You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't know why anyone would leave Barca except perhaps for more money. I think it's challenging enough being at the club perhaps not on a domestic level in La Liga, but on a European competition level. Maybe Valdes wants to try a new culture. Maybe he wants an improved contract at Barca. Who knows?

I'd want Pepe to stay as long as we can keep hold of him. His form dipped steadily after the 08/09 season and he's started to pick up injuries. But our defensive line had the 3rd best goals conceded record last season. This season, we're currently 5th best.

I don't know why anyone would leave Barca except perhaps for more money. I think it's challenging enough being at the club perhaps not on a domestic level in La Liga, but on a European competition level. Maybe Valdes wants to try a new culture. Maybe he wants an improved contract at Barca. Who knows?

I'd want Pepe to stay as long as we can keep hold of him. His form dipped steadily after the 08/09 season and he's started to pick up injuries. But our defensive line had the 3rd best goals conceded record last season. This season, we're currently 5th best.

Someone (that would know), can't remember who, said this was basically the reason. He wants a new challenge and to play in another country.

I'd rather Pepe stayed, but Valdes would be a pretty good replacement. Both are excellent keepers.

So you think that the opportunity to give an existing LFC player a chance, one who has done pretty well, and save money into the bargain is one that FSG would not consider?

I think Jones' distribution and ability with the ball at his feet is good enough to play the type of football we want to play.

Spurs, Man U,and Arsenal over the past few years have shown how uncertain buying goalkeepers in is.

I don't think that Jones is a worldbeater, but he is perfectly competent for the stage we are at. If the wages saved, and fee banked,form a reina sale were spent wisely elsewhere in the team, it should be considered on merit.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Jones is fine when it comes to shot stopping and coming for crosses - better than Pepe, I'd say - but when it comes to, well, everything else, well, the less said about his distribution the better. Everything Reina is brilliant at is what Jones is dreadful at.

Swansea would be asking £10m+ for Vorm, probably dependant on what we get for Reina.

Love Vorm, but not like this. Let's have a bit of pre-planning in the transfer market and not just wait until the last week of the window, sell a player, and then get held at gunpoint for a replacement.

Keep Reina, even if it means he doesnt play the rest of the season. But for Christs sake let's buy ourselves 6 months to line-up a replacement with a bit of value for money.

It’s hard to find a #2 whose happy sitting on the bench and isn’t a complete dud/kid but if Jones was promoted to #1 other than Jussi at West Ham we’d have the worst #1 keeper in the league.

Buying keepers is very hard, I thought we should of gone for Lloris. In all honesty we have a VERY good goalkeeper (probably as good as current Reina) in Doni, but fuck knows where he is…