You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not boozing

Rico1304

I must be unusual because I can take or leave alcohol. I drank plenty over Christmas (of course, I wasn't paying for it, which helped) but will probably not drink now for months. I don't really understand why everyone else makes such a big deal of it. If you don't want to drink, don't drink. Simple.

I'm the same, something I've often raised in our past debates about drugs being the same as alcohol actually SD. I can have one beer quite easily, don't need to get pissed. If someone told me I couldn't drink again I wouldn't bat an eyelid. I like the odd night of drunken chaos though although they're getting more infrequent, but I will enjoy a couple of cold beers at home at the weekend now.

Is it a guy thing, this all or nothing behaviour? Wouldnt dream of giving anything up totally that I like.

I think its more an acceptance of a lack of complete control, certainly is for me. Or at least, its much easier. Rather than count how many beers I've had, I'd just go for a clean break. Perhaps a lack of patience to see results is also part of this.

Its not always a negative though. I think when this applies to diets, or just generally getting fitter, for e.g, its part of the reason that men just get it sorted. Women pat themselves on the back for having 7.2 less calories that week, or have a huge cry if the opposite has happened.

I guess when it comes to being overweight the problem for men often is beer, whilst its usually gateau for women.

I had 3 weeks off the ale at the end of November and that was pretty difficult, especially towards the end when I'd stocked up for Christmas.

I'm going to ease up this year, I don't drink a great deal but too many sessions have been getting far too messy recently. I suppose being single doesn't help that though!

I haven't had a drink for years and before that I didn't drink much. I think I've been drunk three times.

Not drinking doesn't really save that much as you still have to drink something on a night out and soft drinks can be just as expensive.

It's funny watching other people pissed.

Went to the gym today for the first time since finishing work for Christmas,stood on the scales and 98.8kg was looking back at me. Not good for 5 feet 8,fuck that's the heaviest I've ever been. Think I'd better knock the beer and the grub on the head for a bit.

And their was me blaming the wife for washing my jeans at too hot a temperature, giving the extra snug fit.

Went to the gym today for the first time since finishing work for Christmas' date='stood on the scales and 98.8kg was looking back at me. Not good for 5 feet 8,fuck that's the heaviest I've ever been. Think I'd better knock the beer and the grub on the head for a bit.

And their was me blaming the wife for washing my jeans at too hot a temperature, giving the extra snug fit.[/quote']

Are you sure those scales are right?

I'm not tee total or anything but can take it or leave it. I'll have the occasional couple of pints and very rarely have a night when I have any more than that.

Can't be arsed and don't really have any need for it. Was about 21 or 22 when I had my first bout of not drinking at all which lasted 2 or 3 years then I drank again for about a month and decided I couldn't be arsed anymore.

Job has ruined drinking for me. Expected to take visiting clients out a lot or to travel to them and let them take us out to show them their country. Hence I drink and eat out a few times a week and as such can rarely be bothered with more than a couple of pints at the weekend

In fairness the only time I really cane it is when we'are over for the f**ty. But those tend to be marathon sessions. The hangover these days destroys me. If it's a weekend game and I'm home for Monday I wouldn't be 100% recovered till Thursday sometimes Friday.

Having to be up for work at 4.30am puts a stop to the same kind of carry on at home ,thank god!!

I'm 10 days in now, granted for 8 of them I've been ill. Just been for my first run in 2 weeks and it hurt. Managed 5 miles though.

Don't fancy a beer yet, but be warned anyone doing this for the first time the 2nd weekend is the hardest as you feel great and full of energy. 3rd weekend is easier as you've done 21 days and might as well finish.

Love beer.

Having said that this summer I didn't do the usual which is go into the Canadian woods with a tent, Hibachi and cooler filled with beer. I think all summer I had 12 cans of lager and maybe a few glasses of wine.

There is nothing like that first pint of bitter when I come over or that first cold beer when camping with the smell of the forest.

I've starting making my own beer as well, made a stout from a kit and it wasn't quite Guiness but was decent.

Love beer.

Having said that this summer I didn't do the usual which is go into the Canadian woods with a tent' date=' Hibachi and cooler filled with beer.[b']I think all summer I had 12 cans of lager and maybe a few glasses of wine.[/b]

There is nothing like that first pint of bitter when I come over or that first cold beer when camping with the smell of the forest.

I've starting making my own beer as well, made a stout from a kit and it wasn't quite Guiness but was decent.

Say it ain't so...

Say it ain't so...

Yes it was so. From aboot early June to mid-August.

From early April to mid-June it there was a fair amount of consumption though. Went to an NBA game, a MLS game, spent two weeks in Paris and Auxerre for a couple of days, had Hockey Canada AGM in Halifax so was only home for maybe two weeks in two months (beer, wine and spirits are not available where I live- have to get a permit and then have it flown in). So when I'm out its time to imbibe.