You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rodgers needs financial backing. FSG need to stump up money over these next two windows. There's no excuse not to. Only once he has had the chance to do that will we really know.

agreed, we should be doing better but its becoming clear that on the pitch we're in a rot and its going to take some getting out of, I like Brendan and to be honest there isn't a right lot I'd argue with with what he does other than I don't think he utilises Stevie and Borini in roles that will get the best out of them, he'll sort it I reckon but it won't be a quick fix, lets hope he is backed in january, I feel Sturridge will add a lot to us

Rodgers needs financial backing. FSG need to stump up money over these next two windows. There's no excuse not to. Only once he has had the chance to do that will we really know.

Agreed.

There are obviously things to be concerned about but lets see what happens when we have more than 1 fit goal scorer in our squad.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I agree that we should be doing better. Stoke and Villa results pissed me off. We should have won both of those. If we did what we should have, we'd be 1pt from the top four and in with a good shout after Christmas with new arrivals. Still, it wasn't to be. We need those arrivals over the next two windows and then next season is when the clock really starts running on Rodgers' time here. Assuming he has money to spend, of course.

He desperately needs financial backing and the opportunity (2 windows) to shape the squad in his image. No doubt in my mind that he deserves patience.

There's things I don't like and others I don't understand such as the Gerrard situation but I'm willing to still give him the benefit of the doubt. The addition of pace and goalscorers will absolutely transform this team.

Rodgers has a big job on, but hasn't helped himself either with his signings so far.

They've all been very underwhelming so far, like our results so far this season. Not sure how much Sturridge and Ince will push us on either.

But in essence, he needs both time and money as we are still light years behind most of the teams above us.

He was given a season to implement a structure and a philosophy. Top four would only have been a bonus this season - I generally don't think the owners are concerned with our position this season. As long as the right steps are being made. I said when he first came in, it would take three transfer windows before I'd sit down and judge him properly. You can't really implement a particular strategy when you don't have the specific players available.

Our scouting network wasn't even setup until September, and I suspect we'll not see the results of that until the summer window.

I have seen enough to feel we are going in the right direction under Rodgers. We can't panic and we can't rush this implementation. Draws against Everton, Swansea, City, and Sunderland were games we deserved the three points - we dominated those games and the likes of Sturridge will go along way of turning those draws into victories.

What's the point in sacking him we have had 4 managers in the last few years and there isn't a long list of world class managers (and a world class budget) who are desperate to join us.

He will be here next season as well so you might as well get behind him

We keep changing the manager but not the players, and it's the players that have been letting us down for the last 4 years. A team that consists of Reina Skrtel Johnson Agger Gerrard Carragher Lucas and Suarez shouldn't keep getting our managers the sack

He was given a season to implement a structure and a philosophy. Top four would only have been a bonus this season - I generally don't think the owners are concerned with our position this season. As long as the right steps are being made. I said when he first came in, it would take three transfer windows before I'd sit down and judge him properly. You can't really implement a particular strategy when you don't have the specific players available.

Our scouting network wasn't even setup until September, and I suspect we'll not see the results of that until the summer window.

I have seen enough to feel we are going in the right direction under Rodgers. We can't panic and we can't rush this implementation. Draws against Everton, Swansea, City, and Sunderland were games we deserved the three points - we dominated those games and the likes of Sturridge will go along way of turning those draws into victories.

I agree in part with what you're saying, but the owners originally wanted a DOF and a young coach, they wanted some kind of 'wise old head' to guide the inexperienced man, but because Rodgers (rightly) refused to tow that line all we were left with was the inexperienced man.

I think they're flying by the seat of their pants and they hope he has what it takes, just like we do, but that's all it is - hope.

There's nothing in Rodgers' background to make you think he's capable of anything like the kind of job needed to turn this club around, certainly not the kind of root and branch overhaul it needs.

Rodgers (rightly) refused to tow (sic) that line (a DOF).

v

There's nothing in Rodgers' background to make you think he's capable of anything like the kind of job needed to turn this club around, certainly not the kind of root and branch overhaul it needs.

How do you reconcile your two statements? The fact that Ayre could not even stand up to the only candidate with less PL experience than himself is evidence enough of FSG's incompetence.

The need for a wise head is glaring

Edited by xerxes

Rodgers in but he needs to improve as do the players. At this point with hodgson I was livid and wanted him gone so Rodgers is having it easier and that's despite having more to spend than hodgson. He's talked his way into one of the biggest clubs in the world talking wont keep him in it. Barring us ending the lower end of the bottom half he should get a seasons grace but next season I want clear improvement we don't have to waltz past teams but I don't want to see them waltz pass us. Shit we even get stoke fans mocking us these days, that's a low blow.

Rodgers in. Well said. Too much negativity building up around him. It is not helpful and it is too soon. I suspect we will finish about where we finished last season in the league. Not good enough, but too soon to pull the trigger. He needs three transfer windows, and then when we are deep into his second season it will be a lot more clear. If we are still languishing around 10th then by all means, pull the trigger. But we could just as easily be top four again, with a young team, and things could be looking up.

Keep the faith.

How do you reconcile your two statements? The fact that Ayre could not even stand up to the only candidate with less PL experience than himself is evidence enough of FSG's incompetence.

The need for a wise head is glaring

As in it was the right thing to do from Rodgers' point of view not to accept a nanny, I respect him for that, but t left us with one half of what the owners thought would be a two man team, one part of which was supposed to have the knowledge and experience some of us think we now lack.

We needed experience on and off the pitch, behind the scenes and on the training ground.