You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Local Concert Advice

NoelM

Looking for some local help, Frightened Rabbit are playing the o2 academy in Liverpool on Saturday 23rd February. My 13 year old son is a big fan and is desperate to see them live and they allow 8-13 year olds in (to the o2) if they are accompanied by an adult. When FR come to Ireland they always play over 18 venues so it's impossible for him to go. What's the venue like, is it suitable?

I've been the 02 plenty of times, but only for all adult gigs, so it's hard to say what it'll be like.

I've never seen any trouble there and I would imagine it'll be fine. Only problem I have in there is the price of the ale. About £4 for a can - yes, a can - of carling.

Never been to the Liverpool one, but the Academies are generally pretty well maintained venues because of the corporate sponsorship. There'll be plenty of places to watch and meet if you get split up and will mainly be filled with indie kids, so the main danger is being overwhelmed by pretension or him coming away a conceited douche.

Thanks for the advice guys, I've been to the academy in Dublin a few times and it's fine, prefer the smaller venues but when it's your kid civilised is better I think. To avoid him becoming a conceited douche I'll keep him close to me, a balding 40 something as a companion should keep his feet on the ground.