You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yes he has partly. No doubt, he will be replaced.

I would imagine the only player who has been consistently good over that period is Suarez.

I think you're right about that, arguably Agger's been a consistent performer as well, although he's less spectacular. Glen Johnson has also been good, but behind those guys I can't think of anyone.

I think you're right about that, arguably Agger's been a consistent performer as well, although he's less spectacular. Glen Johnson has also been good, but behind those guys I can't think of anyone.

most of them haven't been shite for almost the entire 3 years though, Pepe has

Hart making a mistake doesn't make Pepe any better.

It does however, make a mockery out of those saying any keeper would be better, and that Joe Hart is world class.

It's sort of like when people were saying that any manager could do better than Benitez. We weren't able to attract a better manager than Rafa back then, and we will certainly struggle to find a better goalkeeper than Reina if we try now. He's by far the best goalie we've had at our club since Grobbelaar, and imo he compares favourably with him too. Replacing him should not be an option imo, getting a different/another GK coach in should be considered though.

Guest San Don
I don't give a toss either way about those opinions. I just miss having a commanding goalkeeper at the top of his game, and think the rot has to stop somehow.

Is right.

And anyone claiming hart is 'world class' doesnt know the meaning of the phrase. Very good, exceptional even but, world class? No, not yet.

Listen, if you want to hang onto job titles as opposed to what people do, knock yourself out.

Benitez employs a renowned goalkeeper coach but calls him anything but. Go figure.

Here's an interesting article in the mail which goes into what Valero actually does. Surprisingly, it seems to backup what benitez said he does and not what you make-believed he does. Imagine that, eh.

* Note: No piscinin's we're knocked out in the making of this post *

Chelsea scouting report for Wigan match revealed | Mail Online

Guest San Don
Here's an interesting article in the mail which goes into what Valero actually does. Surprisingly, it seems to backup what benitez said he does and not what you make-believed he does. Imagine that, eh.

Chelsea scouting report for Wigan match revealed | Mail Online

Once again, if you want to believe a renowned goalkeeping coach has suddenly become an expert, opposition analyst, has no input in his field ie coaching keepers at that club and you believe everything the wail prints, that's up to you.

* The gullible always believe what's in the daily wail as the 'truth.' *

Once again, if you want to believe a renowned goalkeeping coach has suddenly become an expert, opposition analyst, has no input in his field ie coaching keepers at that club and you believe everything the wail prints, that's up to you.

* The gullible always believe what's in the daily wail as the 'truth.' *

As you will. Already too tedious and consumptive.

Guest San Don
As you will. Already too tedious and consumptive.

Up to you.

You seem convinced and prefer to hide behind, on the word of the daily wail article no less, that a renowned goalkeeping coach has no part to play in his recognised field and, suddenly become an expert opposition match analyst providing excellent submissions to the manager to see out the oppos.

Bruce Grobbelaar? Good post until that oversight.

I was referring to the end of Grobbelaar's time, I was too young to remember him at his best. The Brucie I remember was capable of being great but all too often was shit.

I don't give a toss either way about those opinions. I just miss having a commanding goalkeeper at the top of his game, and think the rot has to stop somehow.

We haven't had a commanding captain playing well for the best part of 3 years either. Perhaps if we afford Reina the same time he'll have a similar turnaround to the one of Gerrard in recent weeks?

We haven't had a commanding captain playing well for the best part of 3 years either. Perhaps if we afford Reina the same time he'll have a similar turnaround to the one of Gerrard in recent weeks?

Completely different scenario for me, Stevie has missed lots through injuries and most the time even when he wasn't on top form he was still a very good player, the only time I think he has been genuinely poor are the early stages of this season, Reina has been a liability for a long time