You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

I've come to appreciate you and your posts over the past while, but that's some buuuuullllsssshhiiiitttt, Mr. Han man. Plays shite 70% of the time? These things have a way of snowballing on this forum. One minute he has had a few games where he was exposed by the midfield, losing the ball in a position he shouldn't have been playing, the next he's off-form and needs a rest, now he's shit 70% of the time.

He's not shit, he's a footballer who plays a certain role in a team and is capable of doing it very well. As the team grows, his importance to it will increase massively.

To be fair Hank, maybe I was being slightly unfair with that remark. Attempting to quantify his performance was always going to be a fail.

He may not be "shit" (and I retract that, because he obviously does have certain qualities) but he has most definitely played shit. I think "a few games" is severely understating how bad he has been. The fact that I can remember the exact games he's played well in is not very encouraging. And I agree, his importance may increase massively but it isn't guaranteed.

He'll never be good enough to be our number 10, nor is he a holding midfielder. He'll never give us what Gerrard gives us, so he's competing for that spot next to him. He's currently getting outdone by Hendo, who probably isn't top four material anyway. This whole "play well for one game...shite for the next two...30 minutes of good play in the first half of the fourth" is not really good enough. Anyway, we'll see. Either way, I don't see how people can contest that he isnt worth £15m. He might be in a years time but if that was the criteria upon all transfers were valued, Cristiano Ronaldo would have cost united £80m.

Some people are just averse to positivity, always see everything with a negative slant, it's just their nature.

Whilst others would rather live in cuckoo land.

Objective, balanced criticism isn't being averse to positivity. I really like the manager and some of his work has been tremendous. He deserves endless plaudits for signing Sturridge. Also, the way he has brought on previously failing players with his coaching methods is amazing.

He isn't perfect though. Commenting as much isn't unfair.

I have belief and faith to Rodgers...

Alot of people are slating FSG for Kenny Dalglish. Sorry but I have to confess that the team the transfers and the performace was sh.t

Winning 1-2 big games and loosing nearly the rest,getting draws from lesser teams buying crappy players for a lot of money like Downing, Carrol etc

is not Liverpool's way and is not acceptable ...

The strange thing is that the same people who are slating FSG and not Dalglish are slating also Rodgers because of the transfers and team performace..

Dalglish is a legend but sorry his time passed and the game changed a lot

Its a whole new industry and you have to improove on every aspect

We are Liverpool but we dont have the muscle or vision for modern era

Thats why we are struggling for nearly 20+ years

We have to admit this

For Rodgers yea he is making mistakes sometimes but imo he is working his socks off for this club

He is trying to bring out everything from the players and he is getting punished for the mistakes that were made before him

Give him support at least another year and we can see if there is an improvement or not and decide.. Because we are Liverpool and we cannot buy success

A fan from Turkey whose only game he watched is Liverpool - Milan 2005 CL Final.. and hope I can watch one in Anfield :D

Some people are just averse to positivity, always see everything with a negative slant, it's just their nature.

I'm not suggesting that everything is coming up Millhouse but Allen has been here half a season, started well and hit a sticky patch, could be for any number of reasons given he's in a new team playing a lot of games and playing with players who are adapting to a new system themselves, but again we here how he's a multi million pound flop. By and large this is still the fallout from Dalglish's signings, namely Carroll, Downing and Henderson. Carroll is an unmitigated bad signing, at that price, no questions but the other two could still prove there worth. I suppose what I'm saying is I BELIEVE IN HARVEY DENT, sorry Joe Allen.

Whilst others would rather live in cuckoo land.

Objective, balanced criticism isn't being averse to positivity. I really like the manager and some of his work has been tremendous. He deserves endless plaudits for signing Sturridge. Also, the way he has brought on previously failing players with his coaching methods is amazing.

He isn't perfect though. Commenting as much isn't unfair.

I wasn't referring specifically to you. It was a general comment about the mentality of large sections of the fanbase. I understand why people are cautious but some are just full-on negative.

I wasn't referring specifically to you. It was a general comment about the mentality of large sections of the fanbase. I understand why people are cautious but some are just full-on negative.

Sorry, I misjudged then! I'd agree though - there are some (we all know who) who only come out when things are going bad to stick the boot in. I think views on Brendan are prejudiced by the loss of Kenny.

As for Rodgers I fucking love him, Have backed him and believed in him from the get go, I listened to martinez get interviewed yesterday and shuddered at the thought of him managing us. I've absolutely no question that as I i've already stated getting Rodgers was a massive coup, a manager with his vision and passion for the game. I'm not saying we're going to be challenging for the title next season, it may take three, four but I do know that we're going to see some fantastic football along the way. I think we'll finish in the top six this season and I'll be more than happy with that.

This post makes me happy.

Even though I was upset to see Kenny go when he did I said at the time that it's Fsg's money and they have a right to do what they think is right even if I thought personally he should have been given another season.

When Rodgers was appointed I was prepared to get behind him as I have for every Liverpool manager bar none (even Hodge at the start). It's early days still but I have to say I'm very happy with him at present. The team is really starting to gel and and play fluid penetrating football and he's even getting performances out of Henderson and Downing. Hopefully with a Sturridge and Suarez linking up and Stevie back to his best we may finish top 6.

I dont have too much to say about him negatively even with the inconsistent start we made to the season other than I think he handled Carroll wrong at the start of the season and that's the only major thing I can really put against him.

I also really admire the way he conducts himself with the media (i realise now it is an important facet of the game especially when you think of the attacks the club had to endure from them last season). He speaks with a quiet authority and has kept a dignified outlook on things at all times.

Here's hoping he can fulfill all the potential I and others see in him and become a really top, top manager.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Man...you come right out of a comic book. ;)

Is right!

To be fair Hank, maybe I was being slightly unfair with that remark. Attempting to quantify his performance was always going to be a fail.

He may not be "shit" (and I retract that, because he obviously does have certain qualities) but he has most definitely played shit. I think "a few games" is severely understating how bad he has been. The fact that I can remember the exact games he's played well in is not very encouraging. And I agree, his importance may increase massively but it isn't guaranteed.

He'll never be good enough to be our number 10, nor is he a holding midfielder. He'll never give us what Gerrard gives us, so he's competing for that spot next to him. He's currently getting outdone by Hendo, who probably isn't top four material anyway. This whole "play well for one game...shite for the next two...30 minutes of good play in the first half of the fourth" is not really good enough. Anyway, we'll see. Either way, I don't see how people can contest that he isnt worth £15m. He might be in a years time but if that was the criteria upon all transfers were valued, Cristiano Ronaldo would have cost united £80m.

The next Xavi, I'm telling ye!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I absolutely agree with that. So much of their negative predictions come wrong, too. It was only last month we were hearing how it was stupid and naive to think we'd sign anybody this winter. Should we get Coutinho, I think it'll be a fairly decent one.

That said, it's sometimes understandable. When you look at what has happened over the last three or four years, from the H+G hell, Rafa being sacked, Hodgson, a legend being sacked, spending shit loads of money and not getting anywhere with it, seeing other teams take our place in the top four, and falling down the league. That'll turn the best of us sour.

That said, I'm finally happy that we're taking the imperfect and difficult steps back to punching our weight, rather than way below it. Of course there are things that fuck us off as fans, and in a perfect world we'd have more money, better players, etc., but step by step we'll box ourselves out of the corner we boxed ourselves into. I'm convinced of it.

I've said quite a few times that I don't feel Rodgers is the right man to get us back to the top, however results have been good in recent months.

8 wins in 11, I think, Villa at home was the only shock result.

For me though, the next two league games are crucial. Arsenal and Man City away.

Neither team are as strong as they have been, although both seem to have improved recently. If we lose both, having been out played with no game plan, or Rodgers getting his starting tactics wrong again, then I will be seriously concerned.

It won't actually make too much difference in terms of this season, as I think Spurs will finish 4th again this year, however Rodgers needs to start getting results in the big games. If we can't do this then we will just continue to be a mid table club, and it will mean Suarez won't stick around. He's far too good for a mid table club. It's a big few weeks for Brendan Rodgers in my opinion.

Yeah, it's not like he's desperate to get new players in. Oh, wait...

But you're right, I don't like Downing starting. He's not very good. He does the odd good thing, but it can't be said that he's 'very good'. We need very good players. In fact, it should be a rule at a club like Liverpool that you must be a 'very good' player to hold down a starting position. That includes players I like as well as players I don't.

Downing has started 9 of our 10 last league games and there is a reason for it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Downing has started 9 of our 10 last league games and there is a reason for it.

Is that reason Rodgers is shit and Kenny's team was ace?

No the reason is that our manager understood he could not keep picking inferior players just because the ex manager had signed some of the players in the squad since we did not get results.

Pick the best team, stop pissing around with the ball in our own half and try to attack instead and as by magic the results will suddenly come.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I wish you were our manager. With in-depth knowledge like that, we'd be winning the league in no time.

The Ryman's premier league.

I wish you were our manager. With in-depth knowledge like that, we'd be winning the league in no time.

The Ryman's premier league.

Rodgers is young, maybe he will get there with time, you can see he has learned from his mistakes as we have changed our approach already and we are starting to get results.

It does not really comes as a surprise just as its not a suprise its better to play with Downing and Henderson than Sterling/Suso and Shelvey.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rodgers is young' date=' maybe he will get there with time, you can see he has learned from his mistakes as we have changed our approach already and we are starting to get results.

[/quote']

Yep, it's all because he has listened to you.

I'd imagine he has forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

Rodgers is young, maybe he will get there with time, you can see he has learned from his mistakes as we have changed our approach already and we are starting to get results.

It does not really comes as a surprise just as its not a suprise its better to play with Downing and Henderson than Sterling/Suso and Shelvey.

Give me your age. And give me Rodgers' age. Let's see the stats.

Downing should not play a single game for us. Henderson is at the moment better than Allen. Suso has the capacity to be an exceptional player, unlike Henderson or Allen, up to Rodgers to make it happen.

Yep, it's all because he has listened to you.

I'd imagine he has forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

He's not listened to me, he has reached the conclusion himself, not fuckin hard as its been

pretty obvious since day one.

See above.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He's not listened to me, he has reached the conclusion himself, not fuckin hard as its been

pretty obvious since day one.

See above.

Nonsense. The players are just getting to grips with his system, that's all. It's certainly not because of Downing or because he's adopting your ways.

I bet you hate the fact we had 68% possession and 90% pass completion against Norwich at home. Whereas, in the same fixture last season we had just 55% possession and 80% pass completion. Of course, Rodgers has just learned to stop concentrating on possession and passing and 'learned' the same thing you've known and is now playing the way Kenny did, which was so brilliant.

Get over yourself.

I like Rodgers and I am 100% behind him. I like the way we play, I like the improvement in some of our less popular players, I like the fact that he will choose a talented youth player over a regular, I like the way he shipped out dross. Basically, he has been doing the things that we have wanted doing for a long while. That there are still a bunch of fans who haven't bought in astonishes me. Fucking hell, just give the man a chance. We have the same number of points as Wengers beauts and we had an appalling start to the season. OK, they have a game in hand, but they will probably fuck that one up. The fucking cunts.

Where was I? Ah yes, Brendan. Just fucking back him.

*This message was paid for by the RiS n Bren Foundation*

Have you ever been right about anything Numero?

With a postcount on around 17 a day its some remarkable achievement to never be right about anything like ever.

You are good entertainment though almost like a daily visit to the comedy store.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Have you ever been right about anything Numero?

Have you ever been wrong? Only joking, that's impossible.

I do find it amusing that you had to fiddle my post count, like it actually means something. Get that extra post in, Code, that'll really drill it home. One more in the units column. I bet that made your ego chip tingle, didn't it Codebot?