointing the mong stick at those rather than the ones who are seeing the shit we are being served at the moment and who are unhappy about it.

FSG have some talent though, serving up mid table football for top 4 prices, fucking genius.

That's actually something I've been thinking to myself lately. At the very least, there was a freeze on season ticket prices for this season. If there's little sign of improvement in the second half of the season, they'll have a job justifying any potential increase.

These are the teams we have managed to beat so far this season, amazing stuff really not one of them are inside the top 10 and not one of them have a positive goal difference.

11. Norwich 20 6 7 7 23-32 25p

12. West Ham 19 6 5 8 22-23 23p

14. Fulham 20 5 6 9 30-36 21p

16. Wigan 20 5 3 12 22-35 18p

18. Southampton 19 4 5 10 26-37 17p

19. Reading 20 2 7 11 22-37 13p

Guest davelfc
Do you get more points for beating teams which are above you in the table?

Yes, duh!

Oh you mean more than 3 points per win? I wouldn't know, been a while.

Now fuck off to one of your threads, which are just veiled 'Rodgers Out' threads. There's plenty of people in there who want to hear how this has all been instigated by Rodgers and how he 'inherited the best team since Souness'. I'm sure you've got some brilliant charts to prove how there were no problems after Christmas. Fuck off out of it, you revolving door loving cunt.

Says the poster with most posts in that thread.

You really are "special" Numero.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Says the poster with most posts in that thread.

Rrrright. That makes sense. You fucking wally. I'm sure you'll post 8 stats about how shit Rodgers is tonight and overtake me.

These are the teams we have managed to beat so far this season, amazing stuff really not one of them are inside the top 10 and not one of them have a positive goal difference.

11. Norwich 20 6 7 7 23-32 25p

12. West Ham 19 6 5 8 22-23 23p

14. Fulham 20 5 6 9 30-36 21p

16. Wigan 20 5 3 12 22-35 18p

18. Southampton 19 4 5 10 26-37 17p

19. Reading 20 2 7 11 22-37 13p

inspiring stuff. On the basis of this facht I'd give him a 7 year contract with the option for another 2.5, because I'm a proper superfan who knows da Liverpool way.