Quantcast
If Rodgers was sacked tomorrow? - Page 11 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

Wow, talk about totally missing the point.

Dalglish spoke time and again about Carroll being a long term signing. Dalglish was their for the betterment of the club, not himself, he wasn't there to save his own skin, the club went before him.

It's simply explained, when Carroll was signed Dalglish was caretaker manager, he'd been in the job a matter of days. Was he consulted? I'm sure he was. Was he responsible for the transfer strategy put in place? Don't be silly. Did he have full control of who came in and who went out? Again - don't be silly.

This is applying context, do you see?

Rodgers claims he has full control but what do the activities in the last transfer window suggest? That he doesn't have full control despite him claiming he does.

Applying context. It's a wonderful thing to do.

I think you need help

You seem to doubt Kenny's sincerity in wanting to promote unity and bring stability to the club,which he did.

Not quite sure how you got there, Vlad. I absolutely agree Kenny's aim was to unify, and bring stability to, the club

I accept your point, managers do say all sorts of shit. Thing is, he said this after he left. I think you make a fair point in so far as the fee goes, I do think you underestimate the level of impact he had in choosing the signings. He was there for a number of weeks before, and was given the job for the next few months at least, and he already had a position at the club prior to that.

He wanted Carroll, I think that's clear. Well, it's clear to me anyway.

He'd been in the job a matter of days. It's misleading to say he had a position at the club prior to that when we know he had chosen to walk away after Hodgson was appointed. Rafa did send Dalglish to watch Suarez at Ajax, we also know Dalglish was a fan of Carroll before he was signed. Did he think the 2 could play together? We don't know that. Such is the lack of strategy filtering down from up top we on the outside have to try and put the pieces together so it's somewhat dangerous to arrive at one particular conclusion. Same applies to the situation with Rodgers now.

I think you need help

Oh, right because I'm dealing in context.

Wacky, that.

Some juice.

Dalglish formations 11/12:

4-4-2: 17 8 4 5 24-15 28p

4-5-1: 7 5 1 1 13-7 16p

4-1-4-1: 6 1 1 4 8-11 4p

4-3-3: 5 0 2 3 1-5 2p

4-4-1-1: 1 0 1 0 1-1 1p

4-2-3-1: 1 0 0 1 0-1 0p

3-4-2-1: 1 0 1 0 0-0 1p

Rodgers formations 12/13:

4-3-3: 11 4 3 4 15-16 15p

4-2-3-1: 7 2 3 2 12-9 9p

3-4-1-2: 1 0 1 0 1-1 1p

Both Comolli and Kenny have been clear on Carroll that he was Comollis suggestion and Kenny just said he was fine with it when asked about him when Comolli thought he could get him.

But by all means continue to use it as a stick to beat Kenny with even if he only started Carroll 21 times in the league last season.

Both Comolli and Kenny have been clear on Carroll that he was Comollis suggestion and Kenny just said he was fine with it when asked about him when Comolli thought he could get him.

But by all means continue to use it as a stick to beat Kenny with even if he only started Carroll 21 times in the league last season.

Love how all the shite under Dalglish can be explained away but any mistake by Rodgers is hammered, good work.

He'd been in the job a matter of days. It's misleading to say he had a position at the club prior to that when we know he had chosen to walk away after Hodgson was appointed. Rafa did send Dalglish to watch Suarez at Ajax, we also know Dalglish was a fan of Carroll before he was signed. Did he think the 2 could play together? We don't know that. Such is the lack of strategy filtering down from up top we on the outside have to try and put the pieces together so it's somewhat dangerous to arrive at one particular conclusion. Same applies to the situation with Rodgers now.

Oh, right because I'm dealing in context.

Wacky, that.

I think only one of us is "wacky" mate.

Nah, you need to read the whole thread. He said Cole in response to what I was saying about Carroll.

Ah, gotcha. Get the doll back out then, just don't stick pins in its legs.

I think only one of us is "wacky" mate.

Yeah, great debating mon. No response apart from 'you're wacky'.

And you pay money for the privilege.

I accept your point, managers do say all sorts of shit. Thing is, he said this after he left. I think you make a fair point in so far as the fee goes, I do think you underestimate the level of impact he had in choosing the signings. He was there for a number of weeks before, and was given the job for the next few months at least, and he already had a position at the club prior to that.

He wanted Carroll, I think that's clear. Well, it's clear to me anyway.

Did he want to sell Torres though? Or was the decision made for him? That's not clear, not to me at least.

If selling Torres was presented to him as a fait accompli, then his "I wanted Carroll" line looks very different, given that the alternative would have been not replacing Torres at all.

Why would I debate with you? I think you're strange.

It's a forum for discussion. You can explain away my posts or be dismissive.

I think you're a bit dull cos you've gone for the latter.

It's a forum for discussion. You can explain away my posts or be dismissive.

I think you're a bit dull cos you've gone for the latter.

You're right actually, dull as ditch water I am.

You're right actually, dull as ditch water I am.

Yeah, good way to try and maintain some sort of authority in a debate.

Be dismissive.

'Kenny was caretaker manager when we signed Carroll.'

Whoa, you cant say that you crazy bastard.

Context? CONTEXT? Pah.

Yeah, good way to try and maintain some sort of authority in a debate.

Be dismissive.

'Kenny was caretaker manager when we signed Carroll.'

Whoa, you cant say that you crazy bastard.

Context? CONTEXT? Pah.

No you misunderstand me, I really am as dull as ditch water.

No you misunderstand me, I really am as dull as ditch water.

And I'm really strange but that's by the by, what about the points being made?

Context is good, no?

Totally untrue.

Comolli's double page Times interview explicitly stated that Kenny was keen to recruit a traditional centre forward in the Shearer mode which had served him so well at Blackburn.

The idea that Comolli, whose knowledge of players was pretty much exclusively of french and London based players "suggested" Carroll and kenny just went along with it is risible.

I'd be very angry and wonder where the owners think they were taking the club. Plus it's the complete wrong time as rafa isn't available until the summer.

Haha fuck off mate, that last line made me laugh far more than it should.

Totally untrue.

Comolli's double page Times interview explicitly stated that Kenny was keen to recruit a traditional centre forward in the Shearer mode which had served him so well at Blackburn.

The idea that Comolli, whose knowledge of players was pretty much exclusively of french and London based players "suggested" Carroll and kenny just went along with it is risible.

Totally true.

When did the Times article become the bible by the way?

Haha fuck off mate, that last line made me laugh far more than it should.

Haha know what you mean there code as if Rafa is going to touch a club as far away as us of winning major honours when he can stay at one who will.....

Oh and by the summer will probably have won a major honour under his tenure too.

What would you feel about it?

Depends who we're bringing in.

If say it's Rafa, then I'd be okay with it. I think.

Depends who we're bringing in.

If say it's Rafa, then I'd be okay with it. I think.

Agreed.

I find it inspiring how Rafa can walk into a club, where all the fans absolutely hate him, and yet do a great job. Nerves of steel that one

I'm always suspicious when the media gives our current managers such an easy time (Rodgers, Hodgson). They seem so pleased we've faded into mediocrity