You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation Plus

Elite

I jumped on that XBL deal this week too. I used to get more value out of PS+ because of owning a PS3 and Vita, but I'll ditch the PS3 soon, and the Vita games are dwindling. With backwards compatibility coming to the One, Gold is starting to look the better deal.

Cheers for that. A few pounds off seems about the best I can hope for, though I'm not on Facebook.

For the first time I'm considering letting the subscription lapse. I thought they'd integrate PS Now into it somehow, or at least start drip feeding the launch PS4 games into it.

If you want the extra 5% discount code, just drop me a PM and I'll fire the latest code over to you. The generated codes don't last too long, though I'm not sure on the exact timings. I'd guess that they refresh/regenerate every hour, or so.

As RK said, the discount for PSN never seems to be that great, and I don't really get how CDKeys can get such deep discount on XBL in comparison to PSN.

I have seen PSN memberships advertised a little cheaper on sites other than CDKeys in the past, but they're the sort of sites I'd not recommend anyone using as they don't look altogether legit.

• Upvote 1

If you want the extra 5% discount code, just drop me a PM and I'll fire the latest code over to you. The generated codes don't last too long, though I'm not sure on the exact timings. I'd guess that they refresh/regenerate every hour, or so.

As RK said, the discount for PSN never seems to be that great, and I don't really get how CDKeys can get such deep discount on XBL in comparison to PSN.

I have seen PSN memberships advertised a little cheaper on sites other than CDKeys in the past, but they're the sort of sites I'd not recommend anyone using as they don't look altogether legit.

Cheers for that mate, I may take you up on that offer at some point.

For now though, I think I'm going to let my sub lapse. I've built a huge backlog of titles that need to be played, and I've a feeling I've overlooked some gems that I've downloaded and never played. I've got loads of single player games like Grim Fandango and Witcher 3 to finish too.

• 3 weeks later...

They've shortened the IGC videos to show just the main PS4 titles for the month, so here's the post from the PlayStation Blog.

PlayStation Blog

The summer is over and the nights are drawing in but on the bright side that means we can spend more time losing ourselves in the world of videogames, with a fresh batch of PlayStation Plus games on their way to your system of choice.

Take note that as of the 6th October we will be removing Driveclub PS Plus Edition from the Monthly Games catalogue so if you haven’t had a chance to download it yet make sure your grab it before it disappears.

Without further ado, here are the games coming your way on 6th October:

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

The line-up wouldn’t be complete without two additional titles apiece for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and October is no exception. That leaves the full run-down looking like this:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
Amnesia: Collection (PS4)
RIGS: Mechanised Combat League (PS Plus Bonus – PSVR Required)
That’s You (PS Plus Bonus – PlayLink)
Monster Jam Battlegrounds (PS3)
Hustle Kings (PS3)
Hue (PS Vita & PS4)
Sky Force Anniversary (PS Vita & PS4)

October’s games will be available to download from PlayStation Store from 3rd October. Until then, you still have a full week to pick up any games you might have missed from September’s PS Plus line-up. Here’s a quick reminder:

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
Child of Light (PS4)
Truck Racer (PS3)
Handball 2016 (PS3)
We Are Doomed (PS Vita & PS4)
Hatoful Boyfriend (PS4 & PS Vita)

• 1 month later...

PS+ November

Worms Battlegrounds (PS4)
Bound (PS4/PS VR)
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS Plus bonus – PS VR Required)
That’s You! (PS Plus bonus – PlayLink)
R-Type Dimensions (PS3)
Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic (PS3)
Dungeon Punks (PS Vita & PS4)
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse [Ep. 1 & 2] (PS Vita)

And that’s your November line-up, available to download from 7th November. In the meantime, there’s a little over a week left, if you still haven’t picked up everything from October’s line-up. A handy reminder, lest you forgot:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
Amnesia: Collection (PS4)
RIGS: Mechanised Combat League (PS Plus Bonus – PSVR Required)
That’s You (PS Plus Bonus – PlayLink)
Monster Jam Battlegrounds (PS3)
Hustle Kings (PS3)
Hue (PS Vita & PS4)
Sky Force Anniversary (PS Vita & PS4)

• 1 month later...

PS+ January

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4)
StarBlood Arena (PS Plus bonus – PS VR required)
Sacred 3 (PS3)
Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3)
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (PS Vita)
Uncanny Valley (PS Vita & PS4)

All the above (except for That’s You, which is available to download now) will be available on PlayStation Store from 2nd January. That gives you a few more days, if you need them, to pick up December’s titles:

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition (PS4)
Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of the Legendary Legends (PS4)
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS Plus bonus – PS VR Required)
Xblaze Lost: Memories (PS3)
Syberia Collection (PS3)
Forma 8 (PS Vita & PS4)
Wanted Corp (PS Vita)

• 1 month later...

PS+ February

Here’s how the full February line-up looks:

Knack (PS4)
RiME (PS4)
Spelunker HD (PS3)
Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
Exiles End (PS Vita)
Grand Kingdom (PS Vita & PS4)

All the above will be available to download on PlayStation Store from 6th February, so in the meantime, why not check out January’s line up and make sure you didn’t miss anything:

Sacred 3 (PS3)

PS+ February

Here’s how the full February line-up looks:

Knack (PS4)

RiME (PS4)

Spelunker HD (PS3)

Mugen Souls Z (PS3)

Exiles End (PS Vita)

All the above will be available to download on PlayStation Store from 6th February, so in the meantime, why not check out January’s line up and make sure you didn’t miss anything:

Sacred 3 (PS3)

Fucking hell we've got Knack.

It's been rumoured to be on PS+ every month for about the last 4 years, became a bit of a running joke.

No idea if it's any good like, just think it's funny we finally got it.

Is it any good?  

Certainly room for improvement. I do believe that they are working on an updated model right now that will be a little lighter and will include a built in headset. One of the bug bears I have is getting the headphones to fit comfortably over the VR headset. So much so that I've used my IEMs more often than my over ear headphones.

You certainly feel the sensation of playing in VR afterward, or I do at least. I reckon I could do 2 hour gaming sessions at a push before having to take a break. I get proper hot when I'm playing games with it on. Farpoint in particular made me a right sweaty mess...

I've used it mostly for 3D BluRay, which quite frankly is fantastic.

Certainly room for improvement. I do believe that they are working on an updated model right now that will be a little lighter and will include a built in headset. One of the bug bears I have is getting the headphones to fit comfortably over the VR headset. So much so that I've used my IEMs more often than my over ear headphones.

You certainly feel the sensation of playing in VR afterward, or I do at least. I reckon I could do 2 hour gaming sessions at a push before having to take a break. I get proper hot when I'm playing games with it on. Farpoint in particular made me a right sweaty mess...

I've used it mostly for 3D BluRay, which quite frankly is fantastic.

It sounds great to me.  I'm keen to get hold of it, but not at the current prices.

I will get one when the technology is reasonably priced.  Until then I'm going retro all the way.  

• 4 weeks later...

PS+ March

The line-up for March is highlighted by 2 AAA titles.

Bloodborne (PS4)
Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
Legend of Kay Anniversary (PS3)
Mighty No. 9 (PS3 and PS4)
Claire: Extended Cut (PS Vita and PS4)
Bombing Busters (PS Vita and PS4)

All these will be available to download from PlayStation Store from 6th March, meaning you’ve still got a few more days to grab any titles you might have missed from last month. A quick reminder of those:

Knack (PS4)
RiME (PS4)
Spelunker HD (PS3)
Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
Exiles End (PS Vita)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...