You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I really dont give a fuck about the mistakes other keepers make except if it leads to us scoring. Not sure I agree with the comment hart made 3 he got away with though.

Been saying it for a while that reina's heart is here but his head isnt. These errors have crept into his game and the choice of gK coach has nothing to do with it.

No doubt you dont give a fuck and neither do I. Just that a lot of people think that the grass is always greener. I think point is that its very hard to find a goalkeeper playing for a bigger team who doesnt make mistakes.

Reina’s credentials are indisputable, that they are now to be found looking backwards equally so. His rash dash cost us two points, and it is difficult to remember a consistent run of impressive games for two seasons now. Spain don’t trust him in the big games, and we are now approaching that time. A summer sale whilst he still has some value seems the best answer. There is no point in talking about his ability if it is not on show. Although his reputation will endure, his motivational curve has been downwards for some time, driven by disappointment of unrealised dreams. He has been away from home for a long time now, it shows.

No doubt you dont give a fuck and neither do I. Just that a lot of people think that the grass is always greener. I think point is that its very hard to find a goalkeeper playing for a bigger team who doesnt make mistakes.

So whats your point? Do we just settle for one that does? It is hard, you're right. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try.

I don't know about Pepe. I absolutely love him and still think he's a very good keeper but there is definitely something going on. I don't think we'd be wrong to let him go this summer. But its entirely dependant on who bring in.

I think that perhaps things have run their course, he's been here eight years. I think a change might suit both parties. He's a top, top bloke though.

agree with this. kind of like with managers, sometimes its just time. things get stale, he's never had a real backup to provide competition, and after a while you stagnate.

but for every one time that aguero example happens, there's been 10 others where pepe's raced out similarly and slid tackle or poked the ball away.

aguero's finish was absolutely world class and not sure he can do that 5 times out of 10.

I panicked when I heard a rumour that Pepe was leaving us in the January transfer window. The fear was more about us not being able to find a replacement quickly. However, now, if he was to leave this summer, I'd be sad but I wouldn't be worried. He should have won a lot more domestically with us and maybe feels it's time to move on. But I don't think it'll be to Barca and not next summer. I'd welcome someone like Stekelenburg as our second keeper and then I'd be ok with Pepe moving on in 2014. It will give him a chance to have an outstanding final year with us before the World Cup.

Feel terrible for the bloke. Has it in him to be top class but he's so shaky at the minute it's not worth picking him.

First half on Wed he was excellent. Then lost concentration.

Had nowt to do today really. Then lost concentration again.

He needs to sort his head out rapidly or else he will need to be replaced.

Think the comment about a change might suit both parties is very true. Same thing seemed to happen to David James. Lost his form and never seemed to find it again here then looked a lot better when he went to Villa. Shame as when Reina arrived here and looked so impressive early on and with his age I thought we had our goalkeeping position sorted for years to come. Sad how I've gone from hoping he sticks with us to no longer caring either way to actually wanting a new keeper, but he's definitely cost us some points this season and I'm really struggling to recall the last time he had a really impressive game for us.

love the "replace reina" stuff on here. Fuck off. name a better keeper available to us. top feet that encourages the style rodgers wants to play. reina's a top man in the dressing room(potential future captain). everyone who slags him off on here would have critisced grobbelaar too for making bold choices that sometimes went wrong. happy though to accept defeat when someones suggests an alternative that has all of his atrributes and better still. begovic etc etc

The problem with keepers is that good ones are like rocking horse shit. The position in general seems to have declined in quality massively down the years, I've no idea why, EUFA fucking with the ball, training methods, the backpass rule, I've no idea, but you can count the truly good ones in world football on one hand. The mancs have spent the best part of a decade trying to replace Schmeical and spunked £18m on that bag of shite who still remains their Achiles heel.

Reina was IMO our most consistent and solid keeper since Clemence when we got him and the best in the league by far at his pomp, that he's declined is clear, but there's still the raw material of a great keeper in there.

People say we should drop him, but for who? That clown Brad Jones? He makes De Gea look like The Black Spider. And replace him long term with who? If we can find someone then great, but it's not that easy - fuck knows we tried long enough to find Reina.

love the "replace reina" stuff on here. Fuck off. name a better keeper available to us. top feet that encourages the style rodgers wants to play. reina's a top man in the dressing room(potential future captain). everyone who slags him off on here would have critisced grobbelaar too for making bold choices that sometimes went wrong. happy though to accept defeat when someones suggests an alternative that has all of his atrributes and better still. begovic etc etc

its no good being good with the ball at your feet if you can't stop preventable goals going in on a regular basis

I've never taken much notice of how he is with his feet but Mignolet is developing into a very good keeper at Sunderland

but how long do you give it to return before you give up on him? its been a long time since he was a top keeper

I don't know, I'm in broad agreement with those who've said maybe a parting of the ways is best for both parties, but I've no idea who we'd replace him with.

It's interesting that his decline has almost mirrored that of Torres, not as rapid and steep, but still, both shadows of what they were.

His decline has been as inexorable as he was once brilliant. He was at one point my favourite keeper since Clem, but that was more then three years ago and it's inescapable that he's now no better than average. I also think his much vaunted distribution has suffered in that time. I'd love nothing better than him to come good again but I'm not expecting it, to be honest. I suspect he's got a few more months to sort his shit out at most, since we've been sniffing around other keepers recently.

So whats your point? Do we just settle for one that does? It is hard, you're right. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try.

I don't know about Pepe. I absolutely love him and still think he's a very good keeper but there is definitely something going on. I don't think we'd be wrong to let him go this summer. But its entirely dependant on who bring in.

I think Section has summed up my point better than i can explain it. We do need a new keeper for competition but at the same time keep him to see whether that spurs him on. We know that he has in him to be top keeper. He has been there before.

I imagine it all be a moot point anyway as he wants out by the sounds of it and the club will be glad to be getting rid of an underperforming player on high wages.

His decline has been as inexorable as he was once brilliant. He was at one point my favourite keeper since Clem, but that was more then three years ago and it's inescapable that he's now no better than average. I also think his much vaunted distribution has suffered in that time. I'd love nothing better than him to come good again but I'm not expecting it, to be honest. I suspect he's got a few more months to sort his shit out at most, since we've been sniffing around other keepers recently.

Psychology plays a massive part with players and he's come across as someone who's forcing himself to stay loyal to the club but probably hasn't wanted to be here for quite some time and it shows, that's why I broadly agree with the notion of an exit being best for both sides.

Shame we didn't get Friedel when we were in for him last summer as the lack of competition for his place probably hasn't helped much. Doni was surely supposed to supply that going off the wages he was reportedly on but never really did and I don't think anyone would want to see Jones in the first team for any length of time.

Think the comment about a change might suit both parties is very true. Same thing seemed to happen to David James. Lost his form and never seemed to find it again here then looked a lot better when he went to Villa. Shame as when Reina arrived here and looked so impressive early on and with his age I thought we had our goalkeeping position sorted for years to come. Sad how I've gone from hoping he sticks with us to no longer caring either way to actually wanting a new keeper, but he's definitely cost us some points this season and I'm really struggling to recall the last time he had a really impressive game for us.

To be fair, 8 years is quite a long time. Even if he moves on we've got the most out of our investment in him and we've probably had his best years.

I'm of the mind now where I wouldn't be pissed if we sold him as long as we got a the right replacement in. Not a keeper that has potential to be good but a keeper that's already good with potential to be world class.

I don't claim to know who that is but that's the type of keeper we should sign if Reina moves, Ter Stegen apparently is the next Kahn but I haven't seen him play except on youtube.

I think Section has summed up my point better than i can explain it. We do need a new keeper for competition but at the same time keep him to see whether that spurs him on. We know that he has in him to be top keeper. He has been there before.

I imagine it all be a moot point anyway as he wants out by the sounds of it and the club will be glad to be getting rid of an underperforming player on high wages.

I agree with that (you can see as much in my post) but don't think its impossible to find a great keeper - just hard. I don't think we'll be able to afford him and bring somebody in to be honest. With the wages hes on and the fee he'd command, he'd be quite a luxury of a bench warmer.

Yeah - I reckon hes gone. If he goes though I hope we get the fee we deserve for him.