You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accept your point, managers do say all sorts of shit. Thing is, he said this after he left. I think you make a fair point in so far as the fee goes, I do think you underestimate the level of impact he had in choosing the signings. He was there for a number of weeks before, and was given the job for the next few months at least, and he already had a position at the club prior to that.

He wanted Carroll, I think that's clear. Well, it's clear to me anyway.

He'd been in the job a matter of days. It's misleading to say he had a position at the club prior to that when we know he had chosen to walk away after Hodgson was appointed. Rafa did send Dalglish to watch Suarez at Ajax, we also know Dalglish was a fan of Carroll before he was signed. Did he think the 2 could play together? We don't know that. Such is the lack of strategy filtering down from up top we on the outside have to try and put the pieces together so it's somewhat dangerous to arrive at one particular conclusion. Same applies to the situation with Rodgers now.

I think you need help

Oh, right because I'm dealing in context.

Wacky, that.

Some juice.

Dalglish formations 11/12:

4-4-2: 17 8 4 5 24-15 28p

4-5-1: 7 5 1 1 13-7 16p

4-1-4-1: 6 1 1 4 8-11 4p

4-3-3: 5 0 2 3 1-5 2p

4-4-1-1: 1 0 1 0 1-1 1p

4-2-3-1: 1 0 0 1 0-1 0p

3-4-2-1: 1 0 1 0 0-0 1p

Rodgers formations 12/13:

4-3-3: 11 4 3 4 15-16 15p

4-2-3-1: 7 2 3 2 12-9 9p

3-4-1-2: 1 0 1 0 1-1 1p

Both Comolli and Kenny have been clear on Carroll that he was Comollis suggestion and Kenny just said he was fine with it when asked about him when Comolli thought he could get him.

But by all means continue to use it as a stick to beat Kenny with even if he only started Carroll 21 times in the league last season.

Both Comolli and Kenny have been clear on Carroll that he was Comollis suggestion and Kenny just said he was fine with it when asked about him when Comolli thought he could get him.

But by all means continue to use it as a stick to beat Kenny with even if he only started Carroll 21 times in the league last season.

Love how all the shite under Dalglish can be explained away but any mistake by Rodgers is hammered, good work.

He'd been in the job a matter of days. It's misleading to say he had a position at the club prior to that when we know he had chosen to walk away after Hodgson was appointed. Rafa did send Dalglish to watch Suarez at Ajax, we also know Dalglish was a fan of Carroll before he was signed. Did he think the 2 could play together? We don't know that. Such is the lack of strategy filtering down from up top we on the outside have to try and put the pieces together so it's somewhat dangerous to arrive at one particular conclusion. Same applies to the situation with Rodgers now.

Oh, right because I'm dealing in context.

Wacky, that.

I think only one of us is "wacky" mate.

I accept your point, managers do say all sorts of shit. Thing is, he said this after he left. I think you make a fair point in so far as the fee goes, I do think you underestimate the level of impact he had in choosing the signings. He was there for a number of weeks before, and was given the job for the next few months at least, and he already had a position at the club prior to that.

He wanted Carroll, I think that's clear. Well, it's clear to me anyway.

Did he want to sell Torres though? Or was the decision made for him? That's not clear, not to me at least.

If selling Torres was presented to him as a fait accompli, then his "I wanted Carroll" line looks very different, given that the alternative would have been not replacing Torres at all.

You're right actually, dull as ditch water I am.

Yeah, good way to try and maintain some sort of authority in a debate.

Be dismissive.

'Kenny was caretaker manager when we signed Carroll.'

Whoa, you cant say that you crazy bastard.

Context? CONTEXT? Pah.

Totally untrue.

Comolli's double page Times interview explicitly stated that Kenny was keen to recruit a traditional centre forward in the Shearer mode which had served him so well at Blackburn.

The idea that Comolli, whose knowledge of players was pretty much exclusively of french and London based players "suggested" Carroll and kenny just went along with it is risible.

Totally untrue.

Comolli's double page Times interview explicitly stated that Kenny was keen to recruit a traditional centre forward in the Shearer mode which had served him so well at Blackburn.

The idea that Comolli, whose knowledge of players was pretty much exclusively of french and London based players "suggested" Carroll and kenny just went along with it is risible.

Totally true.

When did the Times article become the bible by the way?

Haha fuck off mate, that last line made me laugh far more than it should.

Haha know what you mean there code as if Rafa is going to touch a club as far away as us of winning major honours when he can stay at one who will.....

Oh and by the summer will probably have won a major honour under his tenure too.

Depends who we're bringing in.

If say it's Rafa, then I'd be okay with it. I think.

Agreed.

I find it inspiring how Rafa can walk into a club, where all the fans absolutely hate him, and yet do a great job. Nerves of steel that one

I'm always suspicious when the media gives our current managers such an easy time (Rodgers, Hodgson). They seem so pleased we've faded into mediocrity

Agreed.

I find it inspiring how Rafa can walk into a club' date=' where all the fans absolutely hate him, and yet do a great job. Nerves of steel that one

I'm always suspicious when the media gives our current managers such an easy time (Rodgers, Hodgson). They seem so pleased we've faded into mediocrity[/quote']

Nerves of steel? Are you for real

Worst case scenario he gets until May, but earns a few million pound. Best case scenario, he gets an extended contract and a club that has the ability to sign whoever, and for however much they cost.

It's not like he took over a relegation threatened team for peanuts is it