You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

I don't dislike him and you have no basis for that statemnt but I know its a useful ploy for you to discount the view that he should be sacked

However I dislike him being our manager

Yours and the collective blind faith in a man who has achieved nothing of note in his managerial career is part of the malaise by which this club slowly goes down the toilet

I just don't get you agenda driven cunts and how you cannot see that you aren't seeing things objectively. You quite do dislike him and it's for the sole reason he's been hired instead of Benitez and for that reason anything he does in your eyes is wrong.

Rodgers could pull off a masterstroke, signing Messi on a free, for 20K a week wages and you would find fault with it. God knows what sort of shit you would come up with if he actually won a trophy for us this season. You would probably implode.

You can see cunts like you from a mile off. I doubt that there is one post from you actually praising anything Rodgers has done at any point. Just like them laughable comments you make about Downing. I doubt you have said a bad word about him either because it doesn't fit your agenda. Instead the reality is there are times when both should have been praised and times when both need to be criticised.

Rodgers has done nothing to merit the inordinate benefit of the doubt he is getting from most fans

I see he is having a cut at Suarez now about damaging the clubs reputation - now that is so funny it makes me want to cry

If Suarez is stupid to be the only one to admit to diving then he needs a fucking earful from the manager. And to stop the press saying we condone diving, the manager has made this rebuke public. Very sensible.

I just don't get you agenda driven cunts and how you cannot see that you aren't seeing things objectively. You quite do dislike him and it's for the sole reason he's been hired instead of Benitez and for that reason anything he does in your eyes is wrong.

Rodgers could pull off a masterstroke, signing Messi on a free, for 20K a week wages and you would find fault with it. God knows what sort of shit you would come up with if he actually won a trophy for us this season. You would probably implode.

You can see cunts like you from a mile off. I doubt that there is one post from you actually praising anything Rodgers has done at any point. Just like them laughable comments you make about Downing. I doubt you have said a bad word about him either because it doesn't fit your agenda. Instead the reality is there are times when both should have been praised and times when both need to be criticised.

I dont feel the following points lack objectivity:

1. He has spent a reasonable amount of money with little if any impact so far

2. The team is performing worse defensively than under Dalglish

3. The team has performed consistently worse against the better teams than under Dalglish

4. There is no obvious areas of improvement other than perhaps we are prettier to watch but that is not translating into improved performance by any stretch

5. He has achieved little as a manager prior to coming to Liverpool that could be taken as credible evidence that he is a top class manager

6. The most important job at the club is that of the manager

7. A club of our stature should have a manager that has proven credentials and not one that is learning his trade

I dont dislike rodgers

My agenda is to expose the real problem - the owners lack of understanding of football and/or their failure to urgently invest in the club in a serious way which means that no creidble manager would want the job -we get second class managers who are looking to build a career rather than proven one's who have the know-how to begin seriously addressing the clubs continuing slide down the toilet

I'm done with this buddy

There are none so blind as those who will not see

I dont feel the following points lack objectivity:

1. He has spent a reasonable amount of money with little if any impact so far

2. The team is performing worse defensively than under Dalglish

3. The team has performed consistently worse against the better teams than under Dalglish

4. There is no obvious areas of improvement other than perhaps we are prettier to watch but that is not translating into improved performance by any stretch

5. He has achieved little as a manager prior to coming to Liverpool that could be taken as credible evidence that he is a top class manager

6. The most important job at the club is that of the manager

7. A club of our stature should have a manager that has proven credentials and not one that is learning his trade

I dont dislike rodgers

My agenda is to expose the real problem - the owners lack of understanding of football and/or their failure to urgently invest in the club in a serious way which means that no creidble manager would want the job -we get second class managers who are looking to build a career rather than proven one's who have the know-how to begin seriously addressing the clubs continuing slide down the toilet

I'm done with this buddy

There are none so blind as those who will not see

Regarding point 7, so glad the board never adopted that view with Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish

Guest davelfc
Because it doesn't fit the argument? Either you're a rookie manager or you're not.

Total and utter bollocks, what you saw with Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish was the supervised hand over from within of a successful team that was winning league titles and trophies for fun. From top to bottom we were class, professional. The exact opposite from where we find ourselves today.

To then suggest that Rodgers appointment is in any way similar is to insult us all.

Rogers is doing as well as his inexperience allows, he needs to show that he is a fast learner in the second half of the season, especially now he has a striker than seems to know where the goal is.

To be quite honest, Carroll for £35m is enough reason to be sacked. With every passing day it just looks even worse, and if you aren't fucking seething about it even now then you don't grasp just how much money that is.

We mortgaged our future on a 2011 version of someone who was potentially as good as Niall Quinn or Duncan Ferguson. But he's likely not even going to reach their level of mediocrity.

Who said Dalglish signed Carroll?

if he signed Carroll, give him the credit for signing Suarez

he signed neither in my view,

Comoli only said last week that he wanted Carroll in the summer before Dalglish was even at the club, but Newcastle didn't want to do business

Because it doesn't fit the argument? Either you're a rookie manager or you're not.

There is a difference though. Paisley and fagan were instrumental in the building of the club they were a part of what made it what it was, the shoes they stepped into were comfy ones the only difference is the final word ended up being there's. dalglish had the benefit of knowing the pressure expected at a club that demands success and he had paisley as a mentor in the office next to his. Rodgers managed two small clubs one of which he was sacked at, him getting the liverpool job isn't like anything we've had before. We certainly weren't the giants we became when shankly took charge.

Rodgers could be a success he could also fail. I still don't think he should of got the job and think its a disgrace how the owners and Ayre have took the clubs status and respect built over decades and chopped it off at the knees. They talk of the club like it really is a newly promoted minnow now in the pond with the big fish and it fucks me right off.

Guest davelfc

Rodgers could be a success he could also fail. I still don't think he should of got the job and think its a disgrace how the owners and Ayre have took the clubs status and respect built over decades and chopped it off at the knees. They talk of the club like it really is a newly promoted minnow now in the pond with the big fish and it fucks me right off.

Couldn't have said it better myself, we're being run by fucking idiots. But let's not slate them because they saved us, my arse!

Total and utter bollocks, what you saw with Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish was the supervised hand over from within of a successful team that was winning league titles and trophies for fun. From top to bottom we were class, professional. The exact opposite from where we find ourselves today.

To then suggest that Rodgers appointment is in any way similar is to insult us all.

Rogers is doing as well as his inexperience allows, he needs to show that he is a fast learner in the second half of the season, especially now he has a striker than seems to know where the goal is.

Just pointing out that stating someone has no experience as a manager should not preclude them from a job. Playing devils advocate cause I am bored to death of doom merchants. Maybe using Ferguson would be a better example of having patience?

Who said Dalglish signed Carroll?

if he signed Carroll, give him the credit for signing Suarez

he signed neither in my view,

Comoli only said last week that he wanted Carroll in the summer before Dalglish was even at the club, but Newcastle didn't want to do business

Fucking hell where have you been? Last time you were on here you recommended to someone to go and wank a budgie!!

Have you been chasing the budgie for all this time?

Guest davelfc
Just pointing out that stating someone has no experience as a manager should not preclude them from a job. Playing devils advocate cause I am bored to death of doom merchants. Maybe using Ferguson would be a better example of having patience?

Not really, another poor example. He would have been sacked pretty damned quickly in todays game, besides hadn't he actually won something before he went there?

I'm not having a dig at Rodgers there, I don't want him here but I understand he's what we have and we have to get on with it. I just avoid the offal, any quotes from ayre head and all of Rogers press conferences. I'd like to avoid the owners too but they've disappeared.

Salesmen give job to another salesman who then appoint another salesman to manage. That can't go wrong.

Guest davelfc
The Scottish league and cup winners cup I think. So who would you advocate to have as manager? Realistically. And the example of having patience is not a bad one, its still an example in having patience, whether its 1989 or 2013.

Yep I can see where you get the similarity with Rogers there;

St. Mirren

Scottish First Division (1): 1976–77

Aberdeen

Scottish Premier Division (3): 1979–80, 1983–84, 1984–85

Scottish Cup (4): 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86

Scottish League Cup (1): 1985–86

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1982–83

UEFA Super Cup (1): 1983

I wouldn't change the manager with these fuckers in charge, he suits them perfectly. Ideally a new owner with a pot to piss in that has someone experienced as a football CEO, a manager that isn't learning from scratch and can attract decent players and Ayre doing what he does best, selling and being forcibly restrained from even talking to our players.

Not going to happen any time soon though.

Yep I can see where you get the similarity with Rogers there;

St. Mirren

Scottish First Division (1): 1976–77

Aberdeen

Scottish Premier Division (3): 1979–80, 1983–84, 1984–85

Scottish Cup (4): 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86

Scottish League Cup (1): 1985–86

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1982–83

UEFA Super Cup (1): 1983

I wouldn't change the manager with these fuckers in charge, he suits them perfectly. Ideally a new owner with a pot to piss in that has someone experienced as a football CEO, a manager that isn't learning from scratch and can attract decent players and Ayre doing what he does best, selling and being forcibly restrained from even talking to our players.

Not going to happen any time soon though.

Ok, I give in. You have a better grasp of googling stats than me. His record wasn't the point I was making. In fairness. We should sack every manager after 7 months if they're not top 3. It's the future. You said yourself ferguson wouldn't survive today.

As for owners....you have to wonder why no one with a pot to piss in wants to buy us.

You're in a win win. You will either have a successful team to support in a couple of years, or sit smugly with a big "I told you so grin" all over your face. The frightening thing is, I'm not sure which some people would prefer. Right, off to the Nans for me tea.

Guest davelfc
Ok, I give in. You have a better grasp of googling stats than me. His record wasn't the point I was making. In fairness. We should sack every manager after 7 months if they're not top 3. It's the future. You said yourself ferguson wouldn't survive today.

As for owners....you have to wonder why no one with a pot to piss in wants to buy us.

You're in a win win. You will either have a successful team to support in a couple of years, or sit smugly with a big "I told you so grin" all over your face. The frightening thing is, I'm not sure which some people would prefer. Right, off to the Nans for me tea.

It helps to have the remotest idea of what you're actually talking about. You seem to know absolutely fuck all, which is why I took you to task on it.

Oh and I am not in any win win situation here, there won't be any 'I told you so' from me because I openly admit I haven't a clue how he will do, it's a big risk and one I hope it works. I'm still turning up each week at Anfield to support my team, so win, lose or draw that won't change.

Guest davelfc
So you'd sack him if we had different owners?

I prefer to think if we had better owners, ones that had a fucking clue and some ambition that they'd see sense.

Rather than the 'grow your own' know nothing fuckwits that are very very quiet at the moment.

Oh and if you want to force an answer, yes, today, this minute. Send him packing. Get in a decent CEO and an experienced manager that can attract players that will put us back up there.

Do I think it will happen, as I said, no. So we must stick with the man they appointed and their plan of growing our very own superstars (that city and chelsea will buy when ripe)