You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

To be fair, they have performed incredibly this season. Van Persie is fucking lethal, then there's plenty of others around him who are capable of creating and scoring. For one, I don't think it's hype.

Yes, they have this season overall, as an average.

But against us they were fucking substandard at best. And in that sense you are buying the hype. Razor-sharp? Come off it. I have rarely seen a team score a goal as easily as they did both times.

Van Persie was clinical but their attack was predictable, normal, average. It came across like a training match. Had we played half as good as we did in the last 35 minutes (you know, when we seemed to care all of a sudden) then I doubt they would have scored.

I've been Rodgers' biggest critic thus far (I know, I've had a lot of competition for that title) but I was encouraged how he adapted to the realisation of that first half on Sunday. He was decisive in his changes and it nearly paid dividends.

Who knows he might be learning?I'm hoping he's not the imposter that he's looked in the first half of the season.

Ive seen this a couple of times and it just perplexes me.

I don't see how it is positive that the manager finally realised at half time what was obvious to nearly everybody before the game had even started.

I hope he'll do well here but I just found last weekends tactical and personelle choices infuriating. They were squarely the reasons we lost.

Ive seen this a couple of times and it just perplexes me.

I don't see how it is positive that the manager finally realised at half time what was obvious to nearly everybody before the game had even started.

I hope he'll do well here but I just found last weekends tactical and personelle choices infuriating. They were squarely the reasons we lost.

It was not obvious before the game at all, it had everything to do with how Man Utd would set up. And looking at their team sheet you could not really tell before the game started.

And for real, being second best for 45 minutes away to the league leaders is not all that bad. In the end we were somewhat unlucky not to get a point from this game.

It was not obvious before the game at all, it had everything to do with how Man Utd would set up. And looking at their team sheet you could not really tell before the game started.

And for real, being second best for 45 minutes away to the league leaders is not all that bad. In the end we were somewhat unlucky not to get a point from this game.

Not trying to come across like Code here, but for me it really was.

The only and best way to play against United is through a high-pressure, high-intensity game - suffocating their midfield and forcing them into mistakes. The worst way to play against them is to sit back, give them all the time in the world and let them leverage their technical ability. Both history and general common sense shows this.

I don't disagree that it wasn't that bad, its not really the result that I care about. It was the glaringly poor decisions (in my opinion anyway) which could have been avoided.

Anyhow...whats done is done. Lets hope we beat Norwich.

Not trying to come across like Code here, but for me it really was.

The only and best way to play against United is through a high-pressure, high-intensity game - suffocating their midfield and forcing them into mistakes. The worst way to play against them is to sit back, give them all the time in the world and let them leverage their technical ability. Both history and general common sense shows this.

I don't disagree that it wasn't that bad, its not really the result that I care about. It was the glaringly poor decisions (in my opinion anyway) which could have been avoided.

Anyhow...whats done is done. Lets hope we beat Norwich.

The point IMO was how Utd set up their team compared to ours in the first half which worked against us. Im quite sure we had the intent to go after them from the start, pressing them high, but they played a 4-4-2 as opposed to 4-2-3-1 which i think Rodgers figured they would do as such the balance got all wrong and they exploited that. We could have tried to change sooner i guess, but it's quite hard to change like that in the middle of play.

The point IMO was how Utd set up their team compared to ours in the first half which worked against us. Im quite sure we had the intent to go after them from the start, pressing them high, but they played a 4-4-2 as opposed to 4-2-3-1 which i think Rodgers figured they would do as such the balance got all wrong and they exploited that. We could have tried to change sooner i guess, ]but it's quite hard to change like that in the middle of play.

The better managers can though with a bit of tinkering here and there. The other fella at Chelsea is a master at it. Hopefully he will improve the midfield defensively. Crucial if we want to kick on. Utd walked through it time and again.

The problem our Brendan has is this: being a young manager, he has to win things with the sort of players he can attract before he can attract the sort of players who will win things.

This surely has to go down as one of the greatest ever of all things ever said on this site.

It is almost Shanklyesque in its point and indeed its simplicity.

If I could rep, I would.

Rogers inherited a mediocre squad. I'm not going to argue with that really. My 'beef' as I've always said is with FSG only giving Dalglish ONE SEASON.

Kenny was allowed to spend big, by Comolli. He built up the squad to a certain degree with that money. There is only one player, imo, in all the purchases, who was grossly over inflated - Andy Carroll. Why? Well, he was bought in a panic at the very end of the hyper-inflated January transfer window of the previous season - once again, the 'buck' stops with Comolli. Kenny may well have wanted him (Carroll) but there is no way he would have wanted him at any cost if he (Kenny) actually had the purse strings. However, my last comment on that particular player, is that he was bought as a target player for the likes of Downing, Enrique and Johnson - providing that other 'option' to Suarez and Gerrard's cut and thrust. I can argue right here and now, that if Carroll had played this season in a red shirt (free of injury), even if he only got on the end of 20% of Downing's crosses into the box, he'd have ten goals, and some of our draws would have been wins.

The investment in the squad was necessary, precisely because it was weak, and our number one striker (the dude who got the fastest fifty in a red shirt ever) abandoned ship, closely followed by Meireles.

My sole argument, is that KK deserved and should have got a second season, and, he should have got it with further investment in the team, to build on the previous season. I mean, that's what you do isn't it, if you're chasing trophies? isn't that the point? That's what big clubs do..particularly clubs with a Sheikh as the owner.

Investment builds success, and the more the merrier.

Anyway, BR is here now for better or worse. I'm not particularly pleased about it, but I have no say.

FSG are small fry - if they honestly think they can get the club back to greatness by spending moderate amounts of capital on a seriously depleted squad, they are mistaken.

agreed, we should be doing better but its becoming clear that on the pitch we're in a rot and its going to take some getting out of, I like Brendan and to be honest there isn't a right lot I'd argue with with what he does other than I don't think he utilises Stevie and Borini in roles that will get the best out of them, he'll sort it I reckon but it won't be a quick fix, lets hope he is backed in january, I feel Sturridge will add a lot to us

The trouble is, Rodgers is a manager full of potential that may take a few years to mature, plus our league position hardly inspires any top class stars to sign up, so it's not fully a case of money although it does help, but the current lack of opportunity available to stars, also our owners are not flush with cash, man u, city, chelsea and even spurs outbid us, our scouting system seems to have lost the ability to unearth cheap diamonds ie;:( rush aldridge among many more, unless we get a top class manager and a sugar daddy we are were we are for a while yet.

The trouble is, Rodgers is a manager full of potential that may take a few years to mature, plus our league position hardly inspires any top class stars to sign up, so it's not fully a case of money although it does help, but the current lack of opportunity available to stars, also our owners are not flush with cash, man u, city, chelsea and even spurs outbid us, our scouting system seems to have lost the ability to unearth cheap diamonds ie;:( rush aldridge among many more, unless we get a top class manager and a sugar daddy we are were we are for a while yet.

Cheap diamonds are normally unearthed these days when they are 10 years old, not playing for Chester or Oxford. There are obviously a couple out there, but if we bought one....half this site would be up in arms saying we should be going for Messi and not some unknown with potential. Internet and over exposure of the game has unearthed plenty of cunts, not so many great players.

Kenny was allowed to spend big, by Comolli. He built up the squad to a certain degree with that money. There is only one player, imo, in all the purchases, who was grossly over inflated - Andy Carroll.

To be quite honest, Carroll for £35m is enough reason to be sacked. With every passing day it just looks even worse, and if you aren't fucking seething about it even now then you don't grasp just how much money that is.

We mortgaged our future on a 2011 version of someone who was potentially as good as Niall Quinn or Duncan Ferguson. But he's likely not even going to reach their level of mediocrity.

Rodgers has done nothing to merit the inordinate benefit of the doubt he is getting from most fans

I see he is having a cut at Suarez now about damaging the clubs reputation - now that is so funny it makes me want to cry

Rodgers is the Liverpool manager. Until he does enough nasty things to change my mind, he gets the benefit of the doubt, and my support.

You can't get past your dislike of him, we all get that.

Rodgers is the Liverpool manager. Until he does enough nasty things to change my mind, he gets the benefit of the doubt, and my support.

You can't get past your dislike of him, we all get that.

I don't dislike him and you have no basis for that statemnt but I know its a useful ploy for you to discount the view that he should be sacked

However I dislike him being our manager

Yours and the collective blind faith in a man who has achieved nothing of note in his managerial career is part of the malaise by which this club slowly goes down the toilet