You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

I was happy when he got sacked though and even more happy when we brought Kenny back.

Were you happy with eighth? That along with the money he wasted were the reasons behind the sacking of Kenny.

Let's see where Rodger's finishes and what he does with the money he's given, then make a judgement.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santa?

You reckon Dalglish 'wiped his arse with a king's ransom' when recent history shows the role of manager at this club has diminished.

I think the best thing supporters can do for their club right now is begin to appreciate the wider context.

You reckon Dalglish 'wiped his arse with a king's ransom' when recent history shows the role of manager at this club has diminished.

I think the best thing supporters can do for their club right now is begin to appreciate the wider context.

Maybe, maybe not, I stand by my criticism of what I believe to be an unprecedented waste of tens of millions of pounds, as far as I remember Dalglish himself said they were all his choices and I believe that's the reason he was sacked.

Maybe, maybe not, I stand by my criticism of what I believe to be an unprecedented waste of tens of millions of pounds, as far as I remember Dalglish himself said they were all his choices and I believe that's the reason he was sacked.

Given recent history you're still happy to take things at face value.

That's self defeating.

It's a pointless question. Kenny said it was his choice of player. I'd concede he likely didn't negotiate the final price, but he'd have known what was going on and still wanted the player. My point was simply that he had a big money striker he wanted. Rodgers doesn't have one available.

That's the second time in a week you've read Carroll where somebody's typed something else. You need to put that voodoo doll away.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There seems to be a strange glossing over of what Kenny has said on a number of occasions. Some even suggest he's lying because he's so nice rather than thinking that the manager just might have wanted the players. None of that really matters now, Kenny has gone, Rodgers is here, and he has to work with the quality of the squad he inherited. That's poor, which is why we're playing the likes of Joke Hole, and kids in attack. Once he has the chance to do what Kenny did, then he'll be judged on how well the team is doing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That's the second time in a week you've read Carroll where somebody's typed something else. You need to put that voodoo doll away.

Nah, you need to read the whole thread. He said Cole in response to what I was saying about Carroll.

Well if they weren't his choices he shouldn't have said they were should he?

In the 4 years prior to his return the club had been embroiled in a very public civil war.

Dalglish obviously didn't want to prolong this and opted for a show of unity when things got difficult.

I think it's safe to assume he was somewhat relying on supporters to see through those comments by adding a bit of context.

There seems to be a strange glossing over of what Kenny has said on a number of occasions. Some even suggest he's lying because he's so nice rather than thinking that the manager just might have wanted the players.

When Rafa said Robbie Keane will not be sold did you believe him?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
When Rafa said Robbie Keane will not be sold did you believe him?

I don't see how this is relevant to Carroll. Just because Rafa and the previous owners said something, it doesn't make it automatically true that Kenny didn't want Carroll. We wouldn't have signed a player for £35m if the manager said he didn't want him. He clearly wanted the guy. That's fine, too, there's no shame in getting it wrong. All managers do it.

It's not even important anymore (at least in terms of Kenny), it's just that Rodgers has to rebuild.

So he says they were his signings and thinks " I know they were shite and that they were signed under my tenure, but I think the club has been through enough strife so I'll cop the blame but I know the fans will know they weren't really my signings, they'll work out that I'm taking one for the team" Well that's me sold, don't know how I never saw it to be honest.

In the 4 years prior to his return the club had been embroiled in a very public civil war.

Dalglish obviously didn't want to prolong this and opted for a show of unity when things got difficult.

I think it's safe to assume he was somewhat relying on supporters to see through those comments by adding a bit of context.

It is my belief you are clutching at straws here.

Were you happy with eighth? That along with the money he wasted were the reasons behind the sacking of Kenny.

Let's see where Rodger's finishes and what he does with the money he's given, then make a judgement.

Considering how the season panned out it did not bother me one bit that we finished 8th as it would have made fuck all difference if we finished 4th or 17th.

We were never outside the top 8 last season and we were in the fight for 3rd until the beginning of March until we lost to Arsenal after we had won the Carling Cup.

Our leagu season ended there and I have no problem with that as long as we could also reach the FA Cup final and maybe win our second trophy in a season, something we had not managed since then treble season.

If Rodgers win the FA Cup or Europa League he will have had a good season even if we have been underachieving all season so far in the league.

So he says they were his signings and thinks " I know they were shite and that they were signed under my tenure, but I think the club has been through enough strife so I'll cop the blame but I know the fans will know they weren't really my signings, they'll work out that I'm taking one for the team" Well that's me sold, don't know how I never saw it to be honest.

Wow, talk about totally missing the point.

Dalglish spoke time and again about Carroll being a long term signing. Dalglish was their for the betterment of the club, not himself, he wasn't there to save his own skin, the club went before him.

It's simply explained, when Carroll was signed Dalglish was caretaker manager, he'd been in the job a matter of days. Was he consulted? I'm sure he was. Was he responsible for the transfer strategy put in place? Don't be silly. Did he have full control of who came in and who went out? Again - don't be silly.

This is applying context, do you see?

Rodgers claims he has full control but what do the activities in the last transfer window suggest? That he doesn't have full control despite him claiming he does.

Applying context. It's a wonderful thing to do.

I don't see how this is relevant to Carroll. Just because Rafa and the previous owners said something, it doesn't make it automatically true that Kenny didn't want Carroll. We wouldn't have signed a player for £35m if the manager said he didn't want him.

Managers say all sorts of things publicly, don't they. That's my point.

Here's the kicker - he wasn't manager when we signed Carroll.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Managers say all sorts of things publicly, don't they. That's my point.

Here's the kicker - he wasn't manager when we signed Carroll.

I accept your point, managers do say all sorts of shit. Thing is, he said this after he left. I think you make a fair point in so far as the fee goes, I do think you underestimate the level of impact he had in choosing the signings. He was there for a number of weeks before, and was given the job for the next few months at least, and he already had a position at the club prior to that.

He wanted Carroll, I think that's clear. Well, it's clear to me anyway.

It is my belief you are clutching at straws here.

You seem to doubt Kenny's sincerity in wanting to promote unity and bring stability to the club,which he did.

I believe Kenny as he was true to his word and even said good things about the owners when sacked.

We have all lost sight of how far it is from almost going out of business to being one of the big four again. We have to accept that averageness is going to ensue and we are also going to struggle to attract the top people,players and staff,to the club.

We are now in that period of averageness.

Wow, talk about totally missing the point.

Dalglish spoke time and again about Carroll being a long term signing. Dalglish was their for the betterment of the club, not himself, he wasn't there to save his own skin, the club went before him.

It's simply explained, when Carroll was signed Dalglish was caretaker manager, he'd been in the job a matter of days. Was he consulted? I'm sure he was. Was he responsible for the transfer strategy put in place? Don't be silly. Did he have full control of who came in and who went out? Again - don't be silly.

This is applying context, do you see?

Rodgers claims he has full control but what do the activities in the last transfer window suggest? That he doesn't have full control despite him claiming he does.

Applying context. It's a wonderful thing to do.

I think you need help