You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win"

Springer

Just thought I'd remind people about these words from Shanks. Since I need to be reminded about them myself sometimes.

We've been through some turbulent years with this club. It is easy to point to scapegoats and turn on each other. In the midst of all the fighting we forget what it means to be supporters of this club. It's not like any other club. This is a very special club. You did not chose it. You were chosen. Remember.

So, to all you moaners and idiots out there, please do go and f##k yourselves :biggrin:

I always thought that was a Shanks quote? But hey ho. If its not, the sentiment is still there. Far be it from me to get into a playground spat on a forum so ill just accept that someone else is right. If you wanted support and agreement for that quote Springer....I'm guessing you've come to the wrong place.

First is first, second is nothing.

Thats an actual quote from Shankly.

Yeah, that was in the days when that quote was actually correct, its not now though. Rightly or wrongly, the game has changed.Code, would we be in such a mess now if we'd had finished 4th last season? I think we'd have got more backing from the owners, we'd have been a more attractive proposition to better quality players. But, hey, we won the Carling Cup, so we had a successful season. So 2nd is nowhere? 2nd=10th=nowhere. Lets fuck the rest of the season off then & concentrate on the Cups. You are on record as saying if we finish outside of Europe this season, Rodgers should get the boot. What would happen if we won a cup, that would make it a successful season wouldn't it? Because we exist to win things, not finish in the top 6.

Yeah, that was in the days when that quote was actually correct, its not now though. Rightly or wrongly, the game has changed.Code, would we be in such a mess now if we'd had finished 4th last season? I think we'd have got more backing from the owners, we'd have been a more attractive proposition to better quality players. But, hey, we won the Carling Cup, so we had a successful season. So 2nd is nowhere? 2nd=10th=nowhere. Lets fuck the rest of the season off then & concentrate on the Cups. You are on record as saying if we finish outside of Europe this season, Rodgers should get the boot. What would happen if we won a cup, that would make it a successful season wouldn't it? Because we exist to win things, not finish in the top 6.

If we win a cup he obviously stays as he will have show he can actually win something.

I don't see how people airing their views on a subject on the internet is the same as not supporting the club. Of all the big clubs a Liverpool crowd is probably the least likely to boo or call for a manager's head.

Can we safely assume fuck all people on here actually go to the game then?