You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA fine Suso for offensively tweeting Enrique. Yes, his teammate and friend Enrique

FrenchEyeGlass

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several reasons why the FA have done this.

1) They're idiots

2) They're greedy bastards who want money off wealthy footballers for any flimsy reason

3) They're trying to please certain politically correct establishments. They're concerned that if they let this slide some gay rights group will publicly condemn them for allowing footballers to use anti-gay slurs thus promoting football as a homophobic sport

4) They're idiots

Why dont this club of ours ever stand up to the FA and tell them to go and fuck themselves just like whisky nose would?

We are like the kid in scum who Ray Winston beats the shit out of and who suddenly becomes everybody else's bitch.

It embarrassing the stuff going on at our club now,we are fuckin spineless.

What the fuck has this got to do with football and the FA?

Is this some kind of sick joke I just dont get?

Pathetic and laughable is the only words to describe this, both the FA and our club who have let this get this far.

Suso should tweet fuck off you bunch of gays as a reply.

Ridiculous.

What the fuck has this got to do with football and the FA?

Is this some kind of sick joke I just dont get?

Pathetic and laughable is the only words to describe this, both the FA and our club who have let this get this far.

Suso should tweet fuck off you bunch of gays as a reply.

Ridiculous.

Funnily enough Code, when talking about the FA these are words which strangely just roll off the tongue.

I'm not a massive fan. I think this may be evident.

If the FA can demonstrate that they are holding all players to this standard then at least we have consistency. Is there a list somewhere of people they have fined for comments on twitter?

Other than that, I am uncomfortable with the whole thing. We should be able to tell the difference between words that are meant to degrade and insult and words that amount to little more than banter. The balance between free speech and criminalising, or censuring this sort of thing, is out of whack.

With each generation that comes through, standards drop further; whether its language, behavior or any sense of community. I fucking want it all and I fucking want it now, is, essentially, the catch-cry of all and sundry.

Ban him from football for life; a job at Tescos on a checkout might give the young upstart some perspective.

The FA's ineptness comes to the fore, we all know in what manner Suso meant the tweet (banter, perhaps a little ill advised with him being a well known person but nothing too bad) but there is no way from the tweet that the FA could prove he was using it as even a small insult, all it says is "this guy is gay" which is just a statement and has nothing that can be proven to be derogatory along side it, they made have had a case if it said "this guy is a gay bastard" etc, but by inferring that calling someone gay is offensive the FA have proven themselves to be the only homophobes in this particular scenario.

I rest my case

Several reasons why the FA have done this.

1) They're idiots

2) They're greedy bastards who want money off wealthy footballers for any flimsy reason

3) They're trying to please certain politically correct establishments. They're concerned that if they let this slide some gay rights group will publicly condemn them for allowing footballers to use anti-gay slurs thus promoting football as a homophobic sport

4) They're idiots

5) They know full well that we as a club won't stand up for ourselves and will let ourselves get shafted left, right and centre.

Why dont this club of ours ever stand up to the FA and tell them to go and fuck themselves just like whisky nose would?

We are like the kid in scum who Ray Winston beats the shit out of and who suddenly becomes everybody else's bitch.

It embarrassing the stuff going on at our club now,we are fuckin spineless.

Because it would be bad for the brand.

Sorry but he shouldn't have said this! If they are serious about dealing with homophobia in football then they have to ensure that casual insults like this, however slight, are not seen to be appropriate.

He hasn't been banned, he has been fined - the only issue I have is that Frimpong was fined £6000 for calling Spurs fans Yids! However Frimpong's punishment was pathetically weak, and ignorant - I do think Suso's is about right.

Sorry but he shouldn't have said this! If they are serious about dealing with homophobia in football then they have to ensure that casual insults like this, however slight, are not seen to be appropriate.

He hasn't been banned, he has been fined - the only issue I have is that Frimpong was fined £6000 for calling Spurs fans Yids! However Frimpong's punishment was pathetically weak, and ignorant - I do think Suso's is about right.

1 weeks wages in both cases, for basically the same offence. Where's the problem?

One is a jokey little aside to a freind, that was (although offensive to some) not meant to offend.

The other was offensive, with the sole purpose of being offensive.

Alas, there's no such thing as a jokey aside to a friend when you use a global broadcast medium like twitter. The FA have made it clear they're going to act in these kind of cases and they've said misuse of social media = 1 weeks fine. All seems pretty straight up to me. It's not like anyone has been blind-sided here.

The buggers at the FA act like drama queens once a Liverpool player makes a terminological faux pas.

It is a queer state of affairs when a word appropriated by the homosexual community to proclaim their orientation cannot be utilised by the younger generation to describe anything that they deem to be shoddy, tasteless or just unfashionable. Do our youth not have the same rights to language inversion as homosexuals? If not, why not?

I do agree that political correctness can be employed to help eradicate the social evils of racism, homophobia, sectarianism and Conservatism. Yet this pursuit of etymological abberations could go as far as to make even the most PC of people turn Turk and just say 'sod the FA'.