You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

Guest davelfc

Sorry I think 'see sense' is perhaps unfair on Rodgers. I dream that new owners would have a better plan than the current one and therefore want to use different personnel, proven and experienced personnel to achieve this plan.

If you want to be up with the best you need to hire the best. Thinking you'll be up with the best by simply working your way slowly upwards only ends up with any decent people you have being head hunted away.

Sorry I think 'see sense' is perhaps unfair on Rodgers. I dream that new owners would have a better plan than the current one and therefore want to use different personnel, proven and experienced personnel to achieve this plan.

If you want to be up with the best you need to hire the best. Thinking you'll be up with the best by simply working your way slowly upwards only ends up with any decent people you have being head hunted away.

Lot of sense there mate.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I prefer to think if we had better owners, ones that had a fucking clue and some ambition that they'd see sense.

Rather than the 'grow your own' know nothing fuckwits that are very very quiet at the moment.

You see, I have a problem with this. Firstly, I want to 'grow our own' players, like we always have. Secondly, we've spent amazing amounts. What your saying just doesn't match up to what has happened.

Oh and if you want to force an answer, yes, today, this minute. Send him packing. Get in a decent CEO and an experienced manager that can attract players that will put us back up there.

I just can't believe you - somebody I respect on here, regardless of a few angry words - can say something like that. It's all a bit 'Newcastle fan'. He has been here five minutes and inherited a dog of a squad. To turf him out before he has a chance to make the squad his - especially if we got owners like City - would be incredibly premature.

Guest davelfc

I just can't believe you - somebody I respect on here, regardless of a few angry words - can say something like that. It's all a bit 'Newcastle fan'. He has been here five minutes and inherited a dog of a squad. To turf him out before he has a chance to make the squad his - especially if we got owners like City - would be incredibly premature.

Set em up and knock em down eh?

'Like City', where are you intentionally taking this discussion? I didn't have to wait too long for this predicted reply from you. You've been casting your bait out for weeks and weeks and think you've got a bite.

A club of our stature shouldn't be looking at 24 years without a league title, but perhaps that is because we aren't quite the club that our fans think we are!

Not sure we are performing that much worse defensively either!

And in that first sentence the whole situation is summed up perfectly.

We can go on about our history, titles one, fanbase etc. It makes little difference. The fact is that, since 2009, we have been an upper mid-table team, nothing more, nothing less.

So, if Rodgers is underachieving, then so were Rafa and Kenny.

And anyone who compares what Rodgers has had to spend with what Kenny had in 2011 is surely just having a laugh. We fucked up, simple as. It wasn't the first time and, if the last 25 years are anything to go by, it wont be the last.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Set em up and knock em down eh?

'Like City', where are you intentionally taking this discussion? I didn't have to wait too long for this predicted reply from you. You've been casting your bait out for weeks and weeks and think you've got a bite.

What the fuck are you on about, David? Anyway, back to 'What your saying just doesn't match up to what has happened'. Obviously.

And in that first sentence the whole situation is summed up perfectly.

We can go on about our history, titles nineteen, fanbase etc. It makes little difference. The fact is that, since 2009, we have been an upper mid-table team, nothing more, nothing less.

So, if Rodgers is underachieving, then so were Rafa and Kenny.

And anyone who compares what Rodgers has had to spend with what Kenny had in 2011 is surely just having a laugh. We fucked up, simple as. It wasn't the first time and, if the last 25 years are anything to go by, it wont be the last.

Agreed with most of the other points, but just fixed the one glaring mistake for ya.

And yes, I know, before anyone tries point out it was a spelling mistake

Guest davelfc
Agreed with most of the other points' date=' but just fixed the one glaring mistake for ya.

And yes, I know, before anyone tries point out it was a spelling mistake

Yep it should be spelt Eighteen.

I don't dislike him and you have no basis for that statemnt but I know its a useful ploy for you to discount the view that he should be sacked

However I dislike him being our manager

Yours and the collective blind faith in a man who has achieved nothing of note in his managerial career is part of the malaise by which this club slowly goes down the toilet

Who has blind faith in him? Do you know anyone who doesn't have doubts about his ability to pull this off? I think you should name names, just so they can come on here and ridicule you.

To be quite honest' date=' Carroll for £35m is enough reason to be sacked. With every passing day it just looks even worse, and if you aren't fucking seething about it even now then you don't grasp just how much money that is.

We mortgaged our future on a 2011 version of someone who was potentially as good as Niall Quinn or Duncan Ferguson. But he's likely not even going to reach their level of mediocrity.[/quote']

Its enough reason for the Director Of Football to be sacked, yes. He was. I'ts obvious Kenny was sacked for not over achieving in his first full season, after over achieving in his previous six months - and, for just not being wanted in the first place. It looks like BR will get much more consideration.

Downing's fee wasn't grossly inflated? Henderson's wasn't? Carroll get 10 goals? KopOut's gone mental again.

A player's head space plays a massive role in his playing career. Carroll was coming good in terms of confidence and performance prior to being told he wasn't wanted. Imagine what it does to a player to be told to fuck off. He wanted to STAY. As for the 'system' I've seen nothing this season to suggest he wouldn't have fitted in and partnered Luis - as it is, all those crosses of Johnson Enrique and Downing were just fired into no man's land.