You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation Plus

Elite

36 minutes ago, Elite said:

Is battlefront any good? Its mostly multiplayer isn't it?

The first one is virtually completely multiplayer. Battlefront 2 though is campaign plus multiplayer. I think it's pretty good as a single player experience but fallen order is better. 

39 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

The first one is virtually completely multiplayer. Battlefront 2 though is campaign plus multiplayer. I think it's pretty good as a single player experience but fallen order is better. 

I've not played COD WW2 either weighing up whether to renew ps plus, still got Nioh2 and Arkham Knight on my hard drive as well but need the subscription to play them.

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've not played COD WW2 either weighing up whether to renew ps plus, still got Nioh2 and Arkham Knight on my hard drive as well but need the subscription to play them.

Mine autorenewed which I wasn't happy about, about £50 for the year.

If I had games I wanted to play on it, it's a no brainer at £30...

https://www.shopto.net/en/dls55907-playstation-plus-12-month-membership-p113292/

23 hours ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

Mine autorenewed which I wasn't happy about, about £50 for the year.

If I had games I wanted to play on it, it's a no brainer at £30...

https://www.shopto.net/en/dls55907-playstation-plus-12-month-membership-p113292/

I usually just pay £7 for a month if there's a game I like as most of the time don't use it. £30 is a good deal though.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

I usually just pay £7 for a month if there's a game I like as most of the time don't use it. £30 is a good deal though.

Did you get Nioh 2 for £7?

16 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

Did you get Nioh 2 for £7?

No, I had a years subscription until a few months ago so just downloaded a few games but never got around to playing them. I just didn't feel it was worth £40-£50 to renew as I haven't been on my PS4 lately and often buy newish games.

So the £7 is the monthly price for PS plus that can be cancelled at any time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

PlayStation have today announced the new PlayStation Plus membership tiers that will be replacing the existing PS Plus and PS Now subscription services. The rollout of the new tiers begins in June.

Official PlayStation Blog post here.

The 3 tiers are:

PlayStation Plus Essential

• Benefits
    • Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:
      • Two monthly downloadable games
      • Exclusive discounts
      • Cloud storage for saved games
      • Online multiplayer access
    • There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.                             
  • Price* for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.
    • United States
      • $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly 
    • Japan
      • ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly

PlayStation Plus Extra

• Benefits
    • Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier
    • Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.
  • Price*:
    • United States
      • $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly 
    • Japan
      • ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly

PlayStation Plus Premium** 

• Benefits:
    • Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
    • Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
      • PS3 games available via cloud streaming
      • A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations 
    • Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.*** 
    • Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
  • Price*:
    • United States
      • $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly 
    • Japan
      • ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly

4 hours ago, Dynamite said:

PlayStation have today announced the new PlayStation Plus membership tiers that will be replacing the existing PS Plus and PS Now subscription services. The rollout of the new tiers begins in June.

Official PlayStation Blog post here.

The 3 tiers are:

PlayStation Plus Essential

• Benefits
    • Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:
      • Two monthly downloadable games
      • Exclusive discounts
      • Cloud storage for saved games
      • Online multiplayer access
    • There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.                             
  • Price* for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.
    • United States
      • $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly 
    • Japan
      • ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly

PlayStation Plus Extra

• Benefits
    • Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier
    • Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.
  • Price*:
    • United States
      • $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly 
    • Japan
      • ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly

PlayStation Plus Premium** 

• Benefits:
    • Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
    • Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
      • PS3 games available via cloud streaming
      • A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations 
    • Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.*** 
    • Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
  • Price*:
    • United States
      • $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
    • Europe
      • €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
    • United Kingdom
      • £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly 
    • Japan
      • ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly

Looks good that, Al. Be interesting to see what classics they make available.

1 minute ago, Byrnie said:

Looks good that, Al. Be interesting to see what classics they make available.

You can check the current list of PlayStation Now games here.

(This list contains all PS2, PS3 & PS4 games that you'd be able to access if you subbed to the PS+ Premium service - Only PS4 games would be available on the PS+ Extra subscription).

One thing PlayStation have said with the new service is that newly released first-party titles will not be added to the Premium service upon release - they haven't though made any mention of how long it would take a new title to hit the Premium service.

If I can get myself back into gaming, I might check out Premium for a month before committing to an annual sub. If I don't find myself playing enough of the content to justify the sub, I'll just stick to what I already have, which will be the newly rebranded PS+ Essential service.

19 hours ago, Dynamite said:

You can check the current list of PlayStation Now games here.

(This list contains all PS2, PS3 & PS4 games that you'd be able to access if you subbed to the PS+ Premium service - Only PS4 games would be available on the PS+ Extra subscription).

One thing PlayStation have said with the new service is that newly released first-party titles will not be added to the Premium service upon release - they haven't though made any mention of how long it would take a new title to hit the Premium service.

If I can get myself back into gaming, I might check out Premium for a month before committing to an annual sub. If I don't find myself playing enough of the content to justify the sub, I'll just stick to what I already have, which will be the newly rebranded PS+ Essential service.

I've gotten back into gaming a bit since we got the PS5. It's hard to get playing it without my son though!!

I might do what you said and try it for a month first to see if we'll actually get the value out of it. 

It's a start but not a patch on game pass as it stands, you're going to be getting less for more in comparison.

Xbox Series S with game pass is still the best value in console gaming 

(speaking as a PS5 owner who's never bought an X-Box).

I have PS Now at the moment, it's more than enough, so not worried about comparisons with X box.

I like the timed trial model they're adding more than anything. Perfectly fine with buying my games, but definitely prefer to have that ability to test things out. 

I find the game passes to be 99 percent shite I've zero interest in. On both ps5 and XBox I can imagine if you've got kids or are a proper gamer who plays all kinds of games from indie to triple A then its great value. I still pay for them but I don't really get much out of them. I generally buy a game I really want when it comes out, they don't seem to come about that often that it's frivolous spending.

20 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I find the game passes to be 99 percent shite I've zero interest in. On both ps5 and XBox I can imagine if you've got kids or are a proper gamer who plays all kinds of games from indie to triple A then its great value. I still pay for them but I don't really get much out of them. I generally buy a game I really want when it comes out, they don't seem to come about that often that it's frivolous spending.

That's where I am, I'm more selective in what games I buy as I get older but if I'd had game pass when I was a kid I'd have died of rickets.

8 hours ago, Rafiagra said:

Subbed to a year of PS Now with a view to it being converted to Premium. Hardly get time to play nowadays so hopefully this gives me a decent selection on PS5 games when it launches

I saw something about this being a route to discounted premium that sony have stopped. You might still be able to do it somehow but probably wise to check you can convert it still.