You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

The risk with Pellegrini was twofold.Firstly, his experience was Hispanic only at a time when we needed someone to hit the ground running, the fact that Hodgson fitted that bill but still failed is irrelevant to the initial risk assessment. Secondly, he couldnt handle the politics and profile at Madrid, he would have found it no easier here with even less of a suport network.

You are wrong on Van Gaal. he has no long term ambitions as manager, but he would have loved to have reshaped LFc into a winning outfit andd would have been a formidable DOF.

No you are wrong.

Categorically wrong.

Ayre offered him the job of sporting director when he met him at his home in Spain. He declined saying he'd rather be manager.

Ayre has admitted this himself.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I going on about Hodgson in a Brendan Rodgers thread (I don't hear you ask)? Well, what Hodgson says in that interview about his approach to the game reads well, and will certainly impress people who are not 'football people'. Apart from being endorsed by many in the game, Purslow et al were clearly impressed by Hodgson's spiel and gave him the job on that basis. Brendan Rodgers impressed the top dogs at FSG (and their unknown cabal of advisors) with his 180-page manifesto and his ability to talk a good game. Neither Purslow et al nor FSG are 'football people' yet felt empowered enough to make that key hiring decision.

I know it hurts to even think, but these two persons could very well be part of the group of "secret advisores", operating behind the scenes:

Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher hail the arrival of new Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson | Mail Online

No you are wrong.Categorically wrong.Ayre offered him the job of sporting director when he met him at his home in Spain. He declined saying he'd rather be manager.Ayre has admitted this himself.

We will have to disagree.

Logically your suggestion makes no sense. LVG as manager, with a commitment at that stage to have a DOF? Never.

And you are suggesting that FSG would have appointed LVG as DOF, but not manager?

Self evidently wrong.

We will have to disagree.

Logically your suggestion makes no sense. LVG as manager, with a commitment at that stage to have a DOF? Never.

And you are suggesting that FSG would have appointed LVG as DOF, but not manager?

Self evidently wrong.

Sigh.

No it isn't. Ayre approached him to be sporting director. He said no. He wants to be manager.

Also there was a commitment to a sporting director prior to Rodgers. Pep Segura.

Now Segura is no longer with the club.

It's not that much of a leap to establish a process whereby Van Gaal puts his foot down and the directors cave in.

Because that's exactly what happened with Rodgers.

I'm sorry xerxes but you are wrong Van Gaal was approached but wanted to be manager, hence why Segura suddenly became the new candidate to be sporting director and not Van Gaal.

Don't want him sacked. I hope he gets this season and barring any catastrophic dips in form I hope he gets next season too as I want to see how he does.

But being honest and its probably worrying, I wouldn't be all that pissed off if he got sacked.

Theres a lot I like about him but I'm pretty convinced at this point hes fucked unless he starts to adapt his "system" and stops doing baffling shit like giving Joe Cole minutes.

I'm hoping he adapts and is learning as hes going.

We should hold our nerve and back our man. Rodgers should get three windows, and then deep into next season we will be able to form a proper judgment. Unless we have unlimited funds, it is pointless chopping and changing the manager all the time. Back the fella and see what he can do with a fair crack of the whip. I don't like what the fan base is becoming. No patience. Little ability to see the big picture. We are better than this.

I think people are entitled to all sorts of opinions, whether I agree with them or not.

I'm not depriving anybody of an opinion. I'm also more than within my right to state how idiotic, or not, I deem that opinion to be.

And I am, is that what you're saying?

Now KNEEL BEFORE ANUBIS!

I don't see you offering much of an opinion on the manager so I wouldn't have you down as a knee jerker - you certainly seem to have a hard on for me, though. I'm not quite sure what aspects of my "superfan" tendencies rankle with you but I never thought supporting the Manager and players, even in moments of adversity, was seen as a bad thing.

It's a shame because I respect a lot of what you post and tend to agree with you on most subjects.

I'm all for healthy skepticism and constructive criticism, but much of what goes on after every defeat or draw is reactionary, knee jerk nonsense. So I tend to pull people up on it. If that makes me a superfan then I guess I better order a cape.

The poll options seem a bit weighted for me' date=' therefore I did not vote. I know it is my duty as a citizen of... let's say the world, but I just thought on this occasion I would give it a miss.[/quote']

Only if there were a better manager available, but there isn't, so for now we are stuck with him.

He should never have been given the job, we are one of the biggest clubs in the world and should have one of the best managers

best managers were not remotely interested in a former has been club and that is what we are at the moment.

Not suprised such a ridiculous thread was started by Code, more surprised by the number of posters who actually replied to it.

A better Poll would be who would you replace him with and when you start to think logically about that you might just start to support the current manager

Bring back Roy:

* Hodgson's first 19 league games

W7 D4 L8 F23 A24 Pts25 Pos 9th

* Rodgers' first 19 league games

W6 D7 L6 F28 A26 Pts25 Pos 10th

The lowering of expectations are staggering.

How and when performances like we have seen this season have become anything else than utter unacceptable I'll never know.

Rodgers vs Kenny

Round 1: 18th vs 5th

Round 2: 16th vs 5th

Round 3: 18th vs 3rd

Round 4: 17th vs 6th

Round 5: 18th vs 8th

Round 6: 14th vs 5th

Round 7: 14th vs 5th

Round 8: 12th vs 5th , Suarez racism row game

Round 9: 12th vs 6th

Round 10: 12th vs 6th

Round 11: 13th vs 6th

Round 12: 11th vs 6th

Round 13: 11th vs 6th

Round 14: 12th vs 7th

Round 15: 11th vs 6th

Round 16: 10th vs 6th

Round 17: 12th vs 6th

Round 18: 8th vs 6th

Round 19: 10th vs 6th

Round 20: 10th vs 6th

Round 21: ?? vs 7th.

Round 22: ?? vs 7th.

Round 23: ?? vs 6th.

Round 24: ?? vs 7th.

Round 25: ?? vs 7th.

Round 26: ?? vs 7th.

Round 27: ?? vs 7th.

Round 28: ?? vs 7th.

Round 29: ?? vs 7th.

Round 30: ?? vs 7th.

Round 31: ?? vs 8th,

Round 32: ?? vs 8th.

Round 33: ?? vs 8th.

Round 34: ?? vs 8th.

Round 35: ?? vs 8th.

Round 36: ?? vs 8th.

Round 37: ?? vs 8th.

Round 38: ?? vs 8th.

Will Rodgers ever get above Kenny from last season?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What 'round' did Suarez come back from his ban. It's not like we didn't have a £35m striker of the managers choice to call on. If only Rodgers had another striker he bought for £35m.