You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

I agree we were poor in the first half. It happens. They're a good team and controlled the first half. It happens to good teams and bad. Hell, it happened to United and City at Anfield; they had good enough squad for their performances to be unacceptable, but we got it right and they got it wrong (although, United's attack was, once again, razor sharp).

The boot was on the other foot for those 45 minutes in the first half. They controlled it, plus they had a sharper attack. We got two players on who are working their way up to match fitness, which is why things changed a bit more in the second half. Allen certainly stepped up in the second half, but was poor in the first. Same with Gerrard.

It just happens, I don't think it's a massive indicator of anything.

They should have been 4 - 0 up at half time

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I like the way Reina and Agger pass it between themselves' date=' real progress.[/quote']

Did you like the way we dictated play in the second half and our first choice attackers worked together, scored a goal and created a number of chances?

Probably not

Bizarre and meaningless.

How is it bizarre and meaningless. You said their attack was razor sharp, i disagreed saying they should have been 4-0 up at HT.

Can you also tell me why Skrtel for the 2nd goal is in the wall and Sterling and Johnson are picking up key players.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
How is it bizarre and meaningless.

Not scoring every opportunity doesn't mean their attack wasn't razor sharp. Goal line clearances happen, even to the top scoring side in the league. They quite clearly have a superb attack and demonstrated it again.

This 'should' have thing is nonsense. Every time their attack got on the ball they had us in trouble, and looked to create chances.

Sorry to have picked at two different things you have said today, i'm really not following you round, honestly, but you are surprised the Rodgers out thread wasn't bumped because we lost to a much better team with arguably one of the greatest managers of all time at their own ground?

edit. shouldn't really compliment Fergie without mentioning that he's a cunt.

No worries!

Yeah as you pointed out in your next post, I was more surprised that we could lose any game without the forum going in to meltdown!!

I never expect to win at Old Trafford, but I was hugely disappointed with the complete lack of effort in the first half and the lack of fight. One of my mates pointed out that most teams have actually put up a decent performance at Old Trafford this year, In comparison with most years, and West Ham gave a perfect example of how to exploit United at Upton park last weekend.

We are so predictable under Rodgers, which isn't helped by many of our players really struggling to adapt to the system in the first place. I also think Rodgers gives far too much away in press conferences too, some of his comments are cringe worthy, and constantly referring to us as 'the group' is really irritating.

Of his signings so far Allen hasn't really impressed enough, especially considering he is the one player in the squad that should really know his role in the team. Borini has been injured, so its too early to say and Sahin I don't believe was Rodgers signing.

My Gut feeling with Rodgers was that he wasn't the right man, so maybe I need a lot more convincing than others. I've not seen enough signs that we are making progress, I'd argue we're actually regressing, as we haven't beaten any of the top teams, don't look as strong defensively and seem to be making the same mistakes all over again in terms of transfers, overpaying for average players.

The squad we currently have isn't as bad as some people make out either.

I often think a squad is as strong as its weakest link,on the basis that if you have injuries to your key players you still need somebody capable to come in ad do a job. We don't have anybody here now that is completely out of their depth as a squad player. People will be quick to say Downing or Henderson, but both of these were first choice at mid table premier league clubs and both players struck me as being good squad players, but the mistake we made was paying prices that meant they would have to be first choice. Obviously this is nothing to do with Rodgers, and he seems to be getting more out of them this year to his credit.

I really think we need a manager with European experience. Ideally somebody who has managed at a high level, and really understands the expectations that come with it. I'd love Klopp, but he is out of our reach and seems settled at Dortmund. Unai Emery did a fantastic job in keeping Valencia competitive despite the off field issues, however he has just joined Sevilla. I don't really know enough about the French or Italian leagues to suggest any candidates from them, but I just feel they're must be better options out there.

I've been Rodgers' biggest critic thus far (I know, I've had a lot of competition for that title) but I was encouraged how he adapted to the realisation of that first half on Sunday. He was decisive in his changes and it nearly paid dividends.

Who knows he might be learning?I'm hoping he's not the imposter that he's looked in the first half of the season.

I see many people saying that we do not beat teams in the top half or we do not beat the same teams as last year.

I tend to be a bit old fashioned, I do not care one bit who we beat as long as we have the most points in the league. Good teams, bad teams, just go out and win. That way things will be OK.

Also, to me this team is not a poor one as far as players go. We do not get the best out of them for now, that much is simple to see. About half the season to go, we're on to about 53-54 points if we continue this way. I'd wish to change that somehow, with the present players.

Not scoring every opportunity doesn't mean their attack wasn't razor sharp. Goal line clearances happen, even to the top scoring side in the league. They quite clearly have a superb attack and demonstrated it again.

This 'should' have thing is nonsense. Every time their attack got on the ball they had us in trouble, and looked to create chances.

Whilst I agree that they're not blunt as a thumb up front, on Sunday their attack was mediocre at best.

Dont buy the hype.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Whilst I agree that they're not blunt as a thumb up front, on Sunday their attack was mediocre at best.

Dont buy the hype.

To be fair, they have performed incredibly this season. Van Persie is fucking lethal, then there's plenty of others around him who are capable of creating and scoring. For one, I don't think it's hype.

I've been Rodgers' biggest critic thus far (I know, I've had a lot of competition for that title) but I was encouraged how he adapted to the realisation of that first half on Sunday. He was decisive in his changes and it nearly paid dividends.

Who knows he might be learning?I'm hoping he's not the imposter that he's looked in the first half of the season.

You've been his biggest critic? Hmm seems like I missed those posts.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Out of curiosity' date=' who would you want as manager Frode?[/quote']

I want Code as our manager. We'd be the first team ever to finish in the position above first.