You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation Plus

Elite

I read about the 'compensation' earlier, and didn't think it would go down too well.

However, that said, I was of the thought that there would be nothing at all, so something's better than nothing. Right?

In all honesty, I don't believe that Sony really had to provide any form of compensatory package, as the DDoS attack on them was not of their making, and these DDoS attacks are near impossible to prevent. So, to my mind, the Terms of Service were not breached by any negligence on their part.

If you're not too familiar with DDoS, have a read of this article on Kotaku.

EDIT: Oh, and it's more than what Microsoft have offered...

I read about the 'compensation' earlier, and didn't think it would go down too well.

However, that said, I was of the thought that there would be nothing at all, so something's better than nothing. Right?

In all honesty, I don't believe that Sony really had to provide any form of compensatory package, as the DDoS attack on them was not of their making, and these DDoS attacks are near impossible to prevent. So, to my mind, the Terms of Service were not breached by any negligence on their part.

If you're not too familiar with DDoS, have a read of this article on Kotaku.

EDIT: Oh, and it's more than what Microsoft have offered...

I don't know about that. I got the special thank you from Microsoft for buying an Xbox One during its first year. A clip art avatar and a "limited edition poster" which just has your name scrawled across it. Oh, and it's emailed to you, so you have to print it out yourself. Talk about pouring salt into the wound of a hasty price cut.

• 2 weeks later...

The 10% discount code is now available at PlayStation Blog.

The code for the UK is T6R3KB529K.

The code for Ireland is C4EFQJ4KFB.

For the rest of Europe, check the link above. If you're outside Europe, then check the regional blog site, as appropriate.

Claim your PlayStation Store discount from 9.00am GMT today

As detailed earlier this week, all PSN members can claim a 10% discount on PlayStation Store content this weekend, from 9.00am this morning until 9.00am on 26th January.

Please see below for the unique discount code for your territory.

To recap, some exceptions do apply, including subscriptions for PS Plus, Music Unlimited, rental video content, pre-orders and transactions made on PlayStation Store via the PS Vita, PlayStation TV or PSP content (if you want to purchase PS Vita or PSP content, you can do so via the webstore). The 10% promo will stack on top of existing sale discounts, as announced this Wednesday.

The code is a one off discount, so if you want to apply it to multiple items, be sure to add them all to your basket before proceeding to the checkout. (Maximum number of items in the basket is 10).

Transistor, the top-notch second title from Bastion developer Supergiant Games, will be free to download next month via PlayStation Plus.

Subscribers will be able to nab a PS4 copy of the game from 4th February, alongside Greek-themed 2D adventure Apotheon.

PlayStation 3 owners get Thief and Yakuza 4 for free, meanwhile.

If you have a PlayStation Vita, your free games are procedurally-generated 2D platformer Rogue Legacy and indie 3D adventure Kick and Fennick.

It's worth pointing out that Rogue Legacy is actually a Cross-Buy game, meaning that its inclusion as one of next month's free Vita titles also enables you to download it on PS3 and PS4. Nice!

This month's PlayStation Plus freebies - inFamous First Light, The Swapper, Prototype 2, DuckTales Remastered, Woah Dave! and Duke Nukem: 3D Megaton Edition - will remain available until 3rd February, so you've only got a few days left to make them yours.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...