You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA fine Suso for offensively tweeting Enrique. Yes, his teammate and friend Enrique

FrenchEyeGlass

Yet another instance where The FA think they are outside and above the law?

"The interim guidelines thus protect the individual from threats or targeted harassment while protecting the expression of unpopular or unfashionable opinion about serious or trivial matters, or banter or humour, even if distasteful to some and painful to those subjected to it."

From... DPP launches public consultation on prosecutions involving social media communications

Obviously as a global brand it's not good for LFC to allow players to have free reign over their twitter if posting under their real identity.

However, some sense should prevail and the club should maybe point to the CPS' statements to show up the FA (never gonna happen due to fear of reprisal and the power the FA holds over all clubs) but also accept the charge and pay on behalf of Suso just to not make a moutain from a mole hill.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"this guy is gay" could be perceived as "this guy is happy"

If I were Suso, id play that card.

Seriously £10,000 fine, for that.

We can see and hear footballers swear every week in the FA's own league and nothing happens.

We've already tried the "Johnny foreigner not properly understanding English, foreign idiom" defense

Just as well he didn't make any remarks with implicit racist overtones about the "whitening" of his teeth

• 4 weeks later...

No idea why but He had to delete his Twitter account.

Not exactly clear why but it involves a guy pretending to be a girl then them two exchanging pictures.(Although Its not clear this actually happened)

Screenshots were provided,though have been admitted to be false,or not.Its pretty pathetic reading what happened I couldn't stick with it.

Why the fuck would any footballer want to be on twitter? I juts don't get it, so much can go wrong and there's very little reward for being on there.

Ignore the shit and put your side of the story out there when there is something to tell?

That said, it's not for every footballer.

@jose3enrique3: I dunno what's going on with suso but he has not more followers and people start talking bad about him .So ill delete mine as well

Club should just have a policy at this stage.

Mighty Red is the only good thing we have on twitter,Lucas is class and all

deffo seems more trouble than it's worth but maybe that's the age gap opening up as I am past 30. You can put your opinion forward via your own website or blog surely, without all this carry on.

i hate twatter, too many @s all overt he fucking shop, who is talking? and saying waht to who or is that a retweet? and where is the original question everyone is talking about and why is the exact same sentece repeated over and over again?Nonono this won't do at all, I give up every time. stupid twitter making me feel old.

Twitter was all good when it started but over the last few years it has become a real shithole just like Facebook.

The common element is that both of them allow people to say things.

People are awful. Hence, by the transitive principle, anything that allows them to communicate will invariably be awful.

i hate twatter, too many @s all overt he fucking shop, who is talking? and saying waht to who or is that a retweet? and where is the original question everyone is talking about and why is the exact same sentece repeated over and over again?Nonono this won't do at all, I give up every time. stupid twitter making me feel old.

Well said. No idea how something that looks like one big mess has gained so much popularity. Re@lly don´t underst@nd wh@t I should think of @ll this @nymore.