You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Charlie Adam´s father found dead at age of 50

Dracco

The former footballer Charlie Adam has died suddenly. He was 50 years old.

Tayside Police said they were called to Grampian Gardens in Dundee at about 18:30 on Monday following the death.

There were no suspicious circumstances but a report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.

As a midfielder, Mr Adam played with clubs including Dundee United and Partick Thistle. His son Charlie is a Scotland international and plays for Stoke City

RIP Charlie and family, Charlie seemed to be nice guy and his old man had no age...terrible news for their family, anytime, and especially at Xmas.:(

Sorry to hear this. That's no age to lose your dad.

While I'm commenting on Charlie Adam I also want to note that he goes about his business the right way. I haven't got a clue what he earns at Stoke, but fair play to the lad for not wanting to draw his money for sitting on the bench at Liverpool. He is a footballer and would rather play, which is exactly the right sort of attitude to take. I wish more were like him.

Haven't seen this until now myself. That's terrible news to get just before christmas. Or any time for that sake.

Always saw him as a great professional when he was at the club and he was in my opinion the only good signing that summer. Did well at the start of the season providing both goals and assists while Stevie was out. Sadly he's usually lumped together with those other players we signed that summer.

Awful news. Gotta say that the lack of responses to this thread is a poor reflection on Liverpool fans. The guy served us honestly and deserves our well wishes regardless of how well he performed

I thought the same when I checked this thread yesterday, after the OP was made by me.

YNWA Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

Did anybody see Charlie on A Question of Sport recently? Leaving aside my feelings of utter hatred for Matt Dawson and smack head Tufnell, I thought Charlie came across as a very likeable bloke. If it was recorded since his father passed away (which is possible I'm guessing) then all the more respect to him.

RIP and best wishes.

Did anybody see Charlie on A Question of Sport recently? Leaving aside my feelings of utter hatred for Matt Dawson and smack head Tufnell, I thought Charlie came across as a very likeable bloke. If it was recorded since his father passed away (which is possible I'm guessing) then all the more respect to him.

RIP and best wishes.

I think it was just after he signed for us that unless he has been on again