You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blood pressure

Redder Lurtz

I had a lovely letter from my GP recently, reminding me that I'm now in my 40's and I need to get a NHS checkup as I'm getting old. Yeah, cheers for that.

So I had my checkup and they've asked me to go back in a month because my blood pressure is very high. They may put me on medication to help me lower it, they said. Wasn't too arsed until I googled it and discovered high blood pressure is often called "the silent killer", which is nice.

There's a few old fuckers like me on here - any of you lot had one of these checkups and found something nasty lurking, or anyone else have any experience of high blood pressure?

Aye, t'is called the silent killer because it often doesn't get picked up before it kills people, but you just had it picked up so good stuff mate and I'm sure you will be fine. You'll get beta-blockers or similar to reduce it.

The NHS '40+ M.O.T' or whatever they call it is a great idea. Men's health seems to have become a priority over recent years which is commendable since we are stubborn bastards who usually only visit the doc when our cocks are hanging off.

Haha, that's a fair point CD.

Since I found out I've consciously been trying not to get stressed over shit. City Link postal collection office this morning for instance - they've just "lost" the parcel they have for me and have no idea what they're going to do about it. Usually I'd get really stressy about something like that - today I just shook my head at the bloke, walked out, got in my car and drove away.

Nature's a sneaky cunt, throwing this one into the mix.

I was diagnosed about 10 years ago, I take one tablet every morning, have my BP checked every 3 months, and every 12 months a check to see that the tablets arent having an adverse affect on my liver function ( they arent), last BP check was 120 / 85, which they tell me is fine. So the meds work for me.

A mate of mine had a similar experience in that his 40 plus check up highlighted high blood pressure. They put him on some tablets which seemed to do the trick and he's right as rain so I'm sure you'll be fine mate.

Edit. Just seen on Facebook he died today. Good luck Lurtzy old boy.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

You think you got it bad? whingeing cunt! My cock hurts.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

bruisedcock_zps5e33f317.jpg

Guest The Big Green Bastard
Fucking hell BGB!

I know!

I got kicked in the cock by a horse and some cunt thinks his life is threatened with his blood pressure!

I got news for you Mike, you only have one cock! you lose that and life is not worth living!

Its not so much the high blood pressure but the obesity or furring of the arteries that cause the high blood pressure.

If you are overweight then lose a bit and watch your diet and drinking if you want to get it under control.

High Blood Pressure is usually a symptom of other problems,a lot of which can be cured or reversed.