You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Never mind all this bollocks, is xerxes back from the match yet?

I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep unless he confirms that he made it back safe and sound.

God speed.

I'm sure he'll be along in a minute, all out of breath.

nice win today. good finish from skrtel, great run and finish from gerrard who was really good today, brilliant ball from downing for that goal and good to see downing take some responsibility and go for goal a few times today. he's a good footballer just lacks balls but saw some from him today. I wouldn't be too happy with riise for that 3rd goal but take nothing away from downing. enrique was awesome too and great to see him set up suarez for a 4th. clean sheet too. bonus.

happy christmas all the happy reds (and even the miserable ones too).

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Downing like Henderson has been quietly improving all season.

That's why it's good to give players a bit of leeway and time to settle.

Hopefully we will be saying the same about Allen and Borini next year as they have shown potential.

Now is the time to place your trust in the manager to get the best out of them.

Dead straightforward this football supporter lark.

Henderson is entirely different from Downing. Henderson is 22 years old, by the end of this season Downing will be 29 and has the best part of an incredibly mediocre career behind him.

I think it's absolutely fair of you to point out that giving players 'a bit' of leeway is the right thing to do in the case of Henderson, but I'm not sure it's a fair comment to, after one good performance in a season and a half, say it of Downing.

Downing has had some horrific games this season, BTW. He has had a few okay games, a couple of good games and one very good game. It's not enough.

however 'every other player in the world' doesn't pull on a red jersey regardless of form or effectiveness. Allen does. I stand by my comment. More rotation earlier in the season would perhaps have had us further up the table. BR doesn't have control over 'every other player in the world' but he does have the final say on the squad. The retarded moron certainly isn't me , Hank.

Like Carroll we will make a loss on Downing. AND?

Keeping either one signed to the club for any longer than absolutely neccessary (for any wage) is not a step in the right direction.

Walcott, Sturridge and Ince, that's a step in the right direction. With Kelly to come back in January, we would have a bigger squad, and a squad with youth and talent.

The least Downing owes LFC is to pull his finger out just prior to the window to turn some heads, maybe even up his price a tad.

Good times ahead.

Great result today too, obviously, shame it weren't 5 or 6, but 4 is very good! They were woefull JAR showing us why we moved him on, loved the reception he got though. Today is the first time in a long time that I have sat watching from the first whistle to the last grinning like a madman, just waiting for us to score again.

Brilliant.

Great performance and nice to watch us have an easy win for once' date=' good for the blood pressure. Downing motm for me, never thought I'd be saying that. Nice to see Stevie get a goal too, if only he'd get in the box more often I'm sure he'd get a few more. I liked the shift Suso put in, he didn't really get the run of the ball much but was a constant pain in the arse for Fulham closing down defenders and putting in a few tackles.

Anyway, nice to get a win. Merry fucking Christmas.[/quote'] Yeah that was a very balanced team today, particularly in midfield. Everyone brought something to the party. Downing showed the maturity of his years, and that solidy with enough flair and sound skillset complemented the attacking ferocity of Enrique, Johnson Shelvey and Stevie. If Downing is sold, we'd lose that valuable option. When one considers that Sterling is still impetuous, inexperienced and takes his cue from the players around him and only really has one trick - hit and run - a bit like Pennant - but is now accepted as being worth 30,000 quid a wk, and also looking at the cost of the has-been Joe Cole, it puts Downing's wages into perspective. It will tho, come down to what offers are laid out for Downing, and what BR does with whatever funds come in, if Downing goes, as to whether we get the best out of any potential deal. Our squad is still very thin and the idea that FSG are making BR sell in order to buy, concerns me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
however 'every other player in the world' doesn't pull on a red jersey regardless of form or effectiveness. Allen does. I stand by my comment. More rotation earlier in the season would perhaps have had us further up the table. BR doesn't have control over 'every other player in the world' but he does have the final say on the squad. The retarded moron certainly isn't me ' date=' Hank.[/quote']

Well, I think you're a total fucking idiot, which is more than enough for me. We were playing one of the worst away sides in Europe. That, more than Allen, might have something to do with it.

Anybody who doesn't think we could have done just as well or better with Allen in the side is 'special'. Funny how we didn't fall apart when he came on. It's not just this point, but many others on this forum which indicate your chin-dribbling brilliance.

Isn't Kelly still injured? I can't wait for him to be available again, he's good enough to be a first teamer, but on current team's form he's an even better back-up.

We are all happy that the timimg has been right for a manager to actually have something at the academy worth using, at a time when he has no choice, but keeping young talent together as a group (Stirling, Shelvey, Suso, Kelly, Robinson, Ince) as they mature into good footballers is better for our future than hoping the owners might start writing cheques for silly money. I think Kelly is a great example of the future of the club, and he's a local boy!

Well, I think you're a total fucking idiot, which is more than enough for me. We were playing one of the worst away sides in Europe. That, more than Allen, might have something to do with it.

Anybody who doesn't think we could have done just as well or better with Allen in the side is 'special'. Funny how we didn't fall apart when he came on. It's not just this point, but many others on this forum which indicate your chin-dribbling brilliance.

Poor Hank, a legend in your own mind, with the language to defend your fantasy fortress. Is Code not around to beat up on today?

You and I will agree to disagree, but whatever respect for your opinions I may have had, is fast disappearing on account of your inclusion of personal insults when an opposing opinion doesn't fit in with yours.

The world must be devolving.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Poor Hank' date=' a legend in your own mind, with the language to defend your fantasy fortress. Is Code not around to beat up on today?[/quote']

Your Americanisms are quite telling.

You and I will agree to disagree

I'll do no such thing. I'll just say you're wrong. I think your digs have been completely unnecessary and have shown how little you actually know. You've been doing it for weeks. It's fucking annoying.

but whatever respect for your opinions I may have had, is fast disappearing on account of your inclusion of personal insults when an opposing opinion doesn't fit in with yours.

Opposing opinions I can handle, agenda driven shortsightedsness I can't.

Great result. Well deserved and justified.

Top players were right across the back four plus Downing. Suso and Shelvey looked out of their depth. Luis and Gerrard never really took the game by the scruff of the neck like they can. Lucas a bit hit and miss - still getting back to full match fitness.

Still a long way short of where we need to be.

Yeah that was a very balanced team today' date=' particularly in midfield. Everyone brought something to the party. Downing showed the maturity of his years, and that solidy with enough flair and sound skillset complemented the attacking ferocity of Enrique, Johnson Shelvey and Stevie. If Downing is sold, we'd lose that valuable option. When one considers that Sterling is still impetuous, inexperienced and takes his cue from the players around him and only really has one trick - hit and run - a bit like Pennant - but is now accepted as being worth 30,000 quid a wk, and also looking at the cost of the has-been Joe Cole, it puts Downing's wages into perspective. It will tho, come down to what offers are laid out for Downing, and what BR does with whatever funds come in, if Downing goes, as to whether we get the best out of any potential deal. Our squad is still very thin and the idea that FSG are making BR sell in order to buy, concerns me.[/quote']

Shelvey and Suso contributed very little. Neither is good enough / ready enough. Downing had a good game, and looked purposeful today. His shhh was interesting though - I wonder who that was aimed at? I don't think he's ever really had stick at the ground - there have been a few groans occasionally, but normally he has been encouraged at the ground for anything half decent.

Gerrard looked good today,and took his goal really well. He's such a good player. Shelvey apart, a good team performance. Fulham were very poor though - worrying times for them.

Henderson is entirely different from Downing. Henderson is 22 years old, by the end of this season Downing will be 29 and has the best part of an incredibly mediocre career behind him.

I think it's absolutely fair of you to point out that giving players 'a bit' of leeway is the right thing to do in the case of Henderson, but I'm not sure it's a fair comment to, after one good performance in a season and a half, say it of Downing.

Downing has had some horrific games this season, BTW. He has had a few okay games, a couple of good games and one very good game. It's not enough.

Weeeell i think he's had more than one good performance in a season n half and i reckon he's done a good job for the team on more than one occasion this season. My evidence for that is yer man Rodgers is picking him on an almost regular basis now but i'm sure you'll respond with ner ner ner and then i'll be like meh meh meh and the discussion will be over there >>>>>> somewhere sulking.

Well in Stewie la, ftm _\|/_

Your Americanisms are quite telling.

I'll do no such thing. I'll just say you're wrong. I think your digs have been completely unnecessary and have shown how little you actually know. You've been doing it for weeks. It's fucking annoying.

Opposing opinions I can handle, agenda driven shortsightedsness I can't.

You annoy easily. My comment 'we aren't really missing Allen' or words to that effect, really wound you up. That's your problem. My comment however, at that time, during the game, was short and to the point, since, I was focusing on the game - I didn't elaborate. My intention was to acknowledge that our squad is the better for having Lucas back, in terms of not being so thin, so stretched. We can rotate; and obviously BR has decided to do just that, given the amount of games in the holiday period.

Sure, in the past I've been sarcastic about Allen, because I don't like to see players picked week in week out regardless of form, and there's no doubt, his form has dipped, and he's shown some weaknesses under pressure. But hey, the whole team has been under pressure, and yes, I happen to think it's got a lot to do with the tactics.

Ok, Fulham are weak - Aston Villa weren't exactly setting the world on fire prior to last weekend either, but they took the three points and put three goals past us.

I took great pleasure from seeing a different team dominate AND score a bundle of goals today (NZ Time) and yes, I acknowledge that my personal feeling, is that last season prior to Lucas' injury, under Dalglish, Downing and Henderson, like many of the more mature players, were more effective and got good results.

All personal opinion Hank; all contributing to the discussion on the forum. All to be taken with a grain of salt, sometimes with posters' tongues planted firmly in cheek.

It's just a game called football. Of which I've been a fan for over 50 years.

Finally, there is no agenda. It's fun winding peeps up though.

Shelvey and Suso contributed very little. Neither is good enough / ready enough. Downing had a good game, and looked purposeful today. His shhh was interesting though - I wonder who that was aimed at? I don't think he's ever really had stick at the ground - there have been a few groans occasionally, but normally he has been encouraged at the ground for anything half decent.

Gerrard looked good today,and took his goal really well. He's such a good player. Shelvey apart, a good team performance. Fulham were very poor though - worrying times for them.

I'd counter that Suso is suffering from a lack of confidence, due to too little game time, and that if he'd been given a similar amount to say, Stirling, we'd be seeing more solid performances. The lad has skill and a brain. I want to see more of him, to see if he grows into the team.