You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not boozing

Rico1304

On 28/06/2022 at 20:04, Rico1304 said:

When I don’t booze I can’t go out with my mates as they annoy the fuck out of me. 

Hahahahaha this is too true. I sat in a car for 3 hours with my mate sober a few weeks ago, I nearly slammed the handbrake on on the motorway he was boiling my piss that much. He was driving and called me rude for being on my phone while he has to drive. He'd just dropped his dog off at ours for two weeks and all. Cheeky bastard, and he was being serious! I ended up getting some cans from a service station which cheered him up no end! Funnily enough a few beers later and everything was rosy again. 

I turned up to a TSOP sober once and they'd been drinking all afternoon so were pissed (yes you Turdseye) I won't be making that mistake again.  

My mate slept in a doorway last night after a massive bender.

He spent four hours trying to get in to the wrong house and eventually gave up and slept in a door way.

He's still in bed now after finding his way home at half six this morning, we’re trying to reason with him.

This is a reasonable existence and one you sober people are missing out on.

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

My mate slept in a doorway last night after a massive bender.

He spent four hours trying to get in to the wrong house and eventually gave up and slept in a door way.

He's still in bed now after finding his way home at half six this morning, we’re trying to reason with him.

This is a reasonable existence and one you sober people are missing out on.

If he'd have been trying most doors he'd have had a good kicking too.

On 03/07/2022 at 11:21, Bruce Spanner said:

Pretty sure I've cracked a couple of ribs last night in a bar.

Worth every second of pain for the night we had.

Three fractured ribs and some internal bleeding, confirmed earlier.

Sobriety can do one, this is much better.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Nothing funnier than watching a fella with cracked ribs laughing.

HAH!

Mates called me a malingerer and told me to 'stop crying' and took me for another night out the day after, which was admittedly great in the end, but obviously I was having difficulty breathing as my lungs were filling with blood and whatnot.

Still better than a night on the couch.